Rookie Draft Pick 26: Haiden Schloithe

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember a few games in 10 where Balla's was moved into the midfield with good effect. Sandi palmed it to open space on the offensive side and Balla's balance and speed created immediate forward pressure.

He could do short bursts in the mids but otherwise he should be kept in the fwds. We need him there to cause havoc.

I'd read little into it outside of intending to use him as a dangerous stoppage player forward of centre.

That's true, and his most likely role - put him where he's most dangerous. But he'd still be classed amongst the mids even if playing a more attacking role

Yeah, not sure about that. I bet Milne did midfield training with the aim of teaching him how to be dangerous around stoppages. Doesn't mean Milne is a midfielder.

Ballantyne will never be a gun midfielder. As dumb as trying to turn Medhurst into one.

He might never be a gun in there but he's got far more potential as a burst player than Medders ever had.

Seems every time he's shifted into the middle he makes things happen. I remember some pretty handy clearances from him bursting out of the centre over the last couple of years.

Besides, i am pretty sure Balla has played midfield at times for Peel. He will not be learning the position from scratch like Medhurst or Milne would have had to. Maybe a licence to roam, rather than midfield as such.

Yeah, not sure about that. I bet Milne did midfield training with the aim of teaching him how to be dangerous around stoppages. Doesn't mean Milne is a midfielder.

Medhurst was trained for midfield for pretty much the same reasons. Also because revolving a forward line around him wasn't working.

I remember suggesting Ballas should play mid in a thread last year. I still think if his body could hold up he's got all the tools to be one of the best mids in the comp.

He just create's chaos wherever he goes, and personally, I think the midfield is where he can be the most damaging. Couple nice highlights of his midfield work in this vid at 0:32 and 1:22

[youtube]QVbuKhGD7-Q&feature=fvsr[/youtube]

Fyfe, Mora and Ballas should all rotate through mid and forward.

Would be awesome if a Seppo or pb29 type could put together a Ballas highlights vid over the off-season, all his pinching/hair tugging/gut busting runs/freak goals/run-downs together :thumbsu:

I'd still prefer him to only play midfield in bursts, I think our midfield is A) strong enough already and B) the forward line can't afford to lose him.

I remember suggesting Ballas should play mid in a thread last year. I still think if his body could hold up he's got all the tools to be one of the best mids in the comp.

He just create's chaos wherever he goes, and personally, I think the midfield is where he can be the most damaging. Couple nice highlights of his midfield work in this vid at 0:32 and 1:22

[youtube]QVbuKhGD7-Q&feature=fvsr[/youtube]

Fyfe, Mora and Ballas should all rotate through mid and forward.

Man, I miss Morabito. Kid's a freakish ability for his size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping B-alla is at Pav's feet, and that those feet are predominantly in the forward 50

Personally, many Mooi's, I would like to see Balla occasionally get a run up the ground if we need a spark. He seems to be able to break the game open better than just about any other player we have in the team.

Yeah, they edited it down. There was a section where Mayne was ribbing him about his first day of training. Apparently he parked his car in Pav's space and he also had West Coast number plates on.

I also heard that before Christmas while I was watching them train.

Why was PAV 's parking Bay vacant ?

So any chance of this kid getting a second chance? kid has dominated in the WAFL in some games this year.

What were the reasons he was delisted?
Was just thinking this. Been playing pretty well this year and it would be good to see him get another chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back