Analysis Rank the speed of our players

Remove this Banner Ad

ooo oooo me! me! I can answer that….because i heard with my own ears, one Patrick Dangerfield state this at a fans and players breakfast in Brisbane. He also said Jenkins was one off the quickest of the mark….and then bragged about himself - on purpose for humour.
is this the "over 100m" quote?

'Speed' needs to be more specific, key position players won't need high sprint speed so they work on acceleration. Whilst wingers may not need acceleration as much as they do sprint speed.

Players like tex can't be called slow, unless you compare them to players in their position

what 100m quote?
somewhere someone was saying that in training Henderson is the only guy that can go with Dangerfield in the sprints.

I've maintained that that doesn't necessarily translate to pace in matches, and Hendo certainly doesn't play a fast game when he has the ball.

somewhere someone was saying that in training Henderson is the only guy that can go with Dangerfield in the sprints.

I've maintained that that doesn't necessarily translate to pace in matches, and Hendo certainly doesn't play a fast game when he has the ball.
Oh I get you. I don't know what distance danger was referring to but I think Hendo is exceptionally quick on his feet. This might not flow as to how quickly he uses the ball, but one on one chasing down a runaway ball e.g., or breaking off half back, he's quicker than most.

There's different kinds of speed. Danger is more explosive and has more acceleration but at top speed Henderson can probably match him. The problem is Hendo rarely gets enough space to truly put the peddle down. Danger on the other hand is a freak who only needs a couple of steps and he's at top speed.

There's different kinds of speed. Danger is more explosive and has more acceleration but at top speed Henderson can probably match him. The problem is Hendo rarely gets enough space to truly put the peddle down. Danger on the other hand is a freak who only needs a couple of steps and he's at top speed.
Actually, I don't think so.

Danger is a complete freak. It's one reason we should pay him what he wants. He's insanely fast of the mark (acceleration) and his top speed is also up there in the stratosphere. You rarely see that. Couple it with power, strength, good skills. He's a freak.

I'd say he beats Hendo in both areas. Hendo is still very good IMO definately has weapons there. But Danger, geez.

Any list that doesn't have Brown as genuinely quick hasn't had enough thought put into it. He plays on some of the fastest players in the AFL and has never looked slow and he is always in the top few when the club releases results from the pre-season sprint tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back