Game Day Rd8 - Tiggers at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayden Young is my new favourite player.

Sulking at its finest by Underwood
How confidently she said we were playing Essendon next week then double down on it immediately.

Like do you not prepare for these games or even do the bare minimum of having a spreadsheet with basic info Infront of you.

Christ takes 5 secs to pull your phone out and check.

Good win without getting out of second gear.

Nice to be able to keep some gas in the tank ahead of facing the Swans.

Still too much being done by too few at the moment.

Hayden Young is my new favourite player.

He just keeps adding strings to his bow.

Can mark, can win a hard ball, can kick off the left, can kick off the right, snags a clearance and a goal.

Definitely a midfielder from now on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the whistle was before the siren.
There was 2 seconds left at the ball up. Means there would've been less than one second between free kick whistle and siren going. Easy to confuse the two. We win either way but I know we would feel dirty if the same thing happened to us.

Pretty textbook and professional effort TBH.

• Johnson looks demonstrably more comfortable playing inside, so Fyfe as a high-impact sub may be a solid option we can go back to throughout the year depending on his fitness.
  • Know I belabour this point a bit, but Treacy is only 21 years old. Now that he's found the right combination of fitness and self-belief, the sky is the limit.
  • If Young can continue to reliably hit the scoreboard like that, the midfield suddenly looks a lot more balanced.
  • I've s**t on him a bit this year, but I thought Jaeger looked like a pretty solid counterpart for Sharp on the other wing.

Only genuine nits to pick were the goalkicking in the first and the forward entries in the third, but given we righted the ship in both cases there's really not a lot to complain about.

There was 2 seconds left at the ball up. Means there would've been less than one second between free kick whistle and siren going. Easy to confuse the two. We win either way but I know we would feel dirty if the same thing happened to us.
Why drop it on the ground instead of giving it to the umpire. 50 everyday of the week. I can't believe people are actually arguing that it was an easy mistake to make by the Richmond player.

Why drop it on the ground instead of giving it to the umpire. 50 everyday of the week. I can't believe people are actually arguing that it was an easy mistake to make by the Richmond player.
We don't lose anything from admitting it was a harsh call when I guarantee you most players on the ground didn't even realise a free kick had been paid in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back