Re-Branding the Bulldogs .. West Melbourne or Footscray not Western

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree entirely. However after a poor season these empty vessels are controlling about 20% of the press coverage our club is getting.

We look like rabble. We had enough things not work on and off field this year. These imbeciles are causing more unnecessary damage.

Everyone deserves an opinion but the minority (I believe in this case) are making it tougher for the majority.

If we dont defuse their arguments the stupid lazy press run with it.

Then we...
Lose supporters.
Lose sponsorship opportunities.
Lose money.
Lose more support staff.
Lose more players.
Lose more games.

Continue to be on AFL life support. (ie their bitches)

Definitely continue to be losers.

Why?

Because a silent majority allowed a noisy minority run their pathetic loser agenda in a public forum.

Dont discuss it. We must bash their agenda out of existence.

Have any proof of that? I've barely heard it mentioned in the media.

I'm not greatly in favour of changing back, but don't like the way some people are dissing our tradition and the Footscray name.. Respecting our tradition has nothing to do with lack of success.

free-speech.jpg

:D
This thread has gone around in so many circles it's ridiculous.

For time time being I am finding it very amusing. I am glad we are still the Footscray Football Club and that the current board has seen fit to introduce a few initiatives that respect that fact.

You are just losers holding us back.
I'm confused Unny. First I'm a champion, now I'm a loser?:cool:
Also personal insults...tsk tsk. And come on, 'loser' is getting a bit old now it's like water off a ducks back. Surely a winner such as yourself can come up with something more original...Good work on not using bold or caps though.

So tell me my friend. How do you feel about the more recent push from our club towards embracing our history? Does the new jumper hurt your eyes? Do you have trouble sitting near the Footscray end? Do you even go to games as heaven forfend you may run into one of us dirty unwashed Footscray heathens...?

The walk on the moon was staged
Aliens live on Mars
Tony Abbott loves the Carbon tax

All above are lies and what is stated above are all lies

You make statements that are just totally not true,unless you can show me facts and Data( and please dont sent me a link of Sam Newman on the footy show interviewing some poor person in the mall) that the suburb is associated to losers please dont make that statement

I reckon it was very staged but back to the topic ... If the Western Bulldogs win next years flag will it be ...

1 Western Bulldog's first flag, or
2 Western Bulldog's second flag, or
2 Footscray's second flag ?

I think the answer is relevant to the question being asked

If we had won 10 more flags it would be a different story.
Collingwood has a history of success. We do not.
Collingwood has created most of the History 50 to 80 years ago. We did not.

The world has moved on. They can reap the benefits of their Successful history.

We can not.

Meanwhile. We are...
Missing 20,000 to 30,000 members.
Missing on sponsorship to the tune of 2 to 5 million per annum - minimum.
Missing out on 20,000 to 30,000 members out in the workforce potentially generating sponsorship opportunities.

We are the AFL's breeding ground and bitches. We have just enough money to go around.

GWS and Gold coast will have 4 flags between them in next 10 years.
Either of those teams will probably play off in 6 GF's. This will not leave much for the rest of the comp. Then you have us, Kangas etc at the end of the food line. We wont even get a look in.

Until we get more funds into the club we are cactus.

So associating ourselves to anything that hampers $1 of lost sponsorship opportunity is not to be considered.

Re-Branding the Western Bulldogs back to Footscray will cost us dollars.

I feel that I am a bit of a lone voice on this thread but just maybe if more supporters felt the way I have and do we wouldn't have such a pathetic history.

'If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten'

All change is good. Our history is tragic.

For all the Oprah Winfrey and Dr Phil Watches on this thread...
Nothing to do with self loathing.
Nothing to do with getting picked on as a kid.
Nothing to do with Aliens.

Maybe just maybe I want to see a team I have supported for over 50 years make it to a day GF?
Maybe I am sick of supporters on this thread that get terry eyed watching the Hyde street band come out and play at Etihad.
Maybe I am sick of most posters just talking about the players and coaches and have a total disregard and lack of understanding about that back office requirements to run a footy club now?

I want success. And we are not going to get it until we become ruthless.

UnCani, Well said. I agree to go back to the name Footscray would be a big step backwards

Don't you understand man, only people over the age of 35 could dare want the name to change back!!!!!!!
I'm only 19, and i'm ok with us changing our name back.
But hopefully still have Bulldogs somewhere in it.

Cannot believe no one picked you up on this, and cannot believe so many people are happy to let our history be ignored.
A lot of people just reconzie the AFL Premierships and not the VFA ones :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back