No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true, his manager is an idiot, because he could sign on contract that fixes his salary to a percentage of the salary cap rather than a fixed amount
Could be waiting to see if there's an increase to the marketing/sponsor allowance cap.

Sorry to intrude but why would danger want to leave you guys when you guys are starting to really be a force in the comp. us and geelong have been mentioned as clubs that are in the running but both are on the way down and are at least 3-4 years away from getting even close to top 4.

Everyone here is hoping Dangerfield feels the same way. As with all these things there are multiple things to consider (friends, family, partners etc). At the moment he club appears to be doing all it can do to keep him. They're showing signs of success on field. They're smashing it off field with new personnel, an improved stadium deal and 63k members. Other key players have signed or are showing signs that they will sign shortly. The worry is that this may all not be enough and Dangerfield leaves anyway.

Everyone here is hoping Dangerfield feels the same way. As with all these things there are multiple things to consider (friends, family, partners etc). At the moment he club appears to be doing all it can do to keep him. They're showing signs of success on field. They're smashing it off field with new personnel, an improved stadium deal and 63k members. Other key players have signed or are showing signs that they will sign shortly. The worry is that this may all not be enough and Dangerfield leaves anyway.

Now the dinkum footy is being played there are little glimmers with Danger but nothing that really gives hope. He has proven to be a master at presenting himself well and truly in 'sitting on the fence' land and there are no comments or behaviour that show just where his mindset (even subconscious) may be. He has said it's not about money (?) and I have a feeling that the vibes around being a Crow, the cultural ambience of the Club and his rapport/respect for key club personnel are the things that may tip the scales. Having developed under the Oatey's with their cornerstone of befriending and nurturing young men in Aust football, former coach Neil Craig was possibly very influential and respected by the younger Danger. Maybe since then, from Danger's perspective, that aspect of his club life has soured somewhat. I'm hoping that post Trigg, with Fagan, and Walsh in particular, a strong connection develops between player and coach and he decides to stay - at least for 2 more years.

Caro reckons Danger and cats have a deal in place but it's not over the line yet. What's that mean? Isn't having a deal in place against AFL policy?

That's typical journo sitting on the fence. First she said he was staying. Then she's said he's going. Now she's saying there's potentially a deal that isn't over the line?! They feel it's necessary to comment on it, but they actually have no inside word.

It means that Dangerfield and Geelong have already formulated a deal that he will sign if he decides to leave Adelaide.
Scary isn't it. Sliding doors kind of stuff - how different our club will be next year depending what way it will go. If that's the case Then my number #2 team is whoever the cats are playing.

May they go down in a smoking heap. Scott, ling and all those inbred twats can GAGF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong admit they tried to re-sign Gablett. They are linked with Henderson (who they need big time) and now danger

Could they afford more than 1 of them? Probably not.

Which doesn't suggest they think they have a deal with Danger. But that doesn't mean we do either, there's a bunch of other clubs out there too

Scary isn't it. Sliding doors kind of stuff - how different our club will be next year depending what way it will go. If that's the case Then my number #2 team is whoever the cats are playing.

May they go down in a smoking heap. Scott, ling and all those inbred twats can GAGF.
Could be so sliding doors for danger in a Buckley way too...

Could be so sliding doors for danger in a Buckley way too...
Yep - and that's where I think his mind is at.

He clearly loves the club and we are hard to leave - if he had packed his bags mentally it would be known by now.

Thanks for reminding me re: bucks I recall him at the time saying he wanted to go to a team to win premierships ? Then there is that Martin pike dude with for of the bastards (premierships) probably living in a caravan washing cars and smoking dope for a living, whilst Buckley goes to bed at night in toorak wondering what might have been. I bet he would swap if he had the chance.

Danger if your reading this take note. When you sign on for the crows come over we will have beers and I'll put on a spit roast, will be huge.

I was reading someone's comments from an article that in July the new TV rights deal is being done and Danger won't sign until the figures from that are sorted out so they can maximise the money he'll make. If this is true then it makes sense that he hasn't signed yet. Can anyone confirm this?
If that was true he could assure people he wants to stay like Sloane has to take the pressure off..

I'm still going with he doesn't know.

Caro might be right (that he's made a deal with Geelong) if she's put her name to it. As much as people bag her she does have some of the best connections and sources. Anyone got a link to that article? Would be interesting to see how it's framed.

Why don't contracts get done with percentages of cap rather than dollar amounts? *

* please note I haven't thought though the ramifications of this at all
It would be more beneficial for the club to not do that because their payment to cap ratio scales down the way they do it now.

Probably psychologically it would be better as a dollar figure for the player too. They'd probably perceive $300,000 in their contract to be better than %3 of the cap.

Maybe there are contracts that go up by the percentage increase already, who knows. I mean the cost of living increases so those poor players need to be able to eat 'n all.

It would be more beneficial for the club to not do that because their payment to cap ratio scales down the way they do it now.

Probably psychologically it would be better as a dollar figure for the player too. They'd probably perceive $300,000 in their contract to be better than %3 of the cap.

Maybe there are contracts that go up by the percentage increase already, who knows. I mean the cost of living increases so those poor players need to be able to eat 'n all.

I heard Mark Bickley say some players have something like this, I think he called an "escalator clause", if the cap rises by say 10% so does their contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back