Opinion Cos Cardone - The ‘Clearly Conflicted’ ( per Caroline Wilson ) PAFC 2022 Version of Philby, Burgess, Maclean, Blunt, and Alger Hiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Sitting with Eddie McGuire on national TV not so long ago, Caro described Cos Cardone, McGuire’s CEO and a member since October 2012 of the PAFC board of directors, as “clearly conflicted”.

McGuire would have none of it. “No,” he argued, “he’s doing a great job.”

A great job. For whom?

Not for Port Adelaide Football Club and that’s not something worth putting up a case against. By my judgement.

I started my physical involvement with the Club in 2013. By early 2015 we were on our way into China, closing in on the $1,000,000 per annum partner that was always the up-front target of the PAFC China Strategy. At that time Matthew Richardson warned me not to trust Cos Cardone who was, he replied to my direct question, ‘worse’ than David Koch.

No matter what has gone wrong since or what has gone right, no matter whose doing the geopolitics and the pandemic have been, the Club has and will retain - subject to proper behaviour by its board of directors and its chairman in particular - MG as its outstanding (China-connected) Joint Major Sponsor.

Imagine the situation if that suddenly flipped … if MG decided that PAFC was not living up to its promises in 2020, when Darren Cahill and Simona Halep jumped at the chance to play-act a piece of wizardry and won for the Club the MG partnership versus Collingwood (take note Cardone), Essendon and the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Today Matthew Richardson is CEO. He has, a week or so ago, tried to tell me that Cos Cardone is now a Goody Goody Two Shoes doing great stuff for the Club with the AFL.

I believe him not. Spies do not, can not, suddenly change into non-spies.

This Club of ours has seemingly become a den of insincerity on the road to becoming unworthy of retaining a AAA sponsor / partner like MG alias Shanghai Automotive Industrial Corporation alias SAIC Corp.

That is, unless fundamental changes are made, and made instantly, and made publicly, at senior board and executive levels.

More to follow.

How cardone is on our board is above me... It just proves that we are a joke to the AFL.

Impressive resumé:

- Responsible for leaking the story of our attempt to join the AFL in 1990.

- Works for Eddie McGuire.

Impressive resumé:

- Responsible for leaking the story of our attempt to join the AFL in 1990.

- Works for Eddie McGuire.
Add to this, just for a start, is ‘on record’ with all those within earshot, such as George Fiacchi, as repeatedly demanding out loud: “Who cares about the prison bars”.

This, by itself, is enough to rid the board of directors of this scaly keratosis.

Koch got Cardone on to the board. It’s Koch’s responsibility to get him off it.

Preferably, both of them hand in hand.

Add to this, just for a start, is ‘on record’ with all those within earshot, such as George Fiacchi, as repeatedly demanding out loud: “Who cares about the prison bars”.

This, by itself, is enough to rid the board of directors of this scaly keratosis.

Richardson needs to go as well. * we are a total mess presently 😡

What are the actual chances of it happening and how does Koch get removed? Doesn't seem to me like he's in any danger of being removed.

Sitting with Eddie McGuire on national TV not so long ago, Caro described Cos Cardone, McGuire’s CEO and a member since October 2012 of the PAFC board of directors, as “clearly conflicted”.

A great job. For whom?

Not for Port Adelaide Football Club and that’s not something worth putting up a case against. By my judgement.

I started my physical involvement with the Club in 2013. By early 2015 we were on our way into China, closing in on the $1,000,000 per annum partner that was always the up-front target of the PAFC China Strategy. At that time Matthew Richardson warned me not to trust Cos Cardone who was, he replied to my direct question, ‘worse’ than David Koch.

No matter what has gone wrong since or what has gone right, no matter whose doing the geopolitics and the pandemic have been, the Club has and will retain - subject to proper behaviour by its board of directors and its chairman in particular - MG as its outstanding (China-connected) Joint Major Sponsor.

Imagine the situation if that suddenly flipped … if MG decided that PAFC was not living up to its promises in 2020, when Darren Cahill and Simona Halep jumped at the chance to play-act a piece of wizardry and won for the Club the MG partnership versus Collingwood (take note Cardone), Essendon and the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Today Matthew Richardson is CEO. He has, a week or so ago, tried to tell me that Cos Cardone is now a Goody Goody Two Shoes doing great stuff for the Club with the AFL.

This Club of ours has seemingly become a den of insincerity on the road to becoming unworthy of retaining a AAA sponsor / partner like MG alias Shanghai Automotive Industrial Corporation alias SAIC Corp.

That is, unless fundamental changes are made, and made instantly, and made publicly, at senior board and executive levels.

More to follow.

I noticed the Jam Tv website has been updated and removed any ref to the ‘staff’

What are the actual chances of it happening and how does Koch get removed? Doesn't seem to me like he's in any danger of being removed.
He’s in plenty of danger.

There is much momentum at the present instant in time, and Koch deserves every erg of it.

It’s up to all of us to openly support those of us who are making the waves to turn Koch and his ilk into the Somerton men.

There is much momentum at the present instant in time, and Koch deserves every erg of it.

It’s up to all of us to openly support those of us who are making the waves to turn Koch and his ilk into the Somerton men.

What is the best way to go about this on top of Koch out signs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we need to dare I say follow the Collingwood members and try to spill the board?

long story that's been detailed elsewhere... we can't spill them, but a few folks are trying to upset them about their role in our club's current position

Am I right in saying a lot of supporters wouldn’t know who he is and they also wouldn’t know he was working for Eddie McGuire, whilst on our board, when Eddie was the president of Collingwood?

Absolutely bizarre choice.

Try to think like Koch. It makes a lot of sense.

Cardone has a high position in the TV industry; has entrance in important footy circles. Koch saw someone that would help him have direct access to those people and to fit in among them.

This could even bear fruits to Port along the way. Win-Win!

I usually go for a walk a couple of times a week from the Brighton jetty to Somerton, I don't go as far as the Somerton sea wall but from now on I will, and I will definitely be keeping an eye out for a couple of blokes wearing suits and club ties propped up against it. :cool:

Last edited:

A great job. For whom?

More to follow.
As horrendous as this is to read it’s the kind of thing that will incite change that is desperately needed. LHR you’re a saint!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back