Riverina FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're happy with our recruiting and how things are going along. I said earlier, we were happy last year but at one stage had 12 first grade players on the side lines. Gonna be a tough comp and the winner will be satisfied that no one can talk down the league as this year will be the strongest comp since 99.

Strongest Since 99 ???? not sure about that, big call head since the season hasn't even started

Get serious jacky boy.That last comment is just preposterous.RFL is a not much more than a joke at the moment.

Big heads comment was premature yours was sour grapes, here is a classic example of the two extremes of retired footballers mind set after their playing days, one appreciates the game and is optimistic the other becoming bitter

Get serious jacky boy.That last comment is just preposterous.RFL is a not much more than a joke at the moment.
A new side into the league. Most teams boast recruits from outside the league. Is there an early stand out fav with daylight second,no. Early call? Yep. Maybe. But a call to generate dicussion. And when in **** did you learn how to spell "preposterous"? Clive.

Big heads comment was premature yours was sour grapes, here is a classic example of the two extremes of retired footballers mind set after their playing days, one appreciates the game and is optimistic the other becoming bitter
Getting bitter.Bahaha.Ive been positively raging my whole footy career.Anyway what would i know.You blokes are obviously the experts.

No expert here, Clive. But surely u must agree that this year looms as a lot better comp than previous? And why is the RFL a joke?
Theres a long answer to a short question .The footy office in wagga is full of well meaning people but have dropped the ball over the last decade.Poor developement of kids mainly because the developement officers are not directed to make connections between school kids and footy clubs.Just participation,identify talent for AFL , move on to next crop.A very rural outlook from the board.Bucanan,bucanan,bucanan,geppert,lenon,mcpherson so on,so on,and so on.All good people but all cut from the same cloth.Promotion and inovation is hardly there forte.Clearances to the crap leagues should have been made more difficult and from the crap leagues automatic.Sunday footy should be a minor league thing and sat. footy a RFL thing.Premium footy has disapeared.Rep games and agenda have been pathetic so the better players dont learn off each other and the opposition and dont learn off the coaches who have been appointed because they have just been blokes who push the fitness and disc. aspects at there own clubs and cant actually impart any footy nouse.I could go on for hours but ill leave it at that jacky boy.Hope that stirs the discussion for you.Good luck for the season .I hope your right .I love to see the RFL strong again.

2009 was a much better comp than the prospect of this year
My opinion what ever that is worth is the 2011 season has a lot more interest than other years with the new team in BUT it all depends on what team you support ie did your team pick up players or lose them. overall i feel the standard will lift this year as head stated there are more players recuited from outside the area in 2011 (not from minor leagues) any way round 1 this weekend.

My opinion what ever that is worth is the 2011 season has a lot more interest than other years with the new team in BUT it all depends on what team you support ie did your team pick up players or lose them. overall i feel the standard will lift this year as head stated there are more players recuited from outside the area in 2011 (not from minor leagues) any way round 1 this weekend.

Agreed believe most teams have gained more than they have lost. Time will tell whether the standard is the best it has been in a while. The most exciting thing from the outside is the eveness of the comp. Ganmain is obviously the faves but after that 2-9 could be anyone whichis appealing!!

Les Muir's daughter must be doing one of the Mango boys, either that or she's proven my point that her and her old man know nothing about local footy.

great to see some discussion on here!!! not sure gullie will be a "shue in" as posted earlier but top 5 is a reasonable goal. good point made earlier we have not been tested over 4 quarters for a while let alone 2 weeks in a row. will test the mettle of som of our players plus expecting rfl to be a lot more physical. not sure what matt malone is on but kidding himself to put us in front of gggm might be a bit of reverse psychology as he was dead against us going up a league.
smart move by mango to get gullie first up as there are a lot of people out here going over today who havent been to a game for a few years, should be a good gate.
good luck to all clubs this year hopefully no injuries so no excuses except for mango, we still hate you buggers!!!!;)

great to see some discussion on here!!! not sure gullie will be a "shue in" as posted earlier but top 5 is a reasonable goal. good point made earlier we have not been tested over 4 quarters for a while let alone 2 weeks in a row. will test the mettle of som of our players plus expecting rfl to be a lot more physical. not sure what matt malone is on but kidding himself to put us in front of gggm might be a bit of reverse psychology as he was dead against us going up a league.
smart move by mango to get gullie first up as there are a lot of people out here going over today who havent been to a game for a few years, should be a good gate.
good luck to all clubs this year hopefully no injuries so no excuses except for mango, we still hate you buggers!!!!;)

Any results

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good game at mango both sides a bit rusty but just how it used to be, rugged and a bit fiery. Lieshke was clearly bog till he went of with cramp in third quarter along with half the mango side he is a gun and will win games by himself as he gets fitter. gutsy performance by gullie but will need to improve a fair bit to worry top sides. would like to know what the gate was.

Interesting Results on weekend, not so much the outcomes but more on whether early final five predictions are as solid. Going to be plenty of upsets this year as I feel to many pre season experts have underestimated the local young talent base in some clubs . Didn' t see the Crows vs Tigers game, but for a team predicted to be league whipping boys by some media experts the crows didn't fare to badly against one of the premiership "favourites". Was told strong wind favouring Tigers in first qtr was the winning factor. Not sure what Waggas lead up was like but the Crows definately have alot of improvement ahead. I wouldnt mind knowing what strength the Tigers were, who is missing ????

Interesting Results on weekend, not so much the outcomes but more on whether early final five predictions are as solid. Going to be plenty of upsets this year as I feel to many pre season experts have underestimated the local young talent base in some clubs . Didn' t see the Crows vs Tigers game, but for a team predicted to be league whipping boys by some media experts the crows didn't fare to badly against one of the premiership "favourites". Was told strong wind favouring Tigers in first qtr was the winning factor. Not sure what Waggas lead up was like but the Crows definately have alot of improvement ahead. I wouldnt mind knowing what strength the Tigers were, who is missing ????

I wouldn't read too much into Sunday welshman. Rainy, windy conditions always flatter the weaker teams.
We'll know a lot more after this weekend

did i hear right? griffith beat tigers??? could be some truth in it as i saw the tiger boys running along railway st at 8 this morning
Gullie beat leeton by about 5 goals, should have won by more, 3 or 4 of leetons goals came from 50m penaltys. Taking nothing away from leeton they outplayed gullie in the 2nd q but gullie were often there own worst enemy. young jarrah may be spending a bit of time on the sidelines after being rported for tripping. no withers on the weekend either, gepp needs to improve unlike last week this week he had a lot of opportunities but missed a heap. should be a good game at griffith in a fortnight

Great win by the Swans - the first time in a very long time they have won at Robertson Oval!

Has been a great start to the year and all is progressing well at Exies Oval. The new coach has the team playing good disciplined footy and the team is coming together nicely.

Looking forward to watching the clash against CAK in a fortnight. Certainly no easy games in the RFL this year.

did i hear right? griffith beat tigers??? could be some truth in it as i saw the tiger boys running along railway st at 8 this morning
Gullie beat leeton by about 5 goals, should have won by more, 3 or 4 of leetons goals came from 50m penaltys. Taking nothing away from leeton they outplayed gullie in the 2nd q but gullie were often there own worst enemy. young jarrah may be spending a bit of time on the sidelines after being rported for tripping. no withers on the weekend either, gepp needs to improve unlike last week this week he had a lot of opportunities but missed a heap. should be a good game at griffith in a fortnight

Did he end up getting suspended, gullie man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back