Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

cheers
is it jus me or does the number 5 appear different font? 2008 and 2009 saints jumpers.
Or is it because Michael Gardiner was an XL and Harvey a Medium...

6FD49B62-B74D-43B2-8F0C-D35E0787C5A2.jpg
I believe this is covered in the excellent football jumper reference website: www.footyjumpers.com
StKilda-2008.gif
StKilda-2009.gif

Did you change this just recently ? Swear to god they were the same last time I was on the site.
A little while back. As in somewhere in 2015.

PS What I have noticed is the website has a very strict caching policy for pages and pics.
Essentially, once you've downloaded an image or a page off the bomberblitz website (who host it, thanks guys), it takes an effort to refresh if the page or image get changed/updated.

A little while back. As in somewhere in 2015.

PS What I have noticed is the website has a very strict caching policy for pages and pics.
Essentially, once you've downloaded an image or a page off the bomberblitz website (who host it, thanks guys), it takes an effort to refresh if the page or image get changed/updated.
This whole proxy image nonsense the admins have mandated probably doesn't help you out too much.

Is the Sherrin font something that's available in the wild? I've had a bit of a dig but no luck so far. They clearly have one at least for in-house use, for custom balls.
Do you want a vector version?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just picked up a Geelong long sleeved guernsey from about 1992-1995, but it has a signature of Paul Chapman on the back in black texta. As much as I am a big fan, I don't really want his signature on that guernsey! Does anyone have good tips to remove the ink from that material without causing any damage?

adleaide giants.jpg
How do you take a picture of an embroided logo like this and turn it into a 'regular' logo image? What tools on Photoshop should I be using?

Last edited:
View attachment 224856
How do you take a picture of an embroided logo like this and turn it into a 'regular' logo image? What tools on Photoshop should I be using?
I'm fairly sure there's no automatic embroidery-to-2D image tools on Photoshop, so you'll have to do it manually.

Your best bet would be to use the Pen Tool. The Pen Tool on Photoshop isn't just your regular pen tool that you'd find on Paint, it's much more advanced and precise. It's very simple to use, though, but you'd need to look up 1 or 2 tutorials to get the hang of it. It's highly worth it.

Can I make a general board-wide suggestion that, from now on, when anybody mentions the Pen Tool to newcomers that they actually explain what it is? Because just saying 'pen tool' isn't exactly selling it, nor does it explain just how powerful and simple of a tool it is.

I have a feeling people tend to look right over it assuming it's a useless free-form drawing tool like the pencil in Paint.

Pin Tuul

But if you can get past the accent, it's a pretty good tutorial.

My fav New Zealand joke is about a Kiwi who was asked how many lovers he'd had in his life.
He was thinking hard, and started counting 1-2-3-4 but then he fell asleep.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back