Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We were older than Freo across the field, still plenty of flag players out there. Pickett's been running around all over the ground, sometimes tagging.

Add Sonsie to the list it gets young, Bolton adds class in there, Martin too.

Nank has been down a bit on his trademark attack on oppo for a couple of seasons.

Forward line is our worse line again,...* injury affected

we will a few games but our season is over.
That's why mean/average age isn't a great metric. We had 7 blokes 30+ out there, Freo had 3. Of those 7 (Martin, Grimes, Pickett, Naismith, Broad, McIntosh, Vlastuin) at least 3, maybe 4 (Pickett, McIntosh, Naismith + Grimes) wouldn't be playing without all these injuries.

We had 12 players with less than 50 games experience, Freo had 7.

No to Prestia do we ever learn build his fitness through vfl. We cannot afford to loose a player after a quarter time. How can you select Bauer hasn’t even played a minute in the vfl to get match fitness.

I have been Prestia's biggest critic all year, especially on the podcast as Michaels can attest.

Just need another defensive transition midfielder in. Like it or not, half fit Prestian is still better than what we have and may limit the damage the Dogs midfield can do to us, especially with no Libba.

That's why mean/average age isn't a great metric. We had 7 blokes 30+ out there, Freo had 3. Of those 7 (Martin, Grimes, Pickett, Naismith, Broad, McIntosh, Vlastuin) at least 3, maybe 4 (Pickett, McIntosh, Naismith + Grimes) wouldn't be playing without all these injuries.

We had 12 players with less than 50 games experience, Freo had 7.

Prestia next week makes us older.

trade/delist/retire off 5 or so 30 y.o.s & the demographic goes down.

the club has a tendency to retain players.

May as well select Prestia, he can play, we need him.

One of our core issues is that we haven’t retired any of our older premiership players, we’ve let them leave (retire) on their own terms. We’ve failed to make the tough and timely decisions on these players and it’s been hurting our list development over the last few years. It will happen starting this year but is about 2 years too late.

Dow/Sonsie/McCauliffe to be given a shot and Trezise over Grimes. Unfortunately we don't live in that world.
No. We live in f**king never, never land.

Never drop a premiership player. Never ever.

I have been Prestia's biggest critic all year, especially on the podcast as Michaels can attest.

Just need another defensive transition midfielder in. Like it or not, half fit Prestian is still better than what we have and may limit the damage the Dogs midfield can do to us, especially with no Libba.
Couldn’t be that bigger critic he hasn’t played since r1

One of our core issues is that we haven’t retired any of our older premiership players, we’ve let them leave (retire) on their own terms. We’ve failed to make the tough and timely decisions on these players and it’s been hurting our list development over the last few years. It will happen starting this year but is about 2 years too late.
Houli and likely Edward’s and lambo too

Probably already been mentioned, but:
60+ less disposals. Freo dominating time in possession... Rich lose tackle count by 20. 7 players didn't even lay a tackle for the whole game, 4 of them being our players including the premiership player who only registered 2 disposals for the whole game.

Yesterday was a pure lack of effort. Simple as that. If YZE can't even get that from what he's got, we are in for a world of hurt.

We lost the first 9 rounds of Dimmas first year and everyone was saying we were worst than Fitzroy in their final year. But at least we could see effort back then.

Watching games now, all I see are premiership players not wanting to work hard enough for long enough and young players giving up after running their butts off for 3 quarters. Why we play players like Naismith, Grimes and Pickett are beyond me. Clearly not part of the future and no where near it now. Just play The kids and demand effort. Best we can do at the present time.
Pickett played centre ruck and forward on the weekend. And he obviously hates losing. His efficiency has dropped but I think it’s unfair to question his effort. I would keep him as sub for his versatility. Kmac on the other hand is just clogging the list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a list review coming for sure. Bookmark it. And I'm not misleading at all. You are all the shop. As I have previously stated, last year, our coach walked away mid season. The club was clearly destabilised. You were foaming last season as Dimma was playing his favourites, and then you were foaming as Mini couldn't coach and was more of the same. And we weren't playing enough kids. Now we are forced to play the kids and they're no good. This last 18 months have been a train wreck. Everyone can see it bar a very select few (who I suspect can't see it or acknowledge it).
R1, full team, Carlton just get over us. Since then consistently we have had 6-8 senior players out every week. Take Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, McKay, Williams, Hewett, Acres and Cerra out of Carlton and how many games would they be winning?
Ahh someone, smart enough to realise.

Yze press conferences are like a broken record. Same s**t every week. Our system stacks up but we can't do it for long enough. Baptism of fire

Gotta feel for Yza….wasn’t expecting half the team to be injured

What’s worse is that the core group of senior players we have on the park aren’t all firing together…they play well one week and the next they’re dreaming of retirement

I'd say both just matured rather than stacked on muscle and neither look ripped like the bulk of other teams players. It's like we just ask players to do the bare minimum in the gym instead of pushing gains. Keeping our players lithe obviously isnt helping with injuries.
Dimma was all about endurance running not muscle

I thought Grimes should have retired last year

Prefer to think of him as the champion he was for our club rather than his output this season.

Prefer to think of him as the champion he was for our club rather than his output this season.
To be honest, he wasn't much better last season or the year before. It happened pretty quick unfortunately.

At his best he's probably the best pure defender I've seen play for Richmond.

To be honest, he wasn't much better last season or the year before. It happened pretty quick unfortunately.

At his best he's probably the best pure defender I've seen play for Richmond.
True…I was being generous about his 2023 season…it was mediocre and that should have been the end of it

In his halcyon days…grimes was a Versatile defender playing on very dangerous small or tall forwards ,,,not many players can do that and win the contest consistently …he simply shut them down and created run of the back pocket

Ahh someone, smart enough to realise.
What a load of tripe as the club should never been in this mess if they hadn't screwed up trades, drafted decent players under Clarke and co., Upgraded Louie last year and got rid of the Arsessistants , retired older guys off faster as well as pissing Dimma off after the hub.
Make all the excuses you want and simple one liners, but you need to look deeper as the club has falling in every area from after the 2020 GF. You just don't turn to s**t overnight as this was all visible the minute Dimma was signed up for big bucks compromising other areas of the FD. We made nearly every error possible after the 2020 GF in terms of running as a professional club all bc we put one big a-hole higher than the club.

Last edited:
What a load of tripe as the club should never been in this mess if they hadn't screwed up trades, drafted decent players under Clarke and co., Upgraded Louie last year and got rid of the Arsessistants , retired older guys off faster as well as pissing Dimma off after the hub.
Make all the excuses you want and simple one liners, but you need to look deeper as the club has falling in every area from after the 2020 GF. You just don't turn to s**t overnight as this was all visible the minute Dimma was signed up for big bucks compromising other areas of the FD. We made nearly every error possible after the 2020 GF in terms of running as a professional club all bc we put one big a-hole higher than the club.
Last time I checked this is a review of our game last week and looking at the dogs. I don’t see much of that in your r comments. It’s my view accept it.

Fair enough, but you responded arrogantly to a post ignoring all the facts to why we are in this situation.
Arrogantly really? Think twice about what you are saying. All I did was agree to someone else’s comment. Let’s face it you have a long history of causing issues. Give it a rest.

Back