Opinion Ranking the Rioli's (who have played AFL).

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
The 6 Rioli's who have played AFL are;

Maurice Rioli snr(1957–2010): Richmond (1982–1987)
images (23) (12).jpeg
Maurice snr on left with boxer Graeme 'Porky' Brooke.

Dean Rioli (born 1978): Essendon (1999–2006)
images (23) (16).jpeg

Cyril Rioli (born 1989): Hawthorn (2008–2018)
images (23) (17).jpeg

Daniel Rioli (born 1997): Richmond (2016–)

Junior (Willie) Rioli (born 1995): West Coast (2018–2022), Port Adelaide (2023–)

Maurice Rioli Jr (born 2002): Richmond (2021–)
images (23) (13).jpeg
Maurice jnr, Junior, Daniel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5- Maurice snr, although dont Remember much but reputation has him on top.
4- Cyril
3- Dean
2- Daniel
1- Willie

People putting Daniel ahead of Dean, wtf? I hate everything about Essendon but even I find this ridiculous, Dean was a freak.
It might be because of the following reasons

Dean Rioli

Daniel Rioli
AFL
Richmond

I rate Cyril slightly higher than Maurice at VFL/AFL level. Maurice was a sublime footballer for sure but Cyril was more influential on the big stage. While Maurice has a Norm Smith to his name it wasn’t a dominant, obvious choice on the day whereas Cyril has numerous finals and big games marked by game-changing performances/moments.

I rate Cyril slightly higher than Maurice at VFL/AFL level. Maurice was a sublime footballer for sure but Cyril was more influential on the big stage. While Maurice has a Norm Smith to his name it wasn’t a dominant, obvious choice on the day whereas Cyril has numerous finals and big games marked by game-changing performances/moments.
Cyril is certainly a great player but dont forget Maurice played 120 odd games with STh Fremantle before his VFL career where he carved it up when back in the day the wafl was in its heyday and a fantastic comp. Also his SOO career for WA was amazing. i saw him play for South Freo and he was untouchable. I reckon if those 120 WAFL games were converted into VFL he would be neck and neck with CYril.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back