Rookie Draft Pick 26: Haiden Schloithe

Remove this Banner Ad

Could get in trouble for the sling tackle at AFL level. Especially if he is making 10 tackles a game.

Hayden is a very, very confident young man.

Very much a hyperactive, high octane player much like Mitch Robinson.

He's very slippery and has a great crumbers sense, his kicking at goal needs some work, especially on the run he just needs to compose himself a little more with the sticks in sight.

A burst player at the moment with enough fitness he should be able to cover Ballas forward post over the next year or so allowing the hobbit to push higher up the ground.

No doubt Hayden will push for a midfield post in the coming years, he should some really could signs in the latter half of the season for souths league side plaing a pivotal role in Souths upset win at Arena in his league debut against the then league leaders.

Starting on the bench his second half and third quarter in particular were a standout, simply willed himself into the contest through hard work and defensive pressure.

Sorry, but I disagree with this push for Ballas into the midfield. He was picked up by Fremantle because he won the Sandover medal (largely midfielder's award) in a crap team (Peel) at forward pocket after kicking 75 goals in 2008 (second in the league). Why on earth would you want to take our second best true quality talented forward (after Pav) away from goals. That sounds like Harvey thinking and just plain crazy. WCE did it last year to the Frenchman after he kicked 63 goals the year before in the bottom team, and his output went down to 47 in a top four team. You keep your quality talented goal kickers as close to goals as you can. Never saw Milne or Riew go to the midfield and don't think Lyon will do it at Freo.

He won't be there all of the time. Sometimes we just lacked that explosive pace in the midfield when hill was being tagged out of the game.

Sorry, but I disagree with this push for Ballas into the midfield. He was picked up by Fremantle because he won the Sandover medal (largely midfielder's award) in a crap team (Peel) at forward pocket after kicking 75 goals in 2008 (second in the league). Why on earth would you want to take our second best true quality talented forward (after Pav) away from goals. That sounds like Harvey thinking and just plain crazy. WCE did it last year to the Frenchman after he kicked 63 goals the year before in the bottom team, and his output went down to 47 in a top four team. You keep your quality talented goal kickers as close to goals as you can. Never saw Milne or Riew go to the midfield and don't think Lyon will do it at Freo.

My bad, just saw you spelt Haiden (S.) wrong as in Hayden (B.). I retract my comment in relation to your comment. However, my comment still stands as I have read others suggesting Ballas move into the midfield.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/127164/default.aspx

schloithe246b.jpg

Good size on him
Looks a bit too much like The Chad for my liking - will hopefully get a different haircut or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue with Ballantyne is his history of hamstring and foot injuries. In particular the latter. With the extra workload/running of a midfield role, I hope we don't see Ballantyne coming down with stress fractures and the like.

My issue with Ballantyne is his history of hamstring and foot injuries. In particular the latter. With the extra workload/running of a midfield role, I hope we don't see Ballantyne coming down with stress fractures and the like.

i agree with this. although i think the more obvious point is simply, why not keep your 2nd best forward (or your best forward for that matter ;)) in the most dangerous area of the ground

They identified it as a problem with his running style, though, much like rioli. He and scos spent their time off working on their running techniques.

You're right ....

... Although it is weird that he's been training with the midfield group and not the forwards in training

would love Balla to spend the first few minutes of each quarter on the ball or when the team required a spark but not sure about fulltime mid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back