Autopsy Rd 22 Dispirited and disinterested. Blues annihilated

Who played well for the Blues vs Port in Round 22?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Give Kennedy a 3 yr deal asap

That would be very stupid. He has played enough for another year but nothing to show 3 years.

FFS we need to rewarding one good performance and label players well above their station.

He has the ability to be a B grade mid. He needs to show it consistently for 12 months before he gets anymore than 12 months.

Your logic is how we have players like McGovern, Williams etc

and FYI Kennedy is in my handful of favourites because he goes in hard.

That game had nothing to do with depth.

Kemp and Durdin looked at the level. We were 23 points up at one stage, then collapsed.

That is on Teague and the rest of the coaching group.
We were 23 up as Adelaide were going at 40% by foot with limited pressure -- then they upped the pressure and the efficiency improved that was the end -- it has been this way most of the year .. it's not all coaching we need to move some guys on that skill level really drops off when physical pressure or the tempo of the game lifts -- some its tempo some it physical some it's both -- until the club honestly assessed the players they have we will not improve -- this year we have a chance as a lot of fringe are out of contract ..

I get the distinct impression the playing group aren’t big fans of Murphy and in the context of losing his final game by almost 100 points probably struggled to feign some enthusiasm towards him.

True or not he's been a constant and a leader in the worst part of our club's history bar a blip around 2011.
He may not have created the broken culture but he's never been one to fix it.

I've not been a fan of his leadership as captain or after handing it over but he was an incredible player before injuries took the toll.

We are not alone. It's the most bipolar season of all time. Since the bye, never before have so many hot favourites lost. Many teams are struggling mentally. Saints supporters have had the biggest roller coaster ride of all time. The premiers didn't even make the 8 and with less injuries than us.

Very impressive quarter & half, then similar to many games we can get over run over in a blink of a eye.

There is plenty of talent. Things will work out very soon. Changes will be made. Player's talent will be realised. We will have great times ahead. Days like this will make us more appreciative.

I’m wondering also whether Saad was upset with himself for retaliating against the Port player that clipped him earlier.

Either way, the guy clearly has some values and holds himself accountable to them.

Was promised a hell of a lot more than we’ve given him and he just keeps rocking up and competing.

That would be very stupid. He has played enough for another year but nothing to show 3 years.

FFS we need to rewarding one good performance and label players well above their station.

He has the ability to be a B grade mid. He needs to show it consistently for 12 months before he gets anymore than 12 months.

Aside from Walsh, he’s been our best most consistent player for the past 10 games.
Whats worse, a 3 yr deal for him or 6 for Cripps?

We were 23 up as Adelaide were going at 40% by foot with limited pressure -- then they upped the pressure and the efficiency improved that was the end -- it has been this way most of the year .. it's not all coaching we need to move some guys on that skill level really drops off when physical pressure or the tempo of the game lifts -- some its tempo some it physical some it's both -- until the club honestly assessed the players they have we will not improve -- this year we have a chance as a lot of fringe are out of contract ..

The reason their DE was so low was because we were bringing pressure.

They were rattled in the early part of the game until the momentum swung and did not stop.

If I'm not mistaken, he is an unrestricted free agent whenever he is out of contract, because we delisted him.

If we only offer him one year and he continues to play like this, we could lose him next year for nothing.

We might even lose him this year for nothing.

Someone please correct me, if I'm wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from Walsh, he’s been our best most consistent player for the past 10 games.
Whats worse, a 3 yr deal for him or 6 for Cripps?

We did something bad over here so lets make another mistake that may be slightly less bad?

He has a good patch agreed. As you note for 10 games. But 3 years to a player with an injury history - 6th year played 59 games. Absolute madness.

You give 3 year contracts to players that other clubs would be targeting for that length of tenure. No club would give Kennedy 3 years today.

If plays 2022 like the last 10 games I would give him 2-3 years. But now? Would be continuing the crazy list management decisions of the past two decades.

We need to demand better as supporters. No wonder the Club does such silly things when our own supporter base advocates it.

If I'm not mistaken, he is an unrestricted free agent whenever he is out of contract, because we delisted him.

If we only offer him one year and he continues to play like this, we could lose him next year for nothing.

We might even lose him this year for nothing.

Someone please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Then lose him. If he wants to go there is the door. He does not deserve 3 years so you don't give it to him.

You don't build success and a good culture overnight. It involves making hard decisions. Set boundaries.

have an honest discussion - if you do XYZ in 2022 you get 3 years. If that isn't good enough for you there is the door and thanks for your service

The reason their DE was so low was because we were bringing pressure.

They were rattled in the early part of the game until the momentum swung and did not stop.
Yes there pressure was Low and they were losing at the contest -- we go well when the other side don't bring heat -- once the other side evens up at the contest we have certain players that can't match and there skills and game sense go out the window ..

Then lose him. If he wants to go there is the door. He does not deserve 3 years so you don't give it to him.

You don't build success and a good culture overnight. It involves making hard decisions. Set boundaries.

have an honest discussion - if you do XYZ in 2022 you get 3 years. If that isn't good enough for you there is the door and thanks for your service
There are definitely players on the list that deserve that sort of treatment, not sure Kennedy is one of them.

But, I see where you're coming from.

There are definitely players on the list that deserve that sort of treatment, not sure Kennedy is one of them.

But, I see where you're coming from.

As someone that runs a reasonably large organisation (2,500+ staff) you get buy in from people based on the tough decisions you make. How can you expect others to do the hard things if you yourself won't have the difficult conversations or make tough decisions as a leader?

He’s currently our 2nd best mid behind Walsh.
We’ve seen what a consistent run of games, in his correct position, has produced.
We’re thin on the ground for players with his competitive streak.
I’d give him 3, don’t really care for your opinion.

Back