RIP Steve Jobs

Remove this Banner Ad

It saddens me that years and years go by and we are no closer to finding a cure for cancer. To me, that is one of the most important things the world should be focused on.

applesteve.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It saddens me that years and years go by and we are no closer to finding a cure for cancer. To me, that is one of the most important things the world should be focused on.

but we have really great weapons of mass destruction.

I had no idea he was dying - i thought he stepped down as ceo for apple because (his words) he was no longer the best man for the job. Was it common knowledge that he was dying?

I had no idea he was dying - i thought he stepped down as ceo for apple because (his words) he was no longer the best man for the job. Was it common knowledge that he was dying?
Yes and no. Was disgnosed with Pancreas cancer in 2004, was told he had 3-6 months to live. Until they found it was a rare, curable form. Had a liver transplant in 2009. Had been on medical leave from Apple since January this year. Had lost a lot of weight etc in any of his keynotes.

It was common knowledge yes. To have lived 8 years with pancreatic cancer was a miracle. He took a number of medical leaves of absence from Apple as he contended with his cancer, and stood down as CEO this year when he could no longer fulfil his duties to the degree he wanted to. In recent months he has looked weak and frail.

He had been working on a biography which was due in about March next year but the release date was brought forward to November. I always thought it was touch and go whether he would live to see the release of that biography.

I'm not that big into new technology... but even I know how important this man was/still is.

RIP to a great thinker and leader.

Its for the shareholders/ market confidence

They dont want news like that to surface it will just throw the stockmarket (in particular Apple Shares) into chaos (and stocks are a finnicky business), besides the man needed a bit of time to himself in the end

Cancer is one of the great population levellers and apart of our DNA. I say keep it.

RIP Jobs, hate your products, but without you we'd have no competitive drive in technology.

Took apple from computers into consumer electronics.

Some companies didnt get that message. Computer companies will be niche players soon.

More marketing genius than technologist.

Mind you I think the indians who developed a $35 tablet deserve equal praise. I wonder if Jobs was aware of this development ?

Apple wasnt flawless

What with the Cheap labouring etc, China manufacturing YOUR Iphone or IPad unit for less than 1 cent a unit (they're making 50 cents a week and are sleeping on the floor in tight confines)

Nah, nobody wants to know about that, not when you can Tweet, or use your facebook or go on bigfooty from your phone...

To use a Simpsons quote to bring levity to the situation ->

I_wonder_what_makes_it_turn____by_geektechnu.png

"I wonder what makes it turn?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back