Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be 3 or 4 changes, but it will be one.

Out: Rankine
In: Berry or Harry
No SANFL this week, so Nicks doesn't have much choice but to pick the same side again.

I mean, he could, but that's the excuse he'll roll out for picking the same old players who continually fail in the same ways each week.

Based exclusively on what happened in the 7 minutes after we got the lead late in the last quarter only to lose the match

Out: Rankine (injured), O'Brien, Jones, Keays, Laird, McHenry (sub)
In: Pedlar, Strachan, Curtin, Schoenberg, Dowling, Berry (sub)

Based exclusively on what happened in the 7 minutes after we got the lead late in the last quarter only to lose the match

Out: Rankine (injured), O'Brien, Jones, Keays, Laird, McHenry (sub)
In: Pedlar, Strachan, Curtin, Schoenberg, Dowling, Berry (sub)
Jones, Keays and Laird won't be dropped although maybe they should. The other 2 definitely.

You're picking an injured/recovering Pedlar?

Jones, Keays and Laird won't be dropped although maybe they should. The other 2 definitely.

You're picking an injured/recovering Pedlar?

Listed as 1-2 weeks away on the injury list early this week, if he's fit he's in

Also Jones was absolutely diabolical in the last part of the last quarter. He simply cannot survive

I was surprised we went in a defender short with Worrell out. I thought one of Borlase or Burgess would at least have been subs.

B- Hamill Butts Michlaney
HB- Hinge Keane Laird
C- Nankervis Crouch Jones
HF- Cook Walker Keayes
F- Rachele Fogarty Murphy
FOLL- ROB Dawson Soligo
I/C- Dowling, Berry, Himmleberg, Curtin
Sub- Schoenberg

I was surprised we went in a defender short with Worrell out. I thought one of Borlase or Burgess would at least have been subs.

The only player who kicked a goal over 191cm was McInnes. Nicks 100% made the right call by not having Burgess or Borlase in the side alongside Keane/Butts.

Nekminnit:

Out:
Rankine

In:
Berry (plus McHenry elevated into the 22)

Sub:
Cook

You know it’s coming. Just laugh and hope we lose to bring this shitshow coaching regime closer to the end.

Schoey to sub I reckon. Ned back into 22 for injured Rankine. Eagles at home is a great opportunity to build continuity credits and get some confidence back into a few plodders.

Pedlar - Available
Murray 1 Week still
Thilthorpe
Milera
PArnell
Rankine
Worrell

SANFL V Sturt Saturday
F O'Leary Strachan Gallagher
HF McHenry Burgess Boyle
C Smith Pedlar Jones
HB Ryan Madgen Sigal
B Davis Borlase Tahana
R O'Brien Edwards Taylor
I Clifford H Boyle Whimpress Smithson

AFL V West Coast Sunday
F Gollant Walker Dowling
HF Keays Fogarty Rachele
C Curtin Crouch Hinge
HB Nankervis Keane Michalanney
B Hamill Butts Laird
R Himmelberg Dawson Soligo
I Berry Murphy Cook Schoenberg
S Sholl

Same ins, but I'm taking out Murphy & McHenry instead of Crouch & Laird.

B: Michaelanny, Butts, Hamill
HB: Laird, Keane, Hinge
C: Sholl, Soligo, Nankervis
HF: Rachele, Walker, Keays
F: Cook, Himmelberg, Fogarty
R: Strachan, Dawson, Schoenberg
I: Ryan, Crouch, Curtin, Dowling
Sub: Berry
Murphy was our best forward, what’s your justification here?

People are forgetting that if we win the next 3 as we should then we go back into finals contention. No, it doesn't matter whether you think it'll happen, but at 6-6-1, you've got a chance and Nicks will try to extract the maximum. Don't give yourself hope that the club has foresaken theirs for 2024

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy was our best forward, what’s your justification here?
Need to pick younger players with an upside as our season is cooked.

Hard to believe we are heading into round 11, sitting 5th to bottom, yet we have only tried one new player, a player we subbed out in both his games. Hell, we still have players from the 22 draft that we've yet to see.

Make no mistake about it Nicks truly believes players suck as Keays, Jones, McHenry, Sholl, Murphy and O'Brien will take us to a premiership. Dangerously deluded coach.

You know the biggest problem now, most at the club still believing that we need to keep our 23 consistent to give us the best chance of making finals.

They still think making finals is important right now.

“We nearly beat Collingwood … at the MCG!!!”

We should be developing our list at every opportunity. At our current position in the win-loss … just let it go.

This coach is going to be thought of at the bottom of the basket with coaches like Ayres and Sanderson towering over him.

Play the talent. Let’s see it.

The next three games are against the 16, 15, 16 ranked teams.

Rest Tex. Drop some baggage like Murphy, McHenry, Jones, Smith, ROB.

Please stop playing Laird in the middle.

Matthew, you have no chance of keeping your job if you keep pretending we are a finals level team… you cannot finish 12th playing the same old worn out players and claim to be coaching well.

Do the opposite. Say it out loud. We have a long way to go. We need to find who on our list has got it, clear out those we know so not.

List management should be our only key performance indicator.

Ps - How do we play Murphy in our 22 for a full game when he started with his knee so strapped up he looked like a rehab patient? I mean, he is starting from a low base when he’s 100% fit!!

The club will continue to go nowhere while the following players are routinely playing:

Smith
Laird
McHenry
Jones

Finding a better ruckman would be nice too, but the fact is that rucks don’t influence results anymore as much as most other players do.

Smith at half back is just not getting it done. Shanks his kicks, and even when he doesn’t, he routinely kicks to 1 on 2s. Also can’t defend. Replace with Ryan or Curtin depending on matchups.

Laird - where do i start. Slow. Can’t kick. Makes horrendous decisions by hand and foot. Trails his man to the ball. Racks up absolutely useless touches. Cannot co-exist with Crouch. Crouch has cleaner hands and makes far better decisions. Bye. Replace with Berry or Taylor.

McHenry is just awful at football. Nobody could possibly counter that argument so I won’t bother expanding. Replace with Taylor or Pedlar (once Pedlar fit).

Jones - fk me dead. Horrible decision maker. Great tackler. Just doesn’t have any other points of difference. Playing him on a wing is mind boggling. Has zero traits that you’d want in a wingman. Creates virtually no scores. Back pocket or out of the team. Replace with Dowling.

Make those changes and blind Freddy can see we’d be better off now, in the near future and in the long run. But they won’t. And that’s why we lose close games.
It’s so frustrating as a supporter but we are constantly losing it at selection.
Nicks continues to select guys that let the team down with poor skills, decision making, and composure. Ned, Laird, Smith, Jones, and Rob are the biggest culprits.
I’m sick of some saying that there’s no one to come in. It’s time to see how some in the 2’s can hold up. We can’t just blindly keep selecting these guys while these results keep repeating themselves.

You know the biggest problem now, most at the club still believing that we need to keep our 23 consistent to give us the best chance of making finals.

They still think making finals is important right now.

“We nearly beat Collingwood … at the MCG!!!”

We should be developing our list at every opportunity. At our current position in the win-loss … just let it go.

This coach is going to be thought of at the bottom of the basket with coaches like Ayres and Sanderson towering over him.

Play the talent. Let’s see it.

The next three games are against the 16, 15, 16 ranked teams.

Rest Tex. Drop some baggage like Murphy, McHenry, Jones, Smith, ROB.

Please stop playing Laird in the middle.

Matthew, you have no chance of keeping your job if you keep pretending we are a finals level team… you cannot finish 12th playing the same old worn out players and claim to be coaching well.

Do the opposite. Say it out loud. We have a long way to go. We need to find who on our list has got it, clear out those we know so not.

List management should be our only key performance indicator.

Ps - How do we play Murphy in our 22 for a full game when he started with his knee so strapped up he looked like a rehab patient? I mean, he is starting from a low base when he’s 100% fit!!
I like this post. It has a lot of truths

Until you realise its Nicks AND the AFC you are talking about

We will use the next 3 weeks to (hopefully) boost percentage and keep CrowToon happy by having mathematical chances

Developments if for noobs and SANFL

The club philosophy along with Nicks is if you havent developed in the SANFL then you wont play AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back