No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I tend to agree.

I realise we have Walker, JJ, Lynch etc. but really, I think we might just be able to squeeze Cameron in there somewhere.

Any chance we could pull off the double ?
We'd have to give up a shed load. I don't know how we're going to secure one of them without giving up Danger.

2 would be a stretch

Yeah I tend to agree.

I realise we have Walker, JJ, Lynch etc. but really, I think we might just be able to squeeze Cameron in there somewhere.

Any chance we could pull off the double ?

In that scenario, Lynch/JJ is expendable if Cameron comes to our Club. He will have to be as well because we will need to have currency to trade.

In that scenario, Lynch/JJ is expendable if Cameron comes to our Club. He will have to be as well because we will need to have currency to trade.
JJ is worth something, high second rounder, lynch unfortunately, due to injuries isn't worth that, maybe late 2nd or 3rd. Cameron is worth a early 1st and a 2nd atleast, or 1st and a good player such as lyons/henderson/jenkins/lynch?

JJ is worth something, high second rounder, lynch unfortunately, due to injuries isn't worth that, maybe late 2nd or 3rd. Cameron is worth a early 1st and a 2nd atleast, or 1st and a good player such as lyons/henderson/jenkins/lynch?

40 goal forward and a ruck chop out... you'd have to imagine that's easily a first rounder in terms of worth.

If Jeremy wants to come to SA, I can't see us getting him over port, They are in desperate need of a forward because Schulz only has a couple years left. I bet if the Essendon players get suspended they will cry to the AFL and receive some sort of compensation, because they always get looked after. We have a good young forward line as it is. Port will sell the farm to get him, we won't.
Seriously sick of this attitude and it's time to drop the woe is us mentality.

We are a vastly different beast than we were 12 months ago and quite frankly even in our worst period we are still the no 1 team in town (just ask fages...)

40 goal forward and a ruck chop out... you'd have to imagine that's easily a first rounder in terms of worth.
On last season yes, but it could've been a flash in the pan season, who knows ala Reilly 2012 or Hendo 2013. GWS are lacking forward options though with patton injured and cameron possibly out. Can't see jenkins wanting to go to GWS or anyone really...that club's a worry.

Seriously sick of this attitude and it's time to drop the woe is us mentality.

We are a vastly different beast than we were 12 months ago and quite frankly even in our worst period we are still the no 1 team in town (just ask fages...)

It's not a "woe is me" attitude, it's a look at the two lists and seeing who has the bigger need for him, who would be willing to spend the biggest chunk of their salary cap, who would be willing to make the best trade with GWS. Our forward line is strong, and will be strong for the next 10 years with the current personnel on our list. Ports will have no key forwards in 3. If they were able to get JC they would be a premiership threat for the next 10years as he would fill their biggest hole. Our forward line is not our biggest hole as he's similar to Tex as a player. You would take JC if you could get him, but midfield and defensive depth plus speed is what our list needs more than a key forward.

On last season yes, but it could've been a flash in the pan season, who knows ala Reilly 2012 or Hendo 2013. GWS are lacking forward options though with patton injured and cameron possibly out. Can't see jenkins wanting to go to GWS or anyone really...that club's a worry.

With Davis signing yesterday, I would now totally expect a steady flow of other GWS youngsters following suit. I can't see Jezza coming here at all. It will be Victoria if anywhere.
Collingwood will be circling, and have probably been for 18 months, if he doesn't sign.

Harsh on Hendo, he shattered his leg in the only season since 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Davis signing yesterday, I would now totally expect a steady flow of other GWS youngsters following suit. I can't see Jezza coming here at all. It will be Victoria if anywhere.
Collingwood will be circling, and have probably been for 18 months, if he doesn't sign.

The rumour of Davis coming home was pretty strong, I wouldn't be surprised if they overpaid because they were desperate to have someone sign.

It's not a "woe is me" attitude, it's a look at the two lists and seeing who has the bigger need for him, who would be willing to spend the biggest chunk of their salary cap, who would be willing to make the best trade with GWS. Our forward line is strong, and will be strong for the next 10 years with the current personnel on our list. Ports will have no key forwards in 3. If they were able to get JC they would be a premiership threat for the next 10years as he would fill their biggest hole. Our forward line is not our biggest hole as he's similar to Tex as a player. You would take JC if you could get him, but midfield and defensive depth plus speed is what our list needs more than a key forward.
No team is a premiership threat for 10 years, even geelong, except maybe centrals :)

No team is a premiership threat for 10 years, even geelong, except maybe centrals :)

With free agency teams will be premiership threats for much longer than we are use to. 10 years may be an exaggeration but if they replace Schulz for a 22-year old gun key forward they could be a contender until boak retires.

So the club who just coughed up both first rounders for a bit player ruckman is then going do virtually the same the following year?

but moot point, I'd suggest your analysis is off any way and the Crows would move heaven and earth to get Cameron.

Also I find it amusing that you would suggest that any team could be a premiership threat for that long.

The deficient analysis of premiership teams is so massive any way that Im safer saying Port won't win a flag in 10 years let alone in the next 3.

Also I find it amusing that you would suggest that any team could be a premiership threat for that long.

This year will be the 10th anniversary of the Famous Cats v Swans semi final where the Cats would have made the prelim if it wasn't for Nick Davis' heroics, they are still considered a premiership threat.

This year will be the 10th anniversary of the Famous Cats v Swans semi final where the Cats would have made the prelim if it wasn't for Nick Davis' heroics, they are still considered a premiership threat.
By who? Most have them just in the 8 or possibly out.

Again moot point because they didn't make the prelim and weren't a premiership threat..

I'd say that even last year, in hindsight they weren't either.

Last edited:
The rumour of Davis coming home was pretty strong, I wouldn't be surprised if they overpaid because they were desperate to have someone sign.

wasn't strong in Sydney, it was always a certainty over here that Davis was staying

every club would have a need for Jezza, with this in mind if he decided to come to SA it wont be about club needs it will be more about what Jezza is looking for

wasn't strong in Sydney, it was always a certainty over here that Davis was staying
Roo was asked this morning on MMM if we had a crack at Davis, he just laughed, the guy said i will take that as a yes & Roo laughed a bit harder. We gave it a go but he is obviously happy & well paid at GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back