Autopsy Rd 23, 2014 - Geelong vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow that season flew by. I still remember our final game against Geelong last year. It was a sad year in many ways losing Browny and Ash, our final premiership heroes.

Anyway Green popped up for 3 goals tonight which was good. I liked the look of Bourkey's game as well. He could be a Patfull replacement.

Real good signs from this year. Thought tonight we tried hard all night, boys never gave up. Bourke, O'Brien and Lester came in and did their job really well. Young legs couldn't sustain the effort throughout the night. Get a big pre-season into the youngsters and get Rich, Redden, Rockliff, Zorko, Dayne Beams back and we'll be right. Go Lions!

Martin and Leuey - it'll work.

I love the way we play. Our execution is not super slick yet but man, it's exciting to watch when it comes off.

Fantastic effort tonight - I thought we were a lot closer than the score indicated.

Martin gets a lot of the ball but I thought tonight was his poorest game he has played since his 'comeback'. He is 100kgs+ yet seagulls on the outside most of the time. It's a new position for him to master and needs to learn a lot before next year. I hope he is given an extended run as the ruckman come midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's had a s**t season but I still think Golby's a key part of our future. Also, * Joel Selwood, the ******* squib. Bourke didn't look out of place. Zac O'Brien must have a heart the size of the mountain, but my god does he butcher the pill sometimes.

Our ruck combo won the taps 51 to 23. Re-inject our A-grade midfield and they could be something special.

Also great to see Leuey have enough confidence in his body to lay 6 tackles - the most of any Lion tonight.

I thought Banfield did great, Lester looks a bit different and really excited about the Cats, Geelong and how they will go in Finals and what their players eat for dinner.
What did they say about Banfield? Missed it thankfully, otherwise I may have thrown my remote through the tv screen.

de-0204-449085-front.jpg

Leuey 36 hit outs. :thumbsu:

Stef. 45% disposal efficiency. :thumbsdown:

So happy to see luey back, he hasn't missed a beat.

I think Green has been one of our best and most consistent this year. A very very good season. You would have to think he will poll well in the b&f

I can see clearly now the paddlepop is gone.

It's gonna be a bright, bright sun shining 2015.

ZOB can play, Aish and Taylor are stars of the future and we have the best ruck combo in the AFL.

Still need to find that Key Forward, and need to lure Dayne Beams to complete the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back