Autopsy Rd 1 Carlton v Port Rant Thread *trolls & lurking likers beware*

Remove this Banner Ad

Some underdone players no doubt, but most of all we saw more of the same mentally weak paniccy footy and fade-outs in concentration... lack of talk, awareness etc. And missing at goal.

Le Sigh.

Port are a good side, finished above us last year, so not a shock loss

Disappointing in some areas, how we allowed so many back to back goals was really shocking, two separate occasions they kicked 4 goals in less than 6 minutes

Judd was really missed in the middle, we went missing in the clearances for a while

Robinson though he was clearing balls in an FA cup final in the 89m mark, just kicking away blindly

Watson was just deplorable all night. So he can kick the ball a long way? Wow. What about body positioning, contested marking, spoiling and intensity - the kind of qualities you want in a KPD?

McInnes hasn't looked the same player since his knee.

Garlett pathetic.

Kreuzer and Warnock no aerial influence (sounds familiar).

Walker - lol.

Ellard, Curnow, Simpson, Jamison and Gibbs our better players on the night.

Gibbs not played through the middle as much as he should have. Left all the body work to Murphy.

Yarran and Garlett went missing too often. Hendo seemed underdone, and Walker was just pathetic. He could almost do with a few weeks off after that display.

Same old Same old....

No one wants to run both ways
No one wants to work for 4 quarters
No one wants to lead
No one wants to step up when needed.

We hold the sub every time to too late in games to make an impact/difference

This list as a whole is mentally & Physically the weakest in the comp.

We roll up and put in a great first quarter, we then serve up 3 s**t heap quarters........

Robinson, Theres no spot for a guy that just constantly kicks in hope, s**t disposal and decision making.

Murphy, Constantly giving it off when he should be doing the things himself, go watch your last quarter against Port in Rd 23 last year....produce that as a captain.

Warnock, he may tap well but the bloke is useless and lazy in all other areas.

Kreuzer, Runs under the ball, kicks are rushed......just don't see what others see.

Backline.....very ******** disappointing. Way too easily beaten, dont work hard enough. Barker he down there now is he? ooooook

* s**t start to the year, sorta expected 5 mins into the second, when will we ever turn the corner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm prepared to concede that Port might be a top 4 team, but even given that, for us to get so comprehensively beaten after leading at 3q time is pretty hard to swallow.
LOL. Port are not a top 4 team... not by a long way. We were just that poor.

I think the gun has been well and truly jumped..........It's Round 1............ Breathe people!

What we learned
We're not mAtch fit (part of butters plan??) too many players underdone (dasisy, Hendo, walks, McLean)
We looked slow....
We'reundisciplined
We s**t ourselves structure wise (keep Hendo in one spot, if Hendo goes back it makes watto/mcinnes redundant)

Positives (if I dare)
The skippers contested possession count
Yarran
Waite didn't get injured or reported (and is jumping)
Warnocks tap work (if only we could morph him and kruze together)

I have some concerns with out selected 22 tonight also

After a great start that was so dissapointing. We didn't win too many 1 on 1s and Port were far cleaner, took their chances and didn't make half as many dumb decisions. What really stood out for me is how easy Port waltzed the ball out the middle at the centre bounces.

Would like to see Cripps and Buckley get a game in Rd2.

that final against Sydney showed our weakness but we continue to do nothing to fix it
Mcginnes have no idea full stop
Yarran is soft
Garlett is softer
Robbo turns it over
Kruzer gives nothing should of traded him when we could to late now
Curnow ellard bell playing at the same time? all c graders
WAlker is not a backman
Malthouse is very pig headed
Still getting over mcveighs 20 possession qtr last year with no opponent
If 26 plays again I will not support them again

Realistic question when we recruited Juddy did it set us back with him being the one to lift us all the time? Because to me this s**t proves that too many of these soft Front running types have no friggin spine! As much as I like Murph he is too small to be a ball winning mid he needs to be running free to get handballs in space. We really need someone in the mold of a Dangerfield/Wines type midfielder. Because it seems to me that the 2(Robbo,Bell) hard nuts we have are very raw and not smooth enough with the footy. Why not try walker or touhy on the ball? they have that aggro and skill level that a Mundy/Dangerfield have.

I thought we learnt last year Warnock and Kruezar in the one side doesn't work. Murphy got out bodied and out played by a 2nd year player in Wines, Robbo is just too dumb, i don't think Watson is going to be the magic bullet we were all hoping he might be, Henderson was poor.

But throw in all of that, the most concerning part is no fresh players, port had 2 first gamers and we had none..

that final against Sydney showed our weakness but we continue to do nothing to fix it
Mcginnes have no idea full stop
Yarran is soft
Garlett is softer
Robbo turns it over
Kruzer gives nothing should of traded him when we could to late now
Curnow ellard bell playing at the same time? all c graders
WAlker is not a backman
Malthouse is very pig headed
Still getting over mcveighs 20 possession qtr last year with no opponent
If 26 plays again I will not support them again
Was one of our best tonight.

Also - Everitt needs to be playing an attacking role. Saw him playing in defence too often for my liking.....same goes for Henderson.

Simpson is an animal - one of my favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back