Autopsy Rd 21: Freo go down in a close one

Remove this Banner Ad

Horribly dissappointing finish..

Just wanted to mention some positives here.

I want to remind everyone that we're managing all this without Darcy. Credit to Dogga for stepping up. His contribution and value to the club can not be overstated.

* Treacey becoming a forward 50 beast and super team player.

* Young showing some incredible talent and versatility in his tagging role.

* Wags has been an excellent addition and is best 22 marterial.

* Freddy's brilliance continues becoming a frequent thing now.

* Shoota is a fighter/champion and exhibiting his versatility.

* Sturt - Proving himself. I'm so happy we've perservered with him, well-worth it.

* Amiss, once in a generation player, 20 year old on an eight-year contract - enough said.

To those that are lamenting "where has this been all season"? - Most of the time it will take a while for a fresh squad to click and become comfortable.

The belief this squad will have if they keep this up for the remainder of the season will build so much confidence and hunger going into the pre-season and beyond.

God I love Freo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player and young leader is Serong, but he just too often slams the ball onto the boot. Knew he would do that just before he picked up the ball.

I’ve been hoping we win a few more games to push up the first pick Melbourne have but to be honest whether it is 5 or 6 makes little difference at the end of the day.

Painful result, given we should've won, but overall pleased with that performance.

Wanted the boys to show something and the kids to get me excited, which I believe delivered

Heaps of positives and overall a game which we should be pleased with

+

Young looks good in the midfield
Wagner played well again and takes the game on
Jackson was excellent for most of the game
Schultz, Switta, Freddy and Sturt looked dangerous

-

They rebound the ball too easily
We're too slow on the rebound
Don't understand what Aish brings
Henry played another meh game with no impact

Happy with the effort, we lost our cool at the end with some of those disposals. We'll smash the eagles if we play like this.

Pos
I think that's Henry best game, I'm fine with a few spud ups
Jackson was everywhere in the 1st half
Young should never play HB again
Sturt and Amiss, even Corbett had his moment

Neg
Serong was so wasteful and it cost us the game
Erasmus also poor
Pearce was OK but still had a costly stuff up
Aish was an inanimate carbon rod

All season we have heard that our midfield isn’t good enough and once we fix that we will be fine, the issue isn’t so much in the attack, etc etc.
Well today out midfield was great. But guess what?
Turns out we dont have enough class in the forward third of the ground still.
That is what cost us that game. End of story.
Relying on some worldies from Sturt and Frederick to keep us in it after Corbett amiss and Switta butchered easy chance after easy chance after easy chance. It’s absolutely soul destroying stuff that.
Schultz battled honestly as always but butchering some crucial inside 50s late in the game. Switta is suck a Jekyll and Hyde player. Awesome in broken play and can break the game open like few others, but is an absolute hack kicking for goal.
So frustrating to lose that game to a pretty average side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back