ricky pettard.... is he worth picking up ?

Remove this Banner Ad

zohnn

Debutant
Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
not sure if his nominated for any of the drafts .... was delisted so maybe can be signed as a delisted freeagent
we have lost mckinley ,warren and edwards of the main list .......from the games ive seen pettard plays similar roles and has also shown some potential for example the collingwood game cant remember if it was a draw or one point loss .......... he is injury prone however as a utilty he can be a great assest.
he would fit into our structure similar to what thomas role is ......not sure what the club have in mind delisting richardson enabling pick 63 would we pass and thus have a pick for pettard in preseason

Petterd may be a lot better player then the likes of McKinley, but he is not going to improve our best 22.

So no.

Petterd may be a lot better player then the likes of McKinley, but he is not going to improve our best 22.

So no.

delisted
mckinley,warren,edwards,campbell which the last two were regular forward line players .....
we all know that hansen and tarrant can go missing ........edwards was our other dimension lead up forward that been said black is a player which can replace him. i see daw and curran as key forwards to replace the big trio leaving black as the only depth as a medium forward. not to mention harper filling a harvey role with harvey been suspended.
petterd would be more of a suitable pickup than picking an 18yr forward that is going to take a yr or 2 to develop ,if his body is right he has shown that he can perform ......he doesnt have to be part of our best 22 but we know the key to a good side is best 25 to 26

It's a definite maybe from me. I'd back end his contract so that if he's been crap after 1 year, I'd off-load him as a free-agent and its cost us nothing.

I wouldn't be totally against it. We do need a bit of depth after some of our departures. Myers from the Bombers would be one to look at also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Demons situation makes it interesting.......reports on both Gysbert and Ricky Pettard seem to have a common thread.......talented yet lack the 'work ethic required'. Pettard is a very likeable character who I see an an 'option' player (not a tall forward and not a small crumber) in the Corey Jones mould.
It's hard to get a handle on what was going on at Melbourne but I don't think it encouraged 'greatness' or provided motivation to the younger players like Gysbert and Pettard.

delisted
mckinley,warren,edwards,campbell which the last two were regular forward line players .....
we all know that hansen and tarrant can go missing ........edwards was our other dimension lead up forward that been said black is a player which can replace him. i see daw and curran as key forwards to replace the big trio leaving black as the only depth as a medium forward. not to mention harper filling a harvey role with harvey been suspended.
petterd would be more of a suitable pickup than picking an 18yr forward that is going to take a yr or 2 to develop ,if his body is right he has shown that he can perform ......he doesnt have to be part of our best 22 but we know the key to a good side is best 25 to 26

I reckon we could find a mature age player with one of our picks in the 40's that makes an immediate impact and won't piss his time on AFL list away

Yes for me.

If Sierakowski was worth being picked up then surely Pettard is worth a shot.....better than a few others on our list too if he is can get 100% fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back