Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton vs West Coast Saturday 26th April 2014 @ Etihad 4.40pm - Team post #536

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant Rookies play 10 games or something like that, I remember Sam Dwyer last year played 10 for Collingwood and then couldn't play anymore. Also don't think we have elevated anyone for Kruezar who would be on the LTI list.
I don't know anything specific about Dwyer playing but it sounds like exactly what you just described - someone was on the LTI list for 10 weeks or so and then returned, meaning Dwyer was no longer eligible to play as an elevated rookie.

I don't know anything specific about Dwyer playing but it sounds like exactly what you just described - someone was on the LTI list for 10 weeks or so and then returned, meaning Dwyer was no longer eligible to play as an elevated rookie.
Was upgraded when Broomhead was on the LTI - when Broomhead was off the LTI list, Dwyer was back to the rookie list - however Toovey went on the LTI in the same week, and Dwyer was re-upgraded. He played 21 games in 2013.

Cant Rookies play 10 games or something like that, I remember Sam Dwyer last year played 10 for Collingwood and then couldn't play anymore. Also don't think we have elevated anyone for Kruezar who would be on the LTI list.

Cant be upgraded?

I thought Scotland and Cachia were the nominated rookies (because we are running a 38 and 6 split) - and we can nominate 2 more rookies because of Duigan being on the LTI for the season....and Kruezer now potentially being allowed to be an LTI given his 10-12 week foot injury.

Is this not correct?

Yes it is and I keep forgetting about Duigan but pretty sure Johnson would have to be elevated.

Can someone confirm?

HARKER
Sin City

Yes it is and I keep forgetting about Duigan but pretty sure Johnson would have to be elevated.

Can someone confirm? HARKER .
Johnson would need to be elevated - and I would suspect we would elevate in place of Kruezer - because he would come off the LTI before Duigan.....would only want to elevate for Duigan if we were sure we wanted them in for the rest of the season.

Johnson would need to be elevated - and I would suspect we would elevate in place of Kruezer - because he would come off the LTI before Duigan.....would only want to elevate for Duigan if we were sure we wanted them in for the rest of the season.

That makes sense but I don't think I have seen anywhere Kreuzer going onto the LTI yet.

That makes sense but I don't think I have seen anywhere Kreuzer going onto the LTI yet.
Nah - we havent designated him there yet - probably just waiting until the 11th hour if it's in our plans. Once a player is put on the list....they cant play AFL or VFL for 8 weeks I think.....so if were not certain on how long his foot will take, we may not want to lock him out for that long.

Nah - we havent designated him there yet - probably just waiting until the 11th hour if it's in our plans. Once a player is put on the list....they cant play AFL or VFL for 8 weeks I think.....so if were not certain on how long his foot will take, we may not want to lock him out for that long.

Spot on. 8 weeks is the minimum for LTI.

If Rowe is allowed to go to a resting Nic Nat then I'm going to turn on my heel and walk home. Absolute suicide.

Rowe is slow, doesn't possess a leap and his decision-making is not up to standard. The guy simply has to go.

Jamison, Watson and White need to become our first choice defensive trio. They provide us with a quality stopper, an attacking weapon and a third tall/swingman if required.

Rowe did a reasonable job on another athletic leaper in Liam Jones.

I agree regarding his decision making and how long it takes him to react when he has the ball - but I think if it comes to just trying to keep up with NN on the lead, holding his ground when it comes to body on body contests and jumping and spoiling - he did a reasonable job on Jones which I think can transition to NN.

You can 40 senior listed players. We currently have 6 rookies and 38 senior players. One rookie is elevated start of the year and one after mid year. We elevated Scotland right away and have an extra LTI rookie to upgrade for Duigan. So we can upgrade two more rookies. Cachia and Wood would be first in line.

You can 40 senior listed players. We currently have 6 rookies and 38 senior players. One rookie is elevated start of the year and one after mid year. We elevated Scotland right away and have an extra LTI rookie to upgrade for Duigan. So we can upgrade two more rookies. Cachia and Wood would be first in line.

Blaine Johnson please.

Rowe has the height to deal with him and keeps Hendo forward.

Need the midfield to take control of this game.

All of the WC talls are capable of dominanting their direct opponent if we don't pressure their kickers and slow WC's ball movement.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

Cachia was elevated with Scotland as nominated rookie at start of year.

We still have duigans spot & will have kreuzers if we put him on LTI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamison to Darling
Rowe to Kennedy
bring Watson in to take the resting ruck.

Yep. Watto played very well on resting rucks in nab challenge. Putting him on Westhoff was a disaster in round 1.

If Jamo isn't ready, I'd say white to darling.

Cachia was elevated with Scotland as nominated rookie at start of year.

We still have duigans spot & will have kreuzers if we put him on LTI.
Yep probably waiting to see who puts there case forward in the VFL, will probably leave a spot for Wood if we need a replacement for Warnock before Kruezar is back.

Yep. Watto played very well on resting rucks in nab challenge. Putting him on Westhoff was a disaster in round 1.

If Jamo isn't ready, I'd say white to darling.

Still think Walker would be a better matchup for Darling.
Reckon Darling will be way too athletic for White.

Still think Walker would be a better matchup for Darling.
Reckon Darling will be way too athletic for White.
I just think given Walker isn't known for his one on one work, that Walker wouldn't have the strength for him. Plus if we put Walker on darling, we might lose some of walker's run.

White isn't that bad athletically. He went with Crameri pretty well and Crameri is known for his athleticism.

I just think given Walker isn't known for his one on one work, that Walker wouldn't have the strength for him. Plus if we put Walker on darling, we might lose some of walker's run.

White isn't that bad athletically. He went with Crameri pretty well and Crameri is known for his athleticism.

If Crameri didn't drop a couple of simple chest marks and miss that sitter late in the last quarter he could have had as many as Hendo. Don't get me wrong I thought White was ok, but I think Walker will be better. Maybe White goes to him if he plays deep and Walker goes to him if he pushes up the ground.

We was really good on Sunday and he would certainly give our forward line a point of difference up there. He and Menzel could be quite a handful inside our F50.

Is he vocal on the field? I get the impression that he's another one of those introverted players we keep hearing about...from the interactions I've had with him he's barely said three words.

Is he vocal on the field? I get the impression that he's another one of those introverted players we keep hearing about...from the interactions I've had with him he's barely said three words.
Are you an intimidating presence in the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back