No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So on 3AW, Dwayne just suggested that next week some supporter group is organising some "cheer danger" event.

I missed some details, but I don't think the club was involved, but sounds pretty arrogant.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread (I have only skimmed through select pages in the 1261. Unopened sauce in the Cupboard, opened sauce in the fridge FWIW), but in this years draft I expect Mills, Hopper, Keays and quite possibly Kennedy and Hipwood to be bid on through the Academy Selections before our 1st selection. That puts our first pick back between 3 and 5 positions. If we were to finish 8th under the Academy Bidding system in place last year, we would be given pick 11 in the draft (If no Band 1 compensation picks were to fall before us). Under this years system, we finish with a pick between 14 and 16. Therefore, if Dangerfield was to leave and we were to accept Band 1 compensation for him, we would get a pick between 15 and 17. If Carlton and Brisbane were to somehow get Band 1 compensation picks for Kreuzer and Leuenberger, those picks drop further. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it isn't worth it for the club to accept AFL compensation for Dangerfield.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread (I have only skimmed through select pages in the 1261. Unopened sauce in the Cupboard, opened sauce in the fridge FWIW), but in this years draft I expect Mills, Hopper, Keays and quite possibly Kennedy and Hipwood to be bid on through the Academy Selections before our 1st selection. That puts our first pick back between 3 and 5 positions. If we were to finish 8th under the Academy Bidding system in place last year, we would be given pick 11 in the draft (If no Band 1 compensation picks were to fall before us). Under this years system, we finish with a pick between 14 and 16. Therefore, if Dangerfield was to leave and we were to accept Band 1 compensation for him, we would get a pick between 15 and 17. If Carlton and Brisbane were to somehow get Band 1 compensation picks for Kreuzer and Leuenberger, those picks drop further. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it isn't worth it for the club to accept AFL compensation for Dangerfield.
How does the academy push our pick back?

Jon Ralph with an update that Scharenberg certainly won't go to Adelaide and Treloar is heading to the Pies. His source? Collingwood.

Cheers for that keen insight, Jon.
He Tweeted that Kevin Bartlett had great mail and "think he might be right" yesterday about Treloar going to the Tigers. Is he bipolar?

How does the academy push our pick back?

If a club before us wishes to draft one of the Academy listed players, they place a bid. The Academy player's club then has to match the bid to then draft the player. A points value for each pick in the draft has been set under this new system, so Pick 1 has the most points, pick 2 the 2nd most, the 3rd pick the 3rd most points etc. The Academy club has to match the points on the Pick that was bid. The Academy club may need to pool the points together if their pick is lower than the rival club's bid. If they don't match the bid, the Academy player goes to the club that bid for him.
There are several highly rated Academy listed players in this draft that are in a drafting range at or above where our first pick will be. A few clubs above us will be bidding on these Academy players and the clubs connected to the Academy players (Sydney, GWS and Brisbane) will match the bids. The number of our live pick will remain the same (Or move forward 1 depending on what goes on in the Trade Period), but the number at which we pick at will drop. And our Band 1 compensation Pick will also drop if events go that way.

If a club before us wishes to draft one of the Academy listed players, they place a bid. The Academy player's club then has to match the bid to then draft the player. A points value for each pick in the draft has been set under this new system, so Pick 1 has the most points, pick 2 the 2nd most, the 3rd pick the 3rd most points etc. The Academy club has to match the points on the Pick that was bid. The Academy club may need to pool the points together if their pick is lower than the rival club's bid. If they don't match the bid, the Academy player goes to the club that bid for him.
There are several highly rated Academy listed players in this draft that are in a drafting range at or above where our first pick will be. A few clubs above us will be bidding on these Academy players and the clubs connected to the Academy players (Sydney, GWS and Brisbane) will match the bids. The number of our live pick will remain the same (Or move forward 1 depending on what goes on in the Trade Period), but the number at which we pick at will drop. And our Band 1 compensation Pick will also drop if events go that way.

If I am not mistaken that doesnt push back any draft picks. The club who has bid multiple picks selects the academy player with the first of their picks but essentially forfeits every other pick used in the package bid so they will appear as a pass on the draft board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can whinge about Jon Ralph all we like, still doesn't change the fact Danger still has not signed and still has not said anything about wanting to stay next year.

I think Danger will go and we will miss out on Aish and Scharenberg will stay at Collingwood.

We will be set back 3 years and Lyons and Crouch will be stuck behind the ageing Thompson.

We can whinge about Jon Ralph all we like, still doesn't change the fact Danger still has not signed and still has not said anything about wanting to stay next year.

I think Danger will go and we will miss out on Aish and Scharenberg will stay at Collingwood.

We will be set back 3 years and Lyons and Crouch will be stuck behind the ageing Thompson.

Question marks over B Crouch's foot doesn't help either!

I just got told Geelong offered Dangerfirld 1.5m per year for 5. With a bonus of 1m if they win a premiership.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt at the moment. But it would explain why some Vics are do confident he is gone.

Also explains why he's really thinking it over.

Let's see what happens.

I just got told Geelong offered Dangerfirld 1.5m per year for 5. With a bonus of 1m if they win a premiership.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt at the moment. But it would explain why some Vics are do confident he is gone.

Also explains why he's really thinking it over.

Let's see what happens.

Bonus to one player if they win a premiership? Lol

Bonus to one player if they win a premiership? Lol

Every player would have finals and premiership bonus built into contracts.

Tex would receive a bonis if he kicks 50, 75 or 100 goals.

Andrew Bogut recived a lazy $1,500,000 for getting all defensive second team

Jeez mate, how depressing. It ain't that bad. Relax.
sWSYJ4Sq3nkbmEMCn7_iomZftzOPOR-qLonPuayzaAf1d90_Q6rviICxiuDsTnqe58nlp5zSnQWjQIHm0ufXVkmpl77NR1OP0gFIoks_gBl68w=w233-h226-nc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back