RIP Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a really difficult one.

I'm going to the Showdown, but it's not our home game.

Our supporters will feel like they need something to say goodbye to Walshy, and show their love and appreciation for him (like your brilliant tribute the other night); to get a sense of closure.

No doubt your club will have to pay your respects in front of your home fans. I just feel for the players and the family & friends of Phil Walsh that need to keep going through it.

It will be hard for your club to decide how to honour Phil Walsh given how much has already been done before hand. Hopefully they do a brilliant job of it and in some way leave us with an upbeat message that helps us all to take away a little bit that is the memory of Phil Walsh.

Personally there is no better way of honouring those that have past than by being able to live a better life because of the memories they've left us.

Going into this game with a very heavy heart. I love and respect my Dad so much. He's my best mate and hero, so i cant understand whats happened. I'll always have a respectful hatred for the crows, nothing can change that. I badly want us to win this game. Thats footy. Bring it on, i hope both teams bring their best fooball in respect to all of us that turn up. Phil would have it no other way.

Go you PEAR

Just shows how unrepresentative this forum is , in the real world probably 1 in 10 die-hard Port supporters follow the Sapsville way of thinking.

I see you gained no perspective since being given a day off.

Just shows how unrepresentative this forum is , in the real world probably 1 in 10 die-hard Port supporters follow the Sapsville way of thinking.

In the real world people have understanding. Plenty of time in your life for hatred, just a couple of weeks of understanding is needed

Choco's eulogy - the bits I saw on the TV and heard on the radio was a beauty.

Picked number 41 at Collingwood because it was the number bib Roger Banister wore when he broke the 4 minute barrier for the mile. Only a great sports lover PE teacher type could come up with.

Listening to Choco talk about how Walsh started looking at all the game analysis especially were goals were scored from - stoppages, turnovers, backline, kick ins etc and how they spent a day debating this with Ted Hopkins of champion data back in 2000 was fascinating and left me wishing Walsh had communicated public more with us fans and members and made me think of the chat I had with him at the club 1870 event. As Choco said those categories picked up by Champion Data from Walsh will be with us forever.

Phil Walsh came to Port at the right time. The game transitioned from part time to full time over the 1999 and 2000 seasons and all players and coaches were full time by 2001. It sounds like his talents would have been wasted as a part time assistant coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SHOWDOWN 39 medal on Sunday will be known as the PHIL WALSH medal. It will be awarded to the best player on the ground for this match.

KT has said any future rebadging will be decided post-season.

I think the supporters should show respect before and after the game. Surely when the game is on we will be barracking for our teams in a postive way without the need to denigrate the other team. The umpires however are fair game.:D
Jimeoin, That chrome dome campaigner and Stevic knowing our luck

Some last farewell tribute pictures to Walshy of the game. Walshy would of enjoyed the spirit of the game today in how it was played.
389461_gl.jpg
389462_gl.jpg
389463_gl.jpg
389464_gl.jpg
389465_gl.jpg
389467_gl.jpg
389468_gl.jpg
390016_gl.jpg
389487_gl.jpg
390021_gl.jpg
389486_gp.jpg
389494_gp.jpg