Recruiting for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

If
News on Radio mentioned this morning that Clayton Hinkley will be playing at Eagles next year!
Massive news and good for league just out of AFL system.
Yes i heard this also on the radio this morning. Talking to a few people in the area and they tell me that James Kirby has signed on for the full season also. Any other news around?

Anthony Biemans & Joel iskra Out of the South barwon swans 1's are heard to be in talks with the Roos. Biemans is a key midfeilder and iskra is CHF who booted 71 goals for the season. Maybe they are looking to reitre players like Ash avery after this year and possibley looking to replace peter macfarlane?

Very interesting. Wonder what the link is with those players? Speaking of Dimmy, speculation is strong that D. Baker is a good chance of heading back down the highway to Pimpinio. As mentioned, Ash Avery might be ready to take a step back to reserves or even retirement , and who knows if Noodles is prepared to return next year after completing the premiership mission? Maybe not, if they are chasing that Iskra bloke. Will be interesting if Kalkees GF loss has any effect on the Magees and Exells maybe returning after getting the WFL premiership? The Magees are said to be very happy at Dimboola, and i'd imagine the Exells would be similar, but who knows in the wash-up of a long-awaited premiership? And certainly there could be some major concerns if Noodles doesn't return because the Forward/Ruck role is hard to fill effectively. The importance of Rentsch and Seers can't be understated, but are they gonna stay for another tilt? Same for Chilver?

No doubt the Roos would be keen to hold on to the bulk of their players and do their best to go back-to-back, but can they consolidate or even improve their list to counter the expected natural improvement of the Demons next year? It all comes down to the will of the club and players, if the club has become a home or just a place that pays well, and if everyone thinks 'job done' and are happy with a single break-through premiership, or are determined to create an era of sustainable success.

Very interesting. Wonder what the link is with those players? Speaking of Dimmy, speculation is strong that D. Baker is a good chance of heading back down the highway to Pimpinio. As mentioned, Ash Avery might be ready to take a step back to reserves or even retirement , and who knows if Noodles is prepared to return next year after completing the premiership mission? Maybe not, if they are chasing that Iskra bloke. Will be interesting if Kalkees GF loss has any effect on the Magees and Exells maybe returning after getting the WFL premiership? The Magees are said to be very happy at Dimboola, and i'd imagine the Exells would be similar, but who knows in the wash-up of a long-awaited premiership? And certainly there could be some major concerns if Noodles doesn't return because the Forward/Ruck role is hard to fill effectively. The importance of Rentsch and Seers can't be understated, but are they gonna stay for another tilt? Same for Chilver?

No doubt the Roos would be keen to hold on to the bulk of their players and do their best to go back-to-back, but can they consolidate or even improve their list to counter the expected natural improvement of the Demons next year? It all comes down to the will of the club and players, if the club has become a home or just a place that pays well, and if everyone thinks 'job done' and are happy with a single break-through premiership, or are determined to create an era of sustainable success.
How can you say the expected natural improvement of the Demons next year? Do you know something?
If Parish leaves that is a huge loss, maybe there will be other losses also.

How can you say the expected natural improvement of the Demons next year? Do you know something?
If Parish leaves that is a huge loss, maybe there will be other losses also.

I know nothing! ;) But don't you think their group of youngsters can improve further? Sure, if Parish and other key players left it would be a big blow to them, but departures aren't confirmed as far as I know, and is probably just speculation. Seeing their junior development on display at Nhill, it would be no surprise if the Demons set up another premiership era in the next couple of years. Maintenance of their existing list and continued development of their youngsters would be enough to expect they will at least be grand finalists next year unless there are major signings at other clubs.

I saw pat knott in the paper playing for N/Q in the district league. Has he signed for them? Any other WFL players heading to the district league?

As far as I can tell the Exell's are still very happy at Dimmy, been there a few years now. Lachie especially with his fantastic season up forward. I know that Jackson O'Neill wouldn't be too upset to see Chilver or one of the other talls move on, he didn't get as much of a look in to the senior side as he is used to. Handy player to come in and replace any big men on the way out in any case.
I think with the excitement and relief the premiership has brought Dimmy and it's supporters, they will be more than keen to be the best side again in 2014. As you said though, be interesting to see how much of a premiership hangover they have with the drought finally broken. Hoping to see them as good or better again next year personally.

Dylan Parish will be at Laharum next year and i believe will be confirmed next week. Any coaching appointments on the horizon with United, Saints and Nhill still looking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've A
Nope Shane Grover ive been told. Coached the reserves a few years ago.
ive also heard this . I think warrak will be in the box seat seat with the early signing of Clayton Hinkly. Having him and Pete wier on your list will be very handy 4 recruiting! Warrak and dim inGF next year unless Horsham go on a recruiting blitz! Will butch have a big 'pull' recruiting wise if his coaching . Lots of mates?

Not alot of rumours going round about Dimboola and Demons recruiting. Dimboola are being very sneaky about it this year, Simon clugston signed during the week. unsure if anyone good, but is the brother of Gun Ash clugston. They are on the Hunt for Tyler blake again in 2014 this year which to be belived will be a deal this time round. Surely Demons will have a recruiting frenzy for next season aswell.

Not alot of rumours going round about Dimboola and Demons recruiting. Dimboola are being very sneaky about it this year, Simon clugston signed during the week. unsure if anyone good, but is the brother of Gun Ash clugston. They are on the Hunt for Tyler blake again in 2014 this year which to be belived will be a deal this time round. Surely Demons will have a recruiting frenzy for next season aswell.

Not sure about the recruiting frenzy coming from the Demons as they are not cashed up to compete with your Dimbooa`s and Warrack`s. Have heard a possible return to the Demons in Luke Carr, Aaron Barnett and Sean Christopher. Could have a couple of big losses if rumours are true of Parish (Laharum) and Nic Pekin (Natimuk) leave.

Butsch coaching Saints is interesting how many leave or recruit after last years off the field incident. Heard he gave the Saints an ultimatum as He coaches or his gone. No word on the struggling Diggers! A lot being said about Damien Camerons movements but strong word saying he won`t be at diggers.

Geez, if there is a Diggers/Pimp merger and they choose HDFL, it would be a blow to WFL in terms of club numbers and league status.

Good to see some early statements regarding player movements and coaching appointments. Surely Butschy becoming coach would boost the Micks for player retention/recruitment?

Parish to Laharum is a huge blow to Horsham - their only genuine key forward gone, leaving Burke who is more a crafty utility/3rd tall forward IMO. You would have to think they will be calling on some of their recent premiership talent to come back to the fold for loyalty's sake. Just wait for the 'Skurrie back at the Demons' whispers to circulate!

And I agree that Hinkley coming back would encourage some player recruitment for the Weagles.

Is there any word on the possibility of McFarlane coming back again for Dimmy? Despite their strength, he would be a big loss for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back