Rating the rooks

Remove this Banner Ad

Webb will be a 250 games player ( luke Hodge)
McLean will change the way people start recruiting (Rodcliff)
Cordy will just fit in do his job will come in round 12 and stay forever 250 gamer
Daniel will surprise at first then plateau
Dale is the dark horse fast smart and skilful the perfect wing man in this age of fast moving football..not sure on games
Roarke reminds me of the back flanker at Sydney who fell through our fingers again very high chance he could make it
Boyd is the biggest pick up in our History and will be a champion of the game he will surprise everyone when he goes into the ruck in 2016-17 :)
Hamilton is going g to be our Blake Carecella you need these guys to win premierships

How many of our first year players will debut this season (not including preseason), you think? For mine, think Daniel will get first crack.

Wouldn't mind seeing whether Webb can mix it with the big boys as well.

I'll have a stab...

T Boyd 16 games
McLean 4
Webb 2
Hamilton 0
Dale 0
Daniel 7
Cordy 8
Hamling 6
Jong 12
Redpath 8

Rookie list:
Kelly 0
R Smith 0
Goodes 4
Pearce 3

I'll have a stab...

T Boyd 16 games
McLean 4
Webb 2
Hamilton 0
Dale 0
Daniel 7
Cordy 8
Hamling 6
Jong 12
Redpath 8

Rookie list:
Kelly 0
R Smith 0
Goodes 4
Pearce 3
Jong is an interesting one. Powerfully built and his 0-20metres is lightning. Just see how forgiving the coaching staff are with his poor disposal at AFL level.

He may well be the only midfielder to get a couple of chances.

Of the Rookies, Goodes is obviously there as coverage for M Boyd and Libba as a mature bodied inside midfielder - at least I hope he is. Dreadful off half back and not his position.

Not sure any of the other Rookies will crack it for one this year, save for some injuries.

You forgot my man Shane Biggs, he is in for a big one.
22 games, Brownlow, Sutton, All Australian, MVP and
all round nice guy.
Haha, I had a feeling I'd left out someone.

I'm not as upbeat as you, but could see him playing maybe 8 games.

JMO -

1. Daniel (reckon he will be boom or bust and delisted in a few years, going to go for boom, If it wasn't or his height he would of been a top 5 pick)
2. McLean (think he will be a best 22 player and fill one of our forward pockets for the next 10+ years, not a star but a 200 game/B grade player)
3. Cordy (role player, someone who takes the third tall - pretty amazing get for pick #62)
4. Webb (wasn't a huge fan from what i saw, might play 20-50 games then get delisted)
5. Hamilton (won't make it, <20 games then delisted)
6. Dale (won't make it, <20 games then delisted)

Would be stoked if 3/6 make it as best 22 players considering they were all picks from #26 - #62)

JMO -

1. Daniel (reckon he will be boom or bust and delisted in a few years, going to go for boom, If it wasn't or his height he would of been a top 5 pick)
2. McLean (think he will be a best 22 player and fill one of our forward pockets for the next 10+ years, not a star but a 200 game/B grade player)
3. Cordy (role player, someone who takes the third tall - pretty amazing get for pick #62)
4. Webb (wasn't a huge fan from what i saw, might play 20-50 games then get delisted)
5. Hamilton (won't make it, <20 games then delisted)
6. Dale (won't make it, <20 games then delisted)

Would be stoked if 3/6 make it as best 22 players considering they were all picks from #26 - #62)

WOW

Have you seen Dale play? I saw a game last year where he looked like Rioli fast smart and kicks it 65..

Webb is the one boys,will struggle at first with all the running but when he gets it BANG.
McLean was the stand out in TAC all year a freak footballer and will play 200+
Daniel is the hard one kids got the lot -but small lets see
Cordy will surprise everyone he will be our Fletcher(Bombers)
Hamilton is again going to surprise talent to burn and never turns it over

WOW

Have you seen Dale play? I saw a game last year where he looked like Rioli fast smart and kicks it 65..

Webb is the one boys,will struggle at first with all the running but when he gets it BANG.
McLean was the stand out in TAC all year a freak footballer and will play 200+
Daniel is the hard one kids got the lot -but small lets see
Cordy will surprise everyone he will be our Fletcher(Bombers)
Hamilton is again going to surprise talent to burn and never turns it over

So all our draft picks in one year will be good?

Amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW

Based on only the flimsy evidence of some AFL highlights this guy moves like a Ferrari; he's quick, balanced and classy with ball in hand. The challenge for him will be to add enough meat on his bones to enable him to stand up to the rigours of AFL. Here's hoping!

Correct! DognBones ... as by your name you appear to you have an interest in anatomy, maybe you could pop down to the VUWO and help this lad work on his pipes?
My physique disqualifies me from advising anyone how to add muscle to a light frame. Leave that to the experts.

Based on only the flimsy evidence of some AFL highlights this guy moves like a Ferrari; he's quick, balanced and classy with ball in hand. The challenge for him will be to add enough meat on his bones to enable him to stand up to the rigours of AFL. Here's hoping!

Hey Bones, have a look at the list of greatest number of games played players for the league. The top echelon is littered with guys who look like they never discovered where the weights room was for their entire careers.

Athletes with true endurance are usually built like uncooked french fries.

Back on the main topic, I was pleased we took both CD and McLean, and think both will bring something different and special to the table.

I really have seen precious little of Webb yet, but will follow his development at Footscray with interest. Don't ask me why, I'm
not sure myself yet, but I just get a good feeling/vibe about him. Very young/early Ryan Griffin ???

How many of our first year players will debut this season (not including preseason), you think? For mine, think Daniel will get first crack.

Wouldn't mind seeing whether Webb can mix it with the big boys as well.
I would like to see Webb get a crack this year as well.

In a way I see him as our most important draftee. He is the only one who looks to have the physique & skill set to become a big skilful mid to add to our rotations.

If he looks like he can fill that role on our list comfortably, it might be the difference between us taking a tall like Scache or Weed in the draft or trying to round out our midfield with someone like Parish or Tucker.

Obviously a whole lot of water to go under the bridge, but I feel like he could be a bit of a key.

I would like to see Webb get a crack this year as well.

In a way I see him as our most important draftee. He is the only one who looks to have the physique & skill set to become a big skilful mid to add to our rotations.

If he looks like he can fill that role on our list comfortably, it might be the difference between us taking a tall like Scache or Weed in the draft or trying to round out our midfield with someone like Parish or Tucker.

Obviously a whole lot of water to go under the bridge, but I feel like he could be a bit of a key.
McLean will definitely end up with the profile to become a permanent rotating mid. He's spent a lot of time there as a junior and will end up the same size as players like Robbie gray, Luke Parker, Tom Rockliff. He's actually a really similar selection to all of those player. They picked themselves like Toby did and no one knows how they slipped. True footballers

I think we have too many other kids in years 1-3 (including trade-ins) that are still to establish themselves to worry about the new kids.

Hunter, Hrovat, Boyd Jnr, Biggs & Darley could all feasibly be in our best 22 by mid year (I'd be very surprised if the first 4 don't TBH).
Then there's Prudden & Jong who are unknown at this point, and even reports on Fuller upping his training load considerably after an injury-interrupted year in 2014.
Then we have Roberts & Talia who will play much more senior football this year.

The new kids will just have to work hard and bide their time - I'm expecting nothing from them this year except for developing at VFL level and working hard off the track.

McLean will definitely end up with the profile to become a permanent rotating mid. He's spent a lot of time there as a junior and will end up the same size as players like Robbie gray, Luke Parker, Tom Rockliff. He's actually a really similar selection to all of those player. They picked themselves like Toby did and no one knows how they slipped. True footballers
Hope you're right. He certainly could use a few more cm's in height & girth to really match it in the middle with the big guys.

It will be a nice bonus if a couple of these kids become good players

Hamilton and Webb look s**t should have taken wigg instead of Webb , McLean looks pretty good hopefully turns out as good as Jamie elliot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back