Richmond 2015 Draw - 7 FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-plans-a-fanfriendly-2015-fixture-20141021-119jkq.html

A little bit of information about Richmonds 2015 draw.
It seems Richmond will be playing Collingwood twice.
Finally we are a chance to beat them at least once in the year.

I maybe from a younger generation but what is all the fuss with big blockbuster Saturday afternoon games? I know it use to be a tradition but this day and age they can be harder to attend and TV coverage I would imagine be down as well. Friday & Saturday night is generally when most people are available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I maybe from a younger generation but what is all the fuss with big blockbuster Saturday afternoon games? I know it use to be a tradition but this day and age they can be harder to attend and TV coverage I would imagine be down as well. Friday & Saturday night is generally when most people are available.

Day games rock because you make a day of it. You go to the G, have a pie or snag for lunch, enjoy a beer or two with your mates, watch the game, then head home in time for the evening.

Night games are cool if you are single, but are bad if you have kids. You don't get them to bed till very late, which has consequences the next day. For me it's the missus, she's happy for me to go to the day games (she just goes shopping while I'm out) but night games kill her plans to go out to dinner or to a movie with me.

What night games are brilliant for is watching on tv

Twilight are the worst though. Can't do anything else during the day, and get home too late to do anything that night

Going by Caro's article, it looks like it was a satisfy Collingwood first fixture, Collingwood had 1 experimental timeslot and the afl feels the need to consult heavily with them, FMD.

As for us, wow what a shock playing carlton in round 1 on a Thursday night, I will say it now, no more than 60,000 due to carlton home game and them being s**t ,afl will rethink this fixture from 2016 onwards, don't be surprised if this is the last time we play them in round 1.

I bank that we will play carlton, bulldogs and Collingwood in the first 4 rounds again for the 3rd year in a row.

I'm waiting to see if other clubs like Ess, Coll, Haw and Carlton play their first game in 20 years at the Cattery. It seems we have to play there every second year when other clubs don't have to travel (and effectively lose).. The draw is never even, but there's no excuses any more. ANY big club can play there since the development.

Happy to draw Carlton in Round one.

Hahahaha essendon has Sydney in Sydney round 1 then hawks at the G round 2
Just getting their fans accustomed to the regular thrashings they will get in 2015, they will get a television friendly draw and it's a decision the afl will come to regret I feel when Essendon fans stop turning up after the initial show of support early doors and they keep on getting thrashed in prime time.
Too many people thinking they are going to be affected for only 1-3 games are in for a massive reality check.

any money we will get port away and Gold Coast away
For sure. Remember the first 3 times we played the GC it was our home game. We just chose to play them in Cairns.

Port will be in Adelaide certainly. In 24 H&A games, we've played 8 times in Melbourne. Tradition, you know.:D

Of our last 7 games against Geelong, 6 have been designated Geelong Home games. Of course, they beat us wherever we play.

I'm waiting to see if other clubs like Ess, Coll, Haw and Carlton play their first game in 20 years at the Cattery. It seems we have to play there every second year when other clubs don't have to travel (and effectively lose).. The draw is never even, but there's no excuses any more. ANY big club can play there since the development.

Happy to draw Carlton in Round one.

Happy to play there (Cattery), but can I get a ticket to watch my team? If not they can jam it and play it where the crowds are at.

Next year's Round 1 fills me with less nerves than any other since the pre-2009 demolition.

Hopefully the players are less nervous too, as we've gone into our shells at some stage in every single Round 1 match since 2009.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back