RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I’ve been to a lot of country football, and Kyneton is by far the biggest I’ve seen, the Good Friday’s they used to play against gisborne would be a grand final crowd anywhere else, looking forward to heading there on Friday , if anyone needs a car park I suggest you get there at 9am
Barwon heads play round one over the Easter weekend while everyone is down there for the long weekend

I went one year never seen a country footy crowd like it

Is Chris Stewart injured or carrying something? I only caught the first half in there praccy match. But he really struggled to move.
Yes he is still a massive Frame and will cause damage. But he actually started look his age

Is Chris Stewart injured or carrying something? I only caught the first half in there praccy match. But he really struggled to move.
Yes he is still a massive Frame and will cause damage. But he actually started look his age

He was down a bit from the Craigieburn game, but then didn't really need to be either.

Tips for this round anyone?

KYNETON v woodend
lancefield v DIGGERS
macedon v RIDDELL
WALLAN
v romsey

Wallan and Romsey the toughest game for mine.

Kyneton, Diggers and Riddell all by 100+
Wallan by 40
If that’s a case then this league is in trouble as that’s not a great competition I’m sorry to say!! Is it money that separates the have from have not?? Or is juniors coming through and the economy!!

Just what seperates the top 4 from the rest Gremlim?? Is it purely $$$.

Think Wallan v Romsey will be close especially in good weather as Romsey a tall side.
How is that different from any other comp ? If anything the RDFL is a far more winnable competition, premierships have been spread the last 2 decades.

It’s a good comp, and everytime you try to put it down with an uneducated slap I’m going to call you out.

If that’s a case then this league is in trouble as that’s not a great competition I’m sorry to say!! Is it money that separates the have from have not?? Or is juniors coming through and the economy!!
I think the top 4 will be very even, Romsey a clear 5th, then a gap to the rest. Romsey capable of an upset along the way.
Woodend seemed to have thrown all their eggs (money) in the basket over the last 2 years.
This weeks draw just happens to pit the good vs the not so good. Won’t be like that every week I don’t think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lancefield beat Riddell 4 games ago, Woodend made the GF 1 game ago and Macedon pushed Riddell (who they play) to the last minute in their last encounter.

Will be some movement between seasons but not sure that sweeping statement is reality. The league is the closest it’s been in a very long time.

What’s happening at melton central’s ? Heard they are struggling for numbers ? Seem be just going nowhere
Do they need to make move to a weaker wrfl division soon

How is that different from any other comp ? If anything the RDFL is a far more winnable competition, premierships have been spread the last 2 decades.

It’s a good comp, and everytime you try to put it down with an uneducated slap I’m going to call you out.
Exactly.
Using the EDFL..
First beat second by around 50pts.
Second beat third by around 50pts.
It doesn't make it a crap comp.

What’s happening at melton central’s ? Heard they are struggling for numbers ? Seem be just going nowhere
Do they need to make move to a weaker wrfl division soon
Saw the first half against East Sunbury, Melton had some nice patches but there was a few players that doubled up (played parts of the twos). East not strong so they would definitely want a few A graders to come in if they want to be competitive.

Just what seperates the top 4 from the rest Gremlim?? Is it purely $$$.

Think Wallan v Romsey will be close especially in good weather as Romsey a tall side.
Romsey not a very tall side . Played most of last year without a genuine ruck .

2023:
Final five wasn’t locked in until the last round , and two finals decided by under a goal and one final went into extra time .
I would think the comp is reasonably healthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back