Opinion RFC sold its soul: disgusting coloured and extremely large sponsors on our sacred guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

with gills new covid above number sponsors that were meant to end when covid did maybe we need a sashless back like we had in the 90s with yellow numbers:

You_Doodle_2024-01-30T03_14_32Z.jpeg

Last edited:

now the best option would be if they got rid of the covid era above number sponsor as they said it was only for covid times and we just keep the sash on the back with white numbers and black outline like we had before covid without the above number sponsor , but I highly doubt they'd get rid of it

afl are campaigners

I know you spent weeks possibly months on this proposal but they both look grim.

That black box is an abortion.

Besides, I hate change. Come at me.
reckon it looks worse now

the above number sponsor has made it a massive eyesore

the sash, white numbers and black outline barely worked before they brought in the above number sponsor and now its just a total mess

Didn't know you were a fancy image manipulator Groupie_ . Other thigns maybe, but not digital images.

Reckon you're onto something. But i can't be f'd to think about it. So send it into the club and see if they'll offer you a gig as image consultant.

2nd attempt is better but id have the bottom of the sash on the back running up to just under the latitude logo and the top of the sash running down to just inside but not touching the number.

defs better.

i never buy the jumpers cos i cant stand the sponsor s**t all over them.

only time i buy any merch is if theres none of that crap on it. seems a bit rich to pay 90 bucks for a jumper and then advertise some campaigners for free the whole time im wearing it.

i reckon sponsor logo-polluted merch should be cheaper, and also have pure rfc merch, which costs a bit more to cover the missing whatever the value of a logo or five is deemed to be.

the retro stuff is pretty good but why oh why have the retro sponsor on it ffs. they don't even sponsor us anymore!

all that said i openly admit im irrationally anti-corporate and a hopeless idealist, and i fugn hate humanity's obsession with financial profit. killing the world for nothing. campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the second proposal is a sashless back like we had in the 90s with yellow numbers:

View attachment 1488253
This is pretty much what we are running this year on our clash strip but reversed. It’s clean and easy to read. If we have to make a change is go with this one.

On a positive note, at least National storage are yellow and black. The current jumper would look even worse with yet another colour above the number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back