Autopsy Review: Collingwood v Melbourne (37 pt loss) - That was D-Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes, the youth and injuries excuse.

Been hearing it for 4 seasons now.

It'll be the exact same excuse next year, and the one after that.
You must admit that very few young and injury hit teams win premierships. Take the hawks last year - sure they had injuries but they were not young. The year before the romped home as the were neither young nor injury hit.

I wouldn't say Collingwood are particularly injury hit this year, perhaps slightly above usual, but certainly not 2011. Simple math shows we are a young team. We have big ambitions, but it is not unreasonable to think Collingwood trails off as the younger bodies become battle hardened.

You must admit that very few young and injury hit teams win premierships. Take the hawks last year - sure they had injuries but they were not young. The year before the romped home as the were neither young nor injury hit.

I wouldn't say Collingwood are particularly injury hit this year, perhaps slightly above usual, but certainly not 2011. Simple math shows we are a young team. We have big ambitions, but it is not unreasonable to think Collingwood trails off as the younger bodies become battle hardened.

No one is talking about premierships, but we are currently 11th on the ladder with matches against Sydney Richmond and Geelong to come.

At this point it appears we will probaby finish 10-12th at the end of the year, that's just not good enough.

I said it in the game day thread but I'm absolute in my mind now that Frost is a dud who is not going to be part of a successful Collingwood team.

Without Reid and Keefe I realise we are severely lacking alternate options but geez we need to find a decent replacement ASAP.

He offers absolutely nothing with ball in hand. Even when he has the whole ground ahead of him and time to use it he is generally too scared to do anything other than 1) Turn the ball over to his direct opponent 2) Cause a stoppage in our defensive half or 3) Dispose of it in an ordinary manner to a teammate closely under immense pressure.

He isn't even the negating close checking defender he is made out to be. Always trails his opponent and gets caught ball watching.

Last edited:
I like Frost. Hogan is a bloody good young key forward. Hopefully Frosty learns from the experience and starts off his shoulder next time instead of 2m behind.

No one is talking about premierships, but we are currently 11th on the ladder with matches against Sydney Richmond and Geelong to come.

At this point it appears we will probaby finish 10-12th at the end of the year, that's just not good enough.
This year was never going to be our year. A good pick to trade or draft in won't hurt. If we keep the pick would like another outside mid

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse the intrusion, no disrespect and all that; but the title is wrong - we beat you by 37 points.
Was their really any point in saying that? Or did you just come here to gloat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back