Autopsy Rd 7 Carlton v GWS Post Match Discussion/Rant/Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

John Barker likes this post.

He has now stuffed up our backline for good measure.

Coach shuffle required.

#Barker4midfield

Hey, you know if Mick loses his job Barker is the nominated one doing the appropriate required coaching course. He could coach out the season.

A caretaker coach has to come from within the club....you nominate someone that can do it that is going to be better than Mick...

FFS, we dropped all the kids and brought in the senior guys because we wanted to try and win this game.

Did you see the result?
Against a team that finished 17th last year, we had the following against us:

78-32 inside 50s.
40-12 scoring shots

Now I don't know about anyone else, but heck, I don't thtink any coach could do worse than the above stats.
It is clear MM has lost the players, as long as he is coach the players won't try and the attendances will keep going down because none of us want to spend money watching players that won't try on the field.

Now that is the right question the club needs to asking itself over the next 6 months ... if not earlier !!!

Which ever the way the club goes, the supporters have to be realistically expecting a hell of lot more games like today, before we are competitive again. But as someone pointed, the seeds for this season piss poor showing haven't just been sowed recently. Its been in the making for nearly 8 or 9 years now.

Sorry to go over old ground but below is a stark reminder that you need more than just three No. 1 draft picks to lay the foundation of long term success and why it is so critically important for Son of Serge to get the next 3 or 4 drafts right and create a squad that has a depth of talent and not just a handful of talented players.

2011 AFL National Draft
Pick No. 22 - Josh Bootsma
Pick No.44 – Sam Rowe

2010 AFL National Draft
Pick No. 18 – Matthew Watson
Pick No. 34 - Patrick McCarthy
Pick No. 42 – Luke Mitchell
Pick No. 67 – Andrew McInnes
Pick No. 99 David Ellard
Pick No.108 Simon White

2009 AFL National Draft
Pick No. 12 – Kane Lucas
Pick No. 43 – Marcus Davies
Pick No. 59 – Rohan Kerr
Pick No. 83 Aaron Joseph

2008 AFL National Draft
Pick No. 8 Chris Yarran
Pick No. 40 Mitch Robinson
Pick No. 65 – Rhys O'Keeffe
Pick No. 80 - Caleb Tiller

2007 AFL National Draft
Pick No. 1 – Matthew Kreuzer
Pick No. 36 – Steven Browne

2006 AFL National Draft
Pick No. 1 – Bryce Gibbs
Pick No. 17 Shaun Hampson
Pick No. 19 – Shaun Grigg
Pick No. 35 – Mark Austin
Pick No. 51 – Clint Benjamin
Pick No. 67 – Joe Anderson

That lists makes me cry. And we gave them all way too long on our list to prove themselves. As I said earlier there is your today's 12 goal loss right there in that list. Hey but let's blame the current players and the coaching staff of today. It doesn't seem to make much difference to a large chunk on here really showing short sightedness in their frustration.

Who is the tea lady these days? Or if she is not available are there any of the Carlton Bluebirds with qualifications?

I think we're at the point where, if Mick decided to walk out or he got sacked...our best option would actually be to make Judd playing coach. Whiley would go with Mick, Barker is a chump, Laidley doesn't want to be head coach, Green doesn't even deserve to be in any leadership position. We've got no REAL options...

I think we lost because the other team ran faster, kicked better and had better overall skills across the paddock - they were all mostly bigger. GWS is a well drilled side with heaps of talent - just starting to gell and bloom.

We are a slow rotting, festering outcome of over a decade of mismanagement at every level. It will take time to fix things. We are going to lose a lot of members from here...

Sad stuff really.

We certainly provided some excellent advertising for all those players we're supposedly looking to poach from GWS...
Not sure who you're eyeing off, but damn if Jacksh isn't living up to his hype/potential for you blokes. He's been poor. But capable of great things. I thought he was the next Harry Taylor

FFS, we dropped all the kids and brought in the senior guys because we wanted to try and win this game.

Did you see the result?
Against a team that finished 17th last year, we had the following against us:

78-32 inside 50s.
40-12 scoring shots

Now I don't know about anyone else, but heck, I don't thtink any coach could do worse than the above stats.
It is clear MM has lost the players, as long as he is coach the players won't try and the attendances will keep going down because none of us want to spend money watching players that won't try on the field.

I don't disagree....Mick is a dead man walking...but you can't cull someone if there is no one willing to fill the void.

I want to know where we are.... Are we tanking: using a horrible game plan OR are we legit this bad?

If there is no secret agenda to get the first pick then Malthouse should be out the door 9am Monday. But if board, recruitment and coaching staff are aiming at next year already by implementing devious game-plan and match-committee selections, well then I'm happy to be patient...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That lists makes me cry. And we gave them all way too long on our list to prove themselves. As I said earlier there is your today's 12 goal loss right there in that list. Hey but let's blame the current players and the coaching staff of today. It doesn't seem to make much difference to a large chunk on here really showing short sightedness in their frustration.

It's one problem and it doesn't exonerate the rest of the problems.

3 years is long enough to recognise a problem and deal with it.

8 players from tonight played in that 2011 semi final, 12 on our current list played in that game. More played in that 2013 elimination final. These guys have gone backwards. Why?

Jones, Watson, Ellard, Warnock, Wood, Judd, Simpson, Carrazzo, Walker, Thomas, Armfield, Johnson need to leave at seasons end.

White, Tuohy & Curnow are on the border. Murphy and Gibbs dropped from the leadership group.

Yarran on the trade table.

Cripps, Docherty and Bell to stay.

BACK TO THE DRAFT!
If we left you in charge of the club... that would be our salary cap ****ed for the next 10 years... think before you post shit really!

This old fart took a team that was good enough to play final and completely ruined it in under 3 years.

He got rid of basically our entire forward line and left spuds like Watson and Jones.
He turned our midfield from one that used to be able to take the ball forward into one that doesn't even know how to kick the ball anymore.
He turned our strongest aspect, our defence, into one that is now the worst in the league.
He brought in Buttifant and destroyed our fitness.

Yep we didn't have much of a defensive aspect to our midfield before him, but under him we have lost any semblance of defence we ever had.

Sack the old fart now, give us supporters something to cling on to before we give up on our once proud club once and for all.

Here here!!! Couldn't have said it any better if I tried!!

So it's clear now.
We are a sh*t team that nobody (16,000!) wants to watch. Ageing Judd is our best yet again, which is an indictment on the other players, and Malthouse clearly has no ideas, which is an indictment on the club's decision making.
We are in dire dire straits.
Seriously, I would rather the club fold, than continue in this increasingly embarrassing vein. - If the powers that be can't make adult decisions that allow it to atleast be competitive, then why should it expect a significant continued fan support?
And this cr*p has been going on since before the turn of the century. Not good for a former 'powerhouse' club.
But no doubt some fan(atic) will now bob up and put me in my place, telling me the usual chestnuts such as 'You're a 'fair weather' supporter' and the usual gibberish about how the club's on the right track and so forth. Really? I'd like to see proof of that..

I am at a loss for words. I was expecting a shellacking to be honest, but not that.

As for luring a GWS gun to us at the end of the season...ho ho ****ing ho.

Its clear that nobody on Earth wants to play for us, especially the selected team.

Yep, the ranters will no doubt get their way. What concerns me is the baby will most likely be tossed out with the bathwater. Capable people will be sent packing as a result of the performance of the past admin. Whichever way we go, our playing list is still going to be sub standard for a number of years.

The ranters got their way on 30/8/2012.

GUILTY

227008-stephen-kernahan.jpg
Guilty of what perchance? Can you enlighten us as to what he is guilty over?

Mick: In awe of GWS, too much talent. We haven't got the manpower. Have to have unity.

Last thing I say when they run down the race 'play the game'. Some players are robotic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back