Universal Love Richmond Board 2023 AFL Phantom Draft | Starts 11/11/23| First in best dressed, all spots filled

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good choice. I was tossing up between him and Collard for St Kilda's first pick.

I really like your Collard pick for the Saints too. Exactly the type they are screaming out for. X factor athlete who can hit the scoreboard and short spurts through the middle.

Just needs to quit with the dumb brain snap free kicks.

Pick 21- GWS- Arie Schoenmaker
After a very heated debate with my other recruitment staff
We finally reached agreement and we have drafted the big kid from Launceston
ARIE SCHOENMAKER- 195 CM 91 KGS
able to clear defensive 50s with a booming left foot
This kid has it all and can play anywhere on the ground
A left footed Noah Balta,,,we will give him plenty of time to settle in Sydney, and it may take us a while to work out exactly where he should and will play ,, but with ASHTON MOIR we have the 2 best kicks in the land, and both are serious weapons
Did consider, jiath, simpsons and Morris, but could not let
Arie go that left foot is orgasmic
Thanks

Grocadoc is up with a double pick

Pick 22- North Melbourne- Taylor Goad
With Pick 22 North Melbourne select:

Taylor Goad 206 cm, 97 kg Ruck/KPP South Adelaide

With Goldy departing to Essendon, the Roos must turn to injury prone Tristan Xerri to carry their number one ruck stocks and only have Hamish Free as a young developing ruckman behind this, so will be desperate to bolster this section of their list in this draft.

Taylor Goad is a late bloomer and only became wholly committed to his football at the end of 2022, so has a LOT of upside to go if he continues to develop in a professional environment.

The biggest standout for Goad is his athleticism for his height. Goad ran a 2.92 20m sprint in the preseason and then a 2.965 at the National Combine ranked 8th overall.

Goad's mobility, athleticism and ability to cover the ground will be his main standout traits that will set him apart at AFL level, and being raw, the clubs will invest in him as a long term project player.

STRENGTHS:

• Follow-up work
  • Mobility
  • Rate of development
  • Size
  • Speed
  • Upside

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Endurance
  • Footy IQ
  • Ruck craft

Pick 23- North Melbourne- Riley Hardeman
With Pick 23 North Melbourne select:

Riley Hardeman 185 cm, 75 kg Defender/Midfielder Swan Districts

Riley Hardeman is one of the better ball users in the draft. An intelligent and skilful outside player, Hardeman has spent the majority of the year as an intercepting and rebounding defender, though has also proven himself more than capable in the engine room.

There have been concerns over Hardeman due to injury and concussion issues, but his defensive intercepting, rebounding ability and precision kicking make him a tantalising prospect at the Kangaroos.

One of the more positive things for the Kangaroos is that Hardeman has a strong endurance base already which would put him into calculations for a round 1 debut, with Aaron Hall and Ziebell retiring, a gap has opened up across the half back line, with Hardeman every chance of being a starting 22 player as soon as he gets to the club.

Hardeman also possesses terrific leadership skills, captaining Western Australia in this year's National Championships, another trait that will impress the North recruiters.

With Hardeman and Sheezel at half back, North's rebounding drive from half back is set for the next decade.

STRENGTHS:

• Accumulation
  • Endurance
  • Consistency
  • Leadership
  • Outside run
  • Speed

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Contested work
  • Opposite foot

Pick 24- Collingwood- Zane Zakostelsky
Like my evil twin brother who is head of recruitment at gws
I am going for a reach,,but I think this kid could be special very special you could say he will end up as a president
ZANE ZAKOSTELSKY 196 CM 89 kgs from Claremont
Athletically off the charts a late bolter , and bloomer
Can play kpd kpf and in the ruck,,won the best on ground in the u-18s grand final in Perth, pies fan's will love this kid ,compared to Billy frampton , Zane really will come alive,,
Plus I'm also sure he will be the first ever player in the history of the game with the initials ZZ
I Love this kid ❤️

Like my evil twin brother who is head of recruitment at gws
I am going for a reach,,but I think this kid could be special very special you could say he will end up as a president
ZANE ZAKOSTELSKY 196 CM 89 kgs from Claremont
Athletically off the charts a late bolter , and bloomer
Can play kpd kpf and in the ruck,,won the best on ground in the u-18s grand final in Perth, pies fan's will love this kid ,compared to Billy frampton , Zane really will come alive,,
Plus I'm also sure he will be the first ever player in the history of the game with the initials ZZ
I Love this kid ❤️

Good pickup. Really like this kid and considered him with my pick. Was down to him and Hardeman and couldn't justify taking ZZ with already having Curtin and Goad this draft.

To top heavy if you chose the president
Good choices well done groc

If I had gone Duursma instead of Curtin, I'd have unfortunately swapped out Tholstrup for ZZ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 25- Adelaide Crows- Charlie Edwards
Adelaide select.

CHARLIE EDWARDS

Position: Midfielder/medium defender

Size: 190cm

Clubs: Sandringham Dragons/Sandhurst

A genuine late-season bolter, Edwards’ shift from defence to the midfield has paid big dividends. He missed out on playing for Vic Metro at the national champs, but exploded in his final seven Coates Talent League games for the Dragons, booting seven goals and averaging 21 disposals and five inside 50s per outing. Edwards’ ability to burst away from congested stoppages has impressed recruiters, while his 190cm frame also appeals.

Pick 26- St Kilda- George Stevens
With pick 26, St Kilda select

George Stevens

189cm midfielder

Ross Lyon was open about wanting to improve St Kilda's midfield. Stevens might just be the pick to help them do that.

A contested bull, Stevens is hard at the contest and knows how to find the pill. Questions have been raised about his endurance, but with some experience and conditioning in the AFL system, Stevens can be the next big thing in St Kilda's midfield. (Foxsports.com.au)

Pick 27- Carlton- Harry DeMattia
Pick 27, final pick of the first round. Carlton Blues select Harry DeMattia from Vic Country/Dandenong Stingrays

Very surprised he ‘fell’ to here but Blues would be stoked to grab the BPA after he impressed further during the draft interviews process with his mature demeanour and leadership traits.

_RT_ and Wet Toast to follow with the first pick of the 2nd round

Pick 27, final pick of the first round. Carlton Blues select Harry DeMattia from Vic Country/Dandenong Stingrays

Very surprised he ‘fell’ to here but Blues would be stoked to grab the BPA after he impressed further during the draft interviews process with his mature demeanour and leadership traits.

_RT_ and Wet Toast to follow with the first pick of the 2nd round
BPA ??

Pick 28- West Coast Eagles- Mitch Edwards
With the first pick of the second round WCE select Mitch Edwards 205cm 89kg Ruck Peel Thunder

Edwards has genuine height at 206cm, and has a big enough frame to suggest he'll be able to compete physically at AFL level in a few years time. Not only is he tall, he is mobile, has excellent ruck craft and is quite skillful for a kid his height.

The biggest stand out in Edwards game is his ruck craft, he has excellent hands and technique when palming the ball down to his midfielders. After the ruck contest Edwards also has solid follow up work, often he is involved with clearances and putting pressure on the opposition. Around the ground he he is a contested marking threat, often using his reach to clunk contested marks. He shows natural footy IQ when playing forward or behind the ball, often hitting the scoreboard and providing a contest in defence, all the hallmarks of an elite ruckman.

He needs to develop physically, which is very common with young ruck, but outside of that he has all the tools to become an elite ruckman at AFL level. He'll be a slower burn, but I think the investment will be worthwhile.

Ctl is up with Geelong

Pick 31- Geelong Cats- Angus Hastie
Pick 31, Geelong select Angus Hastie. A 189cm defender, with speed. Capable of playing a shutdown and lockdown role as well as launching attacks off half back, could in time develop an intercept marking game. Will look to eventually take over from some experienced defenders nearing the end of their careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back