FB: Vlastuin - Young - Broad
HB: Rioli - Gibcus - Short
C: McIntosh - Taranto - Pickett
HF: Baker - Martin - Bolton
FF: Balta - Kosi - Campbell
R: Naismith - Dow - Hopper

INT: Banks, Green, Prestia, McAuliffe
SUB: Ross
id have ross in over kmac. but otherwise a nice balance of play the kids and work with what we've got. :thumbsu:

Hi all, do you think Sonsie and/or Banks will get much opportunity at senior level this year?
I'd say Banks is more likely to be cement a permanent wing spot than sonsie is, we have an overcrowded midfield (Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Dow, Martin, Baker, Bolton, Graham, Ross, too many one paced players and i'd leave two to three of them out of the side for balance) at the moment so I can't see a real path for Sonsie given he isn't blessed with great leg speed.

Teams with no Hopper, seriously guys, if we judging this hard on one praccy game, then Dusty, Balta, Kosi, Rioli, Prestia just to name a few shouldn't be in your teams either.

Every year we see established players cruise in praccy games. How often do we hear bruise free footy trotted out.

FMD

Round 0

FB: Vlastuin, Young, Broad
HB: Short, Gibcus, Rioli
C.: Banks, Martin, Pickett
HF:Bolton, Balta, Green
FF:Cumberland, Ryan,Campbell

F: Nankervis, Taranto, Baker

INT: Clarke, Hopper, Prestia, Dow, Brown

one of Prestia, Dow, Hopper is the sub

Teams with no Hopper, seriously guys, if we judging this hard on one praccy game, then Dusty, Balta, Kosi, Rioli, Prestia just to name a few shouldn't be in your teams either.

Every year we see established players cruise in praccy games. How often do we hear bruise free footy trotted out.

FMD
Hopper only gets a game bc we have so many poor older players on our list and the coaches haven’t got the balls to back the kids in.

Hopper only gets a game bc we have so many poor older players on our list and the coaches haven’t got the balls to back the kids in.
Hopper has to be played early. His profile and price tag demand it. However I think the same output from him going forward won't be tolerated for long.

Interesting to see how Steely, Seth, Coulthard, Clarke, MRJ, Cumberland, Lefau(?) fit as small/medium forwards.
Who is going to step up this year and make that role theirs?
We have a lot of players who arguably play their best in the midfield: Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Bolton, Graham, Dusty, Dow, Ross, Baker, Sonsie, McAuliffe.
Who are our best combination there, and who is more value elsewhere?
I think we need to reset our thinking to like we did at the start of last season and get excited about the thought of Dusty spending more time forward. Bolton is also more value forward until others start proving their value there.

My thinking at the moment, centre/followers: Tarranto, Dow, Prestia, with Baker rotating off the bench, Ross off the bench/wing then Dusty & Bolton rotating from bench/forward.
I think Tarranto, Dow, Prestia, Hoppers lack of ability to play anywhere other than midfield means one needs to play VFL.

Quarter of the way through the season and here is how I see our best 23 moving forward, including players currently injured

B: Tom Brown (20 yr old 6 games) Ben Miller (24 yr old 30 games) Nick Vlastuin (30 yr old 218 games)

HB: Daniel Rioli (27 yr old 167 games) Josh Gibcus (21 yr old 20 games) Jayden Short (28 yr old 159 games)

C: Hugo Ralphsmith (22 yr old 34 games) Tim Taranto (26 yr old 142 games) Seth Campbell (19 yr old 7 games)

HF: Maurice Rioli (21 yr old 33 games) Noah Balta (24 yr old 89 games) Liam Baker (26 yr old 116 games)

F: Shai Bolton (25 yr old 120 games) Tom Lynch (31 yr old 219 games) Dustin Martin (32 yr old 294 games)

R: Toby Nankervis (29 yr old 142 games) Jacob Hopper (27 yr old 133 games) Thomson Dow (22 yr old 24 games)

INT: Jack Ross (23 yr old 67 games) Tyler Sonsie (21 yr old 13 games) Mykelti Lefau (25 yr old 5 games) James Trezise (21 yr old 2 games) Sam Banks (21 yr old 10 games)

Would love to see this side on the park in the second half of this year, minus Gibcus of course with the ACL. IMO this would give us the type of side that best suits the way Yze wants us to play with the quick ball movement via run and carry and accurate ball use by foot. When you look at the side there is a nice blend of senior experience as well as developing youth across all areas of the ground.

Happy to take feedback/criticism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back