Preview Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM - Team post #483

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll show you the answer tomorrow night. ;)

Havent been impressing me so far this year... and the fact that you seem to be re-signing all your stars... I would hate to be your accounts if someone requests a review of your books :D

I could do with the filth getting a good fisting like the AFL handed out to us 10 years ago!

Re: Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM

Thanks molly spot on !!!!!

Ins :- Jamison & Duigan

Outs :- Russell & Thornton both omitted

B: J.Laidler L.Henderson C.Yarran
HB: N.Duigan P.Bower Z.Tuohy
C: H.Scotland C.Judd K.Simpson
HF: J.Garlett J.Waite M.Murphy
F: M.Jamison M.Kreuzer E.Betts
Foll: S.Hampson A.Carrazzo B.Gibbs
Int: D.Armfield, E.Curnow, K.Lucas, M.Robinson

Emg: B.McLean J.Russell B.Thornton

IN: N.Duigan, M.Jamison
OUT: B.Thornton, J.Russell

Got to like the way we have recruited when looking at this side, yes we have alot of high draft picks but we also have alot of players who where, either Mature age, Rookie Picks Later picks and players from other clubs, just shows that you dont need just 1st round picks to be a good side. IMO the Rookie Draft has been very good for us Betts, Garlett, Curnow and Touhy (have i missed anyone?)

Got to like the way we have recruited when looking at this side, yes we have alot of high draft picks but we also have alot of players who where, either Mature age, Rookie Picks Later picks and players from other clubs, just shows that you dont need just 1st round picks to be a good side. IMO the Rookie Draft has been very good for us Betts, Garlett, Curnow and Touhy (have i missed anyone?)

I'm pretty sure Jamo and Carrots were rookies.

Still playing, thanks the blueseum

Name (rookie year)

Ed Curnow (2011)
Simon White (2010)
Zac Touhy (2010)
Jeff Garlett (2009)
Aaron Joseph (2008)
David Ellard (2008)
Micheal Jamison (2007)
Andrew Carazzo (2004)
Bret Thornton (2002)

Setanta Ohailpan (2004) now at GWS
Sam Jacobs (2007, 2009) now at Adelaide as no.1 ruck

Betts was a no.3 draft pick, not a rookie.

so pumped for this game. Watching it with my dad whose collingwood (dunno where he went wrong).

Carn baggers!

Game day... finally we start paying the filth back for 9 of the last 12 games against them...

We have been getting closer and last year, both games, we didnt have a full team against them and pushed them. Today... we finally field our best team and we should kick their arse

Shows will be up in about half an hour or so

For those playing at home:

Tipping on the Thursday night shows

Mark Robinson (AFL 360) - Blues
Gerard Whately (AFL 360) - Blues
Grant Hansen (Narngrook) - Pies
Gilbert McAdam (Marngrook) - Blues (ex Saint)
Ronnie Burns (Marngrook) - Pies (ex Crow/Cat)
Allan Thorpe (Marngrook) - Blues (ex Blue)
Peter Daicos (Marngrook) - Pies (ex Pie)
Wayne HArmes (Marngrook) - Blues (ex Blue)
Liam Pickering (league teams) - Pies (ex Cat)
David Parkin (league teams) - Blues (ex Hawk, Lions/Blues Coach)
Tony Shaw (league teams) - Pies (ex Pie)
Dermott Brereton (league teams) - Pies (ex Hawk/Swan/Pie)
Sam Newman (Footy Show) - Pies (ex Cat)
Garry Lyon (Footy Show) - Blues (ex Dee)
Bill Brownless (Footy Show) - Blues (ex Cat)
Steve Johnson (Footy Show) - Blues (Cat)
Adam Cooney (Footy Show) - Blues (Dog)

Blues 10, Pies 7

I think he was a pre season draft pick. We were primed to take an ex Stkilda ruckman Trent Knobel or at least that was the press talk at the time, and the Tigers took him before us in a surprise move. We took Betts. Knobel turned out to be a dud, Betts a champ. Another Miller/Wallets masterstroke.

Just can't see it, nor find a way to reason for Jamison playing forward.
He'd only get in the way, anyway.

Jamo taking Dawes makes the most sense. Has the ability and smarts to run off him.

We can't play them all in defence either. We know Hendo, Bower, Duigan, Laider are going to play there then going to add Jammo. Someone there won't be playing in defence.

Ok Shows are up, theres about an hours worth today so enjoy:

AFL 360
[youtube]TQ7lVC30PtI[/youtube]

The Footy Show features Street Talk from Smith St.
[youtube]acfiiIvYOW4[/youtube]

The Marngrook Footy Show with Wayne Harmes and Peter Daicos
[youtube]NmuZ0L8ZCJ4[/youtube]

The Game Plan with Eddie McGuire
[youtube]esZ258xNQpw[/youtube]

League teams
[youtube]vpO0WIk38ZQ[/youtube]

and GO BLUES

Collingwood supporters are coming across as very very nervous about this one, and rightfully so, this is our best chance in years to get the 4 points.

Amusing to read posters astounded that Thornton was ommitted, not long ago some were calling for his head, Thornton was great during the finals last year.
Must admit I was surprised he was out, but I've faith in our coaching panel, best team on the park in years, (like to see Walker and Ellard in there) ...it;s a very 'fast' looking group........

Blues to run away with it in the 2nd half of the last quarter, 24 points

Have a great night all, and GO THE MIGHTY BLUES :heart: !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name (rookie year)

Ed Curnow (2011)
Simon White (2010)
Zac Touhy (2010)
Jeff Garlett (2009)
Aaron Joseph (2008)
David Ellard (2008)
Micheal Jamison (2007)
Andrew Carazzo (2004)
Bret Thornton (2002)

Setanta Ohailpan (2004) now at GWS
Sam Jacobs (2007, 2009) now at Adelaide as no.1 ruck

Betts was a PSD pick.

We can't play them all in defence either. We know Hendo, Bower, Duigan, Laider are going to play there then going to add Jammo. Someone there won't be playing in defence.

That's true, but I just don't like the idea of us using Jamison forward.
Jamison largely grounds the back-line and plays his position perfectly.
I know Ratten is all for flexibility, but mixing and matching your keys just doesn't do it for me.

Back-lines generally need continuity to develop into a force and now that we largely have our best backs all available, you'd wish for us to sit on them.

I always enjoy laughing at the "media experts". The truth is a coin flip would have better predictive value. Last week most of them were predicting the Lions to beat Carlton which was just bizarre. I suspect the sheep have changed their opinions just because their last 2 predictions were outright embarrassing. I's be surprised if even 5% of them watch the game.

:)

Obviously we need some top 4 scalps to confirm that we're the real deal and to help our boys believe that they belong.

We also need to start handling the pressure of being the favourite in games because we will be the favourite more often then not.

It'll be finals like atmosphere which should also help us in the long run.

Blues by whatever margin...JUST WIN!!!!

Go Blues!!

Not sure if this has been raised - but Buckley has an awful lot to prove, and that just isn't coming through in his arrogant swagger - the guy is a first season coach with 1 from 2 record. If he loses tonight, and Melbourne get over the top of Tigers - then Buckley will be in exactly the same position as Neeld from Melbourne with 1 win from 3 and that win coming from Richmond.

Really think Buckley needs to acknowledge that if he loses tonight, and he has 1 from 3 then there are serious and genuine questions to be asked of the decision to replace Malthouse -

Which begs the question, who misses out for him?

I think we have only a few players in tonights game that are playing on a week-to-week basis.
They are Bower, Armfield, Lucas and possibly Hampson. (I would though keep an eye out on Scotland as the year progresses)
Walker is obviously a straight, walk up start.

Taking away the long termed injured we still have Warnock, Joseph, Ellard, Thornton, Russell, Collins and Rowe who are very likely to make strong claims for senior selection through the course of the year.
Strong VFL form will be rewarded although McLeans form will just have to be even better than the others, to get his chance.

I think we have only a few players in tonights game that are playing on a week-to-week basis.
They are Bower, Armfield, Lucas and possibly Hampson. (I would though keep an eye out on Scotland as the year progresses)
Walker is obviously a straight, walk up start.

Taking away the long termed injured we still have Warnock, Joseph, Ellard, Thornton, Russell, Collins and Rowe who are very likely to make strong claims for senior selection through the course of the year.
Strong VFL form will be rewarded although McLeans form will just have to be even better than the others, to get his chance.

I think you will find players will be rested throughout the year in order to maintain a decent list come September, so most players will be rotated in and out with "injuries" - which is why everyone is talking about depth. Its not about being able to replace injured players - but rotate players. Hence the total football clinic.

I think you will find players will be rested throughout the year in order to maintain a decent list come September, so most players will be rotated in and out with "injuries" - which is why everyone is talking about depth. Its not about being able to replace injured players - but rotate players. Hence the total football clinic.

Yes, players will be rested, but coaches will already have their ideal team in mind.
In the same way we lay-out a best 22, I'd imagine the coaches also have an ideal set-up framed and would work towards that.
Form and injury will play a large part in matters, but if Ratten was allowed to map out the team he'd like to see hit the finals right now, he'd be able to.

Just popping in to say all the best for tonight. Obviously I'd rather the 4 points but may the best team win-whoever wins, deserves it. You've certainly stepped it up, as expected, and it's good to see us all up and about at the same time for the first time in a long time.

As long as we don't meet in the the finals I'll be a happy camper....but that's starting to become a real possibility I think :(

Enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back