Preview 2023 Round 7 Carlton vs West Coast Saturday 29th April 7.30PM AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Sam Docherty, Brodie Kemp, Adam Saad
OUT: Lachie Cowan (managed), Jesse Motlop (suspension), Matthew Kennedy, Lochie O’Brien

Backs:Nic NewmanJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Sam DochertyMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam WalshPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowCharlie CurnowJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinHarry McKayZac Fisher
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Blake AcresAlex CincottaJosh Honey
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanTom De KoningLachie Fogarty
Matthew Kennedy

I suspect the form of Cerra has also indirectly resulted in the dropping of Kennedy.

Cripps, Cerra, Walsh now clearly our 3 best mids. Playing Hewett and Kennedy as mids 4-5, neither of whom has a 2nd position forces us to rotate Cerra and Walsh (who are more versatile) off the ball more then we'd like to accommodate them.

We can't really afford to be doing that. Would be the same with Dow which is why we never bring him in.

Doch as 5th mid can play the majority of the game at halfback and go onball when we need him to cover rotations. We don't have to move other players out of position to accommodate him.

Common sense ain’t so common

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

:think: Fact check

Kennedy was out after round 1 against Richmond - I guess your 'understanding' has nothing to do with coach's votes for that game- since he scored 8 coach's votes - second to Cripps who got 10.

For those that want to know what a double effort from a mid running into our forward fifty looks like - see below.

The 2022 coaches votes?

Being scammed occasionally is part of life. I once paid $1200 for a sound system which looked super high quality from a van in a parking lot, from these guys who said they were audio installers. they said the warehouse had given them a double order by mistake. Even showed me a website where it was like $6000 rep system. The moment they drove out of my driveway I knew something was wrong. Worst part. At the time I was at Uni and working in the electronics part of David Jones. 🤣
You just got to take these things on the chin, some of them are really talented scammers.
And the sound from this thing was awful.
I did the same in chapel street .. was actually looking for speakers at the time as I was interested in djing .. still have them lol

I suspect the form of Cerra has also indirectly resulted in the dropping of Kennedy.

Cripps, Cerra, Walsh now clearly our 3 best mids. Playing Hewett and Kennedy as mids 4-5, neither of whom has a 2nd position forces us to rotate Cerra and Walsh (who are more versatile) off the ball more then we'd like to accommodate them.

We can't really afford to be doing that. Would be the same with Dow which is why we never bring him in.

Doch as 5th mid can play the majority of the game at halfback and go onball when we need him to cover rotations. We don't have to move other players out of position to accommodate him.
Clear, well reasoned and exactly what I was thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You blokes should rest Curnow and McKay to make this a fair game 🙃

uk giving GIF

Prioritising a win this week over easing back injured players.

Prioritising a win this week over selection integrity.

Knows a loss this week would be disastrous for himself.

Gameplan or system is non existent so must keep as much talent and experience in the team at all times.
So, we shouldn't bring back two of our most important players if they are ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back