List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

would be funny if we split 2 now in a separate deal. a port-like move even.

I would think that’s very much on the cards.
It’s now known, in the industry, that we are genuine in our intent to split the pick if the deal stacks up.
Other Clubs would be doing their own sums and calculations accordingly.

The current “ skeletal “ trade proposal with us NM and Port needs some more meat attached to it and the onus is now on Port to do so and provide the meat.

Totally unrealistic of Port to think that they can pull this off without sacrificing a decent player, because at it stands at the moment they just don’t have adequate draft capital to pull the deal off, they are close but they need to manufacture the missing pieces, otherwise the deal falls over.

I really like this thinking

Talk to GWS - worst case scenario for them is North having 1 and 2 so offer pick 2 for 3 and try for 15, settle for 19

Trade 3 for 8 and ports F1

So for 2 we now get 8,15(or 19) and a future 1st

Tell port we’ll accept 33 and 43 for Rioli. Offer those picks plus our 40 to Essendon for 22

Throw 22 at Brisbane to see if it shakes Roberson loose

Picks 2,40 and Rioli gives us

- 8,15 (or 19), 22 and Ports F1 (7-15)

Go to the draft with 8,15 (or 19),20,22,26

Accept a future pick(s) for 26 on draft night if we don’t like what’s left or someone is keen to trade up

About a day late in this discussion, but am the only one who didn't mind the 2 and Junior for the two firsts? I think you're all over rating Port next year. Could easily be another top 10 pick
I don’t mind it. After keeping a close eye on the Port death ride this year, they did seem to get it together in the second half of the season. Think they make finals but finish 7th-8th.

If Port want to get this deals done, they will very likely have to trade a player. Personally would be okay if we added our 20 into the current deal and got Mitch G.

About a day late in this discussion, but am the only one who didn't mind the 2 and Junior for the two firsts? I think you're all over rating Port next year. Could easily be another top 10 pick

Nah, HoneyBadger35 was signing the documents and the pie man had to basically bite off his hand to make him stop.

I don’t mind it. After keeping a close eye on the Port death ride this year, they did seem to get it together in the second half of the season. Think they make finals but finish 7th-8th.

If Port want to get this deals done, they will very likely have to trade a player. Personally would be okay if we added our 20 into the current deal and got Mitch G.
Did they? They won as many games against teams sitting 7th or higher as we did.

Pick 2 is worth those selections on its own. It was the fact Rioli was being given away from free that was the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did they? They won as many games against teams sitting 7th or higher as we did.
Beat Sydney rnd 14. Only just lost to the Geelong, Pies, Melbourne and Freo. The latter 3 all being away games. Dont get me wrong, id love to death ride them again especially for a tastier 1st.

General Port view is they’ll be better and make finals in the 6th-8th range.

But this year’s top four are better than them (even with Pies sliding back and Sydney dropping their bundle after a blowout GF), Brisbane will be better than them, Dogs/Richmond/Carlton finished above them and surely improve (or in Carlton’s case don’t choke away an 8-2 start). Suns sort of pushing, Saints are a surprise packet but could always just fall away entirely. Not sure the pressure on Port is from underneath, but rather will they be able to catch the teams above them?

Do I think they play finals? Yes.
Do I think a top four finish is likely? Not really.
Do I think they are one of the clubs with real implosion potential, Hinkley on the final year of his deal and year after year of pressure mounting? Absolutely.

Their ceiling might be third or fourth, but to me their floor is full on meltdown implosion and finish 14th.

Chuck in Mitch or Houston and we’ll take that future first cheers lads.

Their ceiling might be third or fourth, but to me their floor is full on meltdown implosion and finish 14th.

Chuck in Mitch or Houston and we’ll take that future first cheers lads.
What's Dan Houston alone worth? mid to low teens sorta pick? Similar standard to Redden?

Will get an easier draw this year and presumably won't start as s**t as they did last year against a weaker draw.
Double ups last year were Dees, Cats, Tigers, Bombers, Crows. It'll be easier next year but not by that much.

Probably pick 7-10, he’s a jet.
Cheers - must admit he's a player who has mostly flown under my radar for whatever reason.

Interesting assessment. Assuming the basis of the three-way deal is the same as yesterday, it does feel like a player like Houston is going to swing it too far. Unless a mid-range picks then head back Port's way maybe...

It would be good to just get this done and dusted.

:) LOL I bet J Rioli and his manager are having a few sleepless nights.
I doubt it. From all reports it is the contract Port offered that matters most to Rioli. His absolute worst case scenario is that another club picks him up on that exact some contract in the preseason draft. He gets his 4 year, $2mil+, no conditions contract regardless of what happens from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back