Game Day RD 12: West Coast v Collingwood, DOM SHEED PERPETUAL VICTORY ROUND

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undermanned.
3 no more game time injuries before half time.
Loss of Barrass before the game.
Even without that we entered the game with no choice but play non-match fit players who were never going to last a game. Even with a full bench.
All you had to do was look at Yeo after every effort in Q3. He could barely walk.
At 3/4 time the boys were on the canvas. Had no more to give.

Inevitable.
I would have called it that.

Undermanned.
3 no more game time injuries before half time.
Loss of Barrass before the game.
Even without that we entered the game with no choice but play non-match fit players who were never going to last a game. Even with a full bench.
All you had to do was look at Yeo after every effort in Q3. He could barely walk.
At 3/4 time the boys were on the canvas. Had no more to give.

Inevitable.
I would have called it that.

So what was the excuse for the first quarter not showing up and allowing collingwood to establish that lead and remaining goalless?

So what was the excuse for the first quarter not showing up and allowing collingwood to establish that lead and remaining goalless?
Class prevailing.
A bit down on effort from us, them working at peak.
We upped in Q2, they dropped off a bit.
Fine margins.

The first quarter effort was not good enough, but it doesn't change the fact that a after all the effort of Q2 and Q3 we were going to fade given all the reasons stated.

I couldn't care less about the result in the last quarter. No one stuck up for Hewett. That s**t bothers me so damn much.

You can count me in on that too:

This and it's a sad reflection on the group.
Pissed me off no end seeing such a limp, impotent lack of character response.

The disappointing thing is that our bad players weren’t the young ones as you might expect
The positive is the same point. Hewit was a positive and a negative for balance. Showed a bit, we have a natural footballer..
Our spine is Barrass, Gov, Shuey, JD and Allen with training wheels on.
No a bad fight as it stands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Clark went to him at the start of the second

Yeah and basically made him self look like an idiot, the pies boys would of been laughing at him like who the hell are you , I tbh didn’t think there was to much malice in it and I think that’s why the senior guys didn’t respond it was probably just because who the victim was if it was gaff he wouldn’t of even got booed😂

Yeah and basically made him self look like an idiot, the pies boys would of been laughing at him like who the hell are you , I tbh didn’t think there was to much malice in it and I think that’s why the senior guys didn’t respond it was probably just because who the victim was if it was gaff he wouldn’t of even got booed😂
Shouldn’t need to be a lot of malice in it to remonstrate, particularly when it’s De Goey

M.Cox to be annoying. ✅
Mihocek to kick 4 goals. :crossmark: (kicked 3.2)
N.Daicos to get 40+ disposals. :crossmark: (had 30 & 3 goals)
Pendlebury to make us wonder what it would be like to have a player over 30 that doesn't fall off a cliff. ✅
Bobby Hill to make us reconsider the 2018 pick swap once again. ✅
Yeo to be angry. ✅
Gaff to be depressing. ✅
Allen to be a beacon. ✅

To be honest I'm expecting a much closer match than most will be expecting. Sheed and Yeo have games under their belt since returning and will play more onball minutes today. 🤷‍♂️ (63 points isn't any closer, but it was down to less than 2 kicks during the third quarter)

Collingwood are also travelling for just the fourth time this year:
  • they lost against Brisbane at the Gabba by 33 points
  • defeated Adelaide by 1 point at Adelaide Oval in a match they should have lost by multiple goals if the Crows had kicked straight
  • defeated St Kilda by 6 points at Adelaide Oval in a match where the Saints kicked 3.6 in the last quarter

Conversely, West Coast have back-to-back home matches for the first time this season since Round 4.

Not suggesting there will be an upset, but we may (hopefully) see a more competitive display today than what has been witnessed recently. ✅

Not a bad set of predictions in the end.

Autopsy here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back