Preview Rd 23, 2014 - Geelong vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No excuses for not putting in a competitive performance this week. Final game of the year and lots of young players who should be eager to prove themselves(Bourke, O'Brien, Paine ect.). Geelong are also resting a few quality players.

Great to see O'Brien rewarded for consistent reserves form and even better to see Bourkey make his debut and get a taste of senior action. It is also nice to see Paine get another crack and Leuy return from his injury.

I am excited to see how Martin, Rockliff, Hanley, and Zorko shape up against the Cats midfield. It will be interesting to see how Martin and Leuenberger co-exist as well.

Final game of the year! Get pumped guys! Go Lions!

Should also add that Paine's impressed me the past few games. He doesn't always get reward for his effort, but coming off a very low fitness base pre-season he's worked his way into the year. Bloody tough assignment up against the Cats defenders though. Good luck to him!

Should also add that Paine's impressed me the past few games. He doesn't always get reward for his effort, but coming off a very low fitness base pre-season he's worked his way into the year. Bloody tough assignment up against the Cats defenders though. Good luck to him!
If only the TV microphones could pick up his screaming for the ball.

If only the TV microphones could pick up his screaming for the ball.
What makes you think they won't? If not, the sound may just carry to Brissy anyway, especially if the wind is right.

Patfull and Gardiner both have the ability to play on smalls. Jordan Bourke does to.
While that's true I think our backline is too tall and slow, but unfortunately we don't have any small-to-mid quick defenders beating the door down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great move on Bourke - let's show him what takes to prep him for a big pre-season.

Leppa's had a good look at everything in true rebuild form.

Personally I think this move has been long overdue, but there is a very different environment being provided to our new Señor Coach.

Lions by 11 points.

Go you, blynd_freddie!

Voss was saying on SEN last week the board set the KPI for last year at 14 wins - looks like you have me in a similar corner... or is that a typo? 11 points? You negative northy!

Really excited to see the Leuey & Martin combo, could be the beginning of something ominous for the Lions.
10 debutants! Whoa! Well done Bourke for earning your spot, makes it even more special that it's against Geelong :thumbsu:

Also, last game EVER with the paddlepop! Anyone else excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back