Richmond's midfield vs North's midfield

Which one will be better?

• North

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Richmond

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maric, Chaplin and Houli are frauds? Chaplin and Maric have been some of the most consistent performers, to have them on around 300k is for me a bargain.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You did well in getting Ellis & Vlastuin cheaply to add to the big 3. Jackson improved this year going from hack to good honest toiler. Arnott goes alright too.

If Vickery can play consistently well as his talent suggests he will, you will be a very good team.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You did well in getting Ellis & Vlastuin cheaply to add to the big 3. Jackson improved this year going from hack to good honest toiler. Arnott goes alright too.

If Vickery can play consistently well as his talent suggests he will, you will be a very good team.

So you rate Arnot but you don't rate Maric or Chaplin?

Both teams have great young midfields.

North just have Wells, Swallow, Harvey & Dal Santo too.

Richmond have topped up with too many frauds on good money.
Houli, Chaplin, Azza, Maric, Hammer all on 300k+ none of whom would get a game for Norf.

I like the Ellis & Vlastuin. I like Dusty, and Cotchin & dids are stars but I think you have an unbalanced list compared to us - hence why we routinely beat you.

Both teams need to learn how to win when not allowed to play front running one way football.

Bold are both on well under 300k.

Certainly will be if he ever gets a run in the ruck. It's his natural position.

We lost Matty Campbell because Scott refused to play him in the ruck.

How is this thread still going strong, North clearly have the better midfield and are much harder at it.
Richmond supporters your midfield isn't even close.
Was it our defence or forward line that was better this year them? What carried us to 5th in the home and away as opposed to North being outside the 8?

it was pretty funny when our midfield battered theirs in a 10 goal flogging though ;)
I guess that makes our midfield much better than Hawthorns because we've battered theirs 2 years in a row for a 10 and 7 goal flogging. 1 game isn't the be-all and end-all. Credit to you guys because North played exceptional, I thought we lacked run after Houli was a late withdrawal and Ellis got injured in the first quarter.

Richmond have topped up with too many frauds on good money.
Houli, Chaplin, Azza, Maric, Hammer all on 300k+ none of whom would get a game for Norf.
Houli, Chaplin, Maric have all been key parts to our recent success. Only Maric wouldn't get a game and that's because North don't want to play two rucks, Maric by the way isn't on 300k and Azza and Hampson couldn't be further off.
I like the Ellis & Vlastuin. I like Dusty, and Cotchin & dids are stars but I think you have an unbalanced list compared to us - hence why we routinely beat you.
You've beaten us the past 3 times, i'll give you that but this seasons match aside they were all close. Hardly 'routinely'

This has been one of the better discussions on here about two quality midfields that will be playing finals over the next few years. I honestly do not think there is much between them and the 10 goal win North had over the Tigers was an abberation compared to previous encounters.

If I had to pick the 4 midfield rotations from all the mids at North and Richmond, I would pick the following not including the ruckman:

1st Rotation: Swallow, Cotchin, Martin (Wow:) )
2nd Rotation: Zeibell, Deledio, Dal Santo (Awesome:thumbsu: )
3rd Rotation: Wells, Ellis, Cunnington (lol 3rd rotation :eek:)
4th Rotation: Bastinac, Harvey, Foley (Come on, not even fair :p)

I've had to leave out Conca, Adams, Vlastuin and Jackson :oops:

Those above rotations may have had some bias creep in on my behalf but it does highlight the quality and depth of both midfields.

And then the left overs.

S.Edwards, Jackson, Vlastuin, Conca, Lennon, Arnott, Grigg, Houli, Newman, King, McD

V

Greenwood, Atley, McDonald, McKenzie, Mullet, Harper, Garner, Wright, Adams, Jacobs, Gibson, Hine, Dumont, MacMillan, Anthony

LOL

I'll leave Lindsay out.

This has been one of the better discussions on here about two quality midfields that will be playing finals over the next few years. I honestly do not think there is much between them and the 10 goal win North had over the Tigers was an abberation compared to previous encounters.

If I had to pick the 4 midfield rotations from all the mids at North and Richmond, I would pick the following not including the ruckman:

1st Rotation: Swallow, Cotchin, Martin (Wow:) )
2nd Rotation: Zeibell, Deledio, Dal Santo (Awesome:thumbsu: )
3rd Rotation: Wells, Ellis, Cunnington (lol 3rd rotation :eek:)
4th Rotation: Bastinac, Harvey, Foley (Come on, not even fair :p)

I've had to leave out Conca, Adams, Vlastuin and Jackson :oops:

Those above rotations may have had some bias creep in on my behalf but it does highlight the quality and depth of both midfields.

We should merge so we can win infinity premierships.

Those rotations look pretty good, I'd drop Foley out for Conca though. If those guys did all get to play together, I'd have Cunnington in the first rotation. Cunnington in the centre square leads to a higher chance of winning the ball than Martin or Deledio and then you're more likely to do damage on the outside with Martin/Deledio spearing it in.

Also, do North usually run with a tagger, or do they mostly go head to head?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listing them in tiers i would go

A - cotchin
B+ - Harvey, Wells, Swallow, Dal Santo, Ziebell, Martin, Deledio
B - Cunnington, Bastinac, Atley, Ellis, Conca, Jackson, Vlastuin, Grigg
C+ - Foley, Gibson, Adams, Macmillan, jacobs, greenwood, Hine
D- Arnot, Anthony,

I see a lot of potential in Atley as a midfielder but what has he done in the midfield to be rated as a B grade midfielder?

Also I feel like Ziebell and Cunnington maybe even Jackson are better than all the B graders but aren't in the same class as the B+ players.

We should merge so we can win infinity premierships.

Those rotations look pretty good, I'd drop Foley out for Conca though. If those guys did all get to play together, I'd have Cunnington in the first rotation. Cunnington in the centre square leads to a higher chance of winning the ball than Martin or Deledio and then you're more likely to do damage on the outside with Martin/Deledio spearing it in.

Also, do North usually run with a tagger, or do they mostly go head to head?
Sometimes. We occasionally assign Bastinac to a tagging role which he actually handles really well. Generally he would sit on a clearance midfielder and take him out of the game by beating him to the footy. He is a bloody effective inside player, probably the most natural rover we have, but plays behind the likes of Cunnington, Swallow, Ziebell and Wells in the inside rotations.

If not Bastinac then either Greenwood or Hine are assigned lock down roles to varying effect bit more often than not we go head to head.

What's interesting on our list is that our discards this year were picked up by other clubs. ie Nahas, Derrickx and White, suggesting our depth is becoming stronger.
Not necessarily. I don't know much about Derrickx, but White will find a spot at PA, and Nahas is more a complimentary to what North already have in Lindsay Thomas. Who he's obviously not going to displace, but he may in the case of injury.

Both midfields are more or less equally talented, but both have proven to be very vulnerable when games are on the line.

How is this thread still going strong, North clearly have the better midfield and are much harder at it.
Richmond supporters your midfield isn't even close.
Finally!!!!!!! An Essendon supporter with Wisdom!!!! North are wayyy better than us, considering they have won more games than us in a season with there better list during the past 4 years, they are practically flag favorites.. apart from Essendon of course. Heck, It's only appropriate to suggest that Essendon have the best list in the league and that they are light years ahead of both teams. Both North and Essendon have gone deeper into the finals in the last 4 years then Richmond could ever dream of!!! The Tiges are peasants in comparison to your God like teams.

Back