RIP Steve Jobs

Remove this Banner Ad

I am certainly no Apple or Jobs lover but surely the anti Steve Jobs/Apple sentiment can be left for other threads....:thumbsdown:

I am certainly no Apple or Jobs lover but surely the anti Steve Jobs/Apple sentiment can be left for other threads....:thumbsdown:
Agree with that one. Not all liked his closed ecosystem model.

Been interesting reading around some peoples opinions on him, almost get the feeling the tough enforcer was just one front when needed, and a side almost misunderstood . Even reading Brian Lams piece regarding the lost iPhone 4, in hindsight Jobs only got heavy with them when they started trying to play games back with him

Personally I have never liked Apple products, overrated and overpriced... but there's no doubt Steve Jobs was a very innovative and influential person. Sad to hear of his passing. 56 is way too young. RIP

They even managed to get into Wikipedia about him.

Did anyone else see the Wizard of oz, Munchkin thing about him...it was only on for about an hour before it was removed but I thought it was in real bad taste myself..

Very glad Wiki scans for this sort of s**t:thumbsu:

phelps-tweet.jpg

You mean the geniuses who announced that they'd be picketing his funeral via Twitter FOR iPHONE?

It'd be funny if they weren't so...no, actually, it's pretty funny.
No, the whole Munchkin, oh oh the witch is dead bit..!!

I really couldn't believe someone got through with it but it was there.....Ding dong the witch is dead....
I'm not shitting you, it came up with it for an hour then BANG....gone..!

Agree with that one. Not all liked his closed ecosystem model.

Been interesting reading around some peoples opinions on him, almost get the feeling the tough enforcer was just one front when needed, and a side almost misunderstood . Even reading Brian Lams piece regarding the lost iPhone 4, in hindsight Jobs only got heavy with them when they started trying to play games back with him
From most accounts it seems he was regarded by his employees as a grade-A arsehole who hogged credit for the company's innovations, played cruel practical jokes on his underlings and screwed over his partner. Plus there's those seldom-discussed criminal activities that provided the startup capital for Apple itself.

Nonetheless he was a brilliant businessman and the tech world is much the poorer for his passing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The advances made in technology in the last ten years or so have been made due to his company pushing the envelope. I'm sure that he pissed some people off along the way but you can't make an omellette without breaking a few eggs.

The nerdverse is in mourning today.

What I fear is "Quality Control" now with Apple products now that hes gone

Ie "New" Products that are tweaked to be only 1% better than the last version, but unearths all kinds of problems

Which they fix for the next version, and then new problems are unearthed (and so on)

Im glad I was one of the last people to get in and get a large storage IPod (160GB), its still going

Not to be too cynical, but how does everyone think that Apple will try and cash in on this event? If they don't start an advertising campaign using Jobs and his career as a platform, then someone is dropping the ball big time.
Or maybe they have standards and taste?

They might unofficially christen the iPhone 4S the iPhone 4Steve, but even of they did that that'd be it. Doing more would be in poor taste.

The nerdverse is in mourning today.
Well maybe the Apple section that ignore the history of rehashed and stolen tech, patent system abuse, an underpaid and overworked chinese workforce that requires an anti-suicide net on their housing etc etc.

I have seen so many things someone else created attributed as a Steve Jobs invention/innovation it makes me sick.

So... can someone please explain to me what Steve Jobs actually did?

Everyone keeps telling me he was some kind of visionary leader or something.

Really?

So... can someone please explain to me what Steve Jobs actually did?

Everyone keeps telling me he was some kind of visionary leader or something.

Really?

Apple/Jobs never invented anything new, they just took existing ideas and refined them, packaged them up in a nice shiny box and sold them. The genius of it though was convincing the public that they needed them.

Jobs was a brilliant marketer and capitalist.

Apple/Jobs never invented anything new, they just took existing ideas and refined them, packaged them up in a nice shiny box and sold them. The genius of it though was convincing the public that they needed them.

Yeah, a mouse. Who needs those...

And sold that 2nd hand technology for a lot......and people bought it :confused:

Some people are suckers really.....:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back