Preview Rnd 23 - Carlton v Hawthorn Saturday 5th September 4.40PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be putting any money on this game. Hawthorn wouldn't mind losing and going down to 4th.....Freo in week 1 would be a lot easier than West Coast.....

I don't think Hawthorn could lose this game even if they tried.

We're down to 24-25 eligible players for a 22-man squad, and at least half of those injured are starting 22.

Hawthorn's depth is such that they could pull a Freo, rest 10 blokes, and still beat us by 10 goals without much fuss.

It's our final game for the year, guys are on holiday starting Sunday, they'll give it a crack for Barks but they're not going to get close to Hawthorn.

I don't think Hawthorn could lose this game even if they tried.

We're down to 24-25 eligible players for a 22-man squad, and at least half of those injured are starting 22.

Hawthorn's depth is such that they could pull a Freo, rest 10 blokes, and still beat us by 10 goals without much fuss.

It's our final game for the year, guys are on holiday starting Sunday, they'll give it a crack for Barks but they're not going to get close to Hawthorn.

It'd be hard for them to lose, I agree.....but if they played their bottom 22 players and we played blokes trying to save their spot for another year, we'd go close to them. Don't forget St Kilda destroyed Freo 2 years ago in the same circumstances. Worst team in the game at the time vs the 2nd best.....

I don't gamble but I'm tipping (hee hee) the line will be something like 80 points.

75.5pts with TAB at the minute, will probably change a little once the teams are out. Hawthorn by 75.5+ at $1.90 probably is a decent bet to include in any multi's, can't see us getting that close.

IN: Carrazzo, Holman, Smith

OUT: Yarran (hamstring), Docherty (hip), Walsh (omitted)

Emergencies:
Walsh, Fields, Johnson

Backs 42. Zach Tuohy 40. Michael Jamison 7. Dylan Buckley
Half-backs 20. Nick Holman 31. Matthew Dick 17. Sam Rowe
Centreline 6. Kade Simpson 44. Andrew Carrazzo 35. Ed Curnow
Half-forwards 12. Blaine Boekhorst 33. Andrejs Everitt 46. David Ellard
Forwards 2. Troy Menzel 1. Andrew Walker 10. Matthew Watson
Followers 8. Matthew Kreuzer 28. Tom Bell 9. Patrick Cripps

Interchange 36. Cameron Wood 22. Jason Tutt 24. Mark Whiley 25. Clem Smith

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Yarran, Docherty, Walsh
Fields, Jones & Walsh as emergencies.

DVR, Johnson and Russell would technically be fit but I suspect all three would blow up after a half of footy, though DVR as sub would have been nice to see.

Whatever is the cause of our fitness issues this season needs to be overhauled, though I suspect Buttifant is not the biggest problem in that equation.

OUT: Yarran (hamstring), Docherty (hip), Walsh (omitted)

Emergencies:
Walsh, Fields, Johnson

Backs 42. Zach Tuohy 40. Michael Jamison 7. Dylan Buckley
Half-backs 20. Nick Holman 31. Matthew Dick 17. Sam Rowe
Centreline 6. Kade Simpson 44. Andrew Carrazzo 35. Ed Curnow
Half-forwards 12. Blaine Boekhorst 33. Andrejs Everitt 46. David Ellard
Forwards 2. Troy Menzel 1. Andrew Walker 10. Matthew Watson
Followers 8. Matthew Kreuzer 28. Tom Bell 9. Patrick Cripps

Interchange 36. Cameron Wood 22. Jason Tutt 24. Mark Whiley 25. Clem Smith

I guess we have the element of surprise going for us.....They wil not have heard of half of our players.

DVR, Johnson and Russell would technically be fit but I suspect all three would blow up after a half of footy, though DVR as sub would have been nice to see.

Whatever is the cause of our fitness issues this season needs to be overhauled, though I suspect Buttifant is not the biggest problem in that equation.

Who do you think is, then?

We did bring some players in last year that weren't exactly 100% good to go but I feel Buttifant is too dinosaur these days.

You don't have to be young to think fresh and I'm not sure Buttifant is fresh.............maybe a book launch?

Same thing every season - maybe 2011 we were ok.

stupid question but why play ellard an wato both been told they won't be kept on.. jones is a spud but play him,walsh misses out after doing ok as sub,

anyway be good to see carrots play his last game top bloke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back