Preview Round 1 - Fremantle vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I should really be studying but..

yALJ4D.gif

You must be getting pumped mate, how's the confidence level of the dockers brethren over there?
Not good, the ones I've spoken to are already sewing the seeds of reasons why they'll lose. They're definitely worried about our forward line.

Lot of top end agers in the top 6 this year

Players 29 and over in premiership season:

Fremantle
Mcpharlin 33
Pavlich 33
Sandilands 32
Crowley* 31
Johnson 30
Duffield 30
Mundey 29 and 8 months
Sylvia 29
Griffin 29
Dawson 29
Mzungu 29
Pearce 28 and 11 months

Geelong
Enright 33
Johnson 31 and 8 months
Bartel 31
Kelly 31
Lonergan 30 and 10 months
Mackie 30
McIntosh 30
Rivers 30
Stokes 30
Taylor 28 and 9 months

Hawthorn
Lake 33
Mitchell 32
Burgoyne 32
Gibson 31
Hale 30 and 10 months
Hodge 30 and 9 months
Lewis 28 and 10 months

North Melbourne
Harvey 36 and 10 months
Petrie 32
Waite 32
Firrito 31
Dal Santo 31
Wells 30
Grima* 29 and 7 months

Port Adelaide
Cornes 32 and 2 months
Schulz 30 (close enough)
Logan* 29 and 8 months

Sydney
Goodes 35
Shaw 33
Richards 32
Pyke 30 and 11 months
McVeigh 29 and 11 months
McGlynn 29
Grundy 28 and 9 months
You left out the 74 year old Dustin Fletcher :)

Not good, the ones I've spoken to are already sewing the seeds of reasons why they'll lose. They're definitely worried about our forward line.

I'm getting similar responses from the Dockers supporters I work with, the fear is strong over here.

That semi final win last year was a very weird feeling. I had my doubts about us winning all week, and I was just extremely satisfied with what we did to Richmond the week before, so I guess I wasn't really phased. On the morning of the game, I was sick as a dog! Spent the majority of the day in bed and I just couldn't get motivated for the game.

For me personally, it felt a little hollow and almost as if I couldn't claim anything from the win as I had my doubts (even tipped Freo!!! :oops:) and I wasn't really motivated on game day. But it was epic...nevertheless :D

I'm confident we'll win, but we also respect the quality of the opposition

You won't find us banging on about how we're going to smash anyone, we're a bit more humble than that ;)
We're going to smash you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confident we'll win, but we also respect the quality of the opposition

You won't find us banging on about how we're going to smash anyone, we're a bit more humble than that ;)
Gonna be a ripper first-up clash for these two clubs. The two teams have respect for each other, and IMO so do the two supporter bases. So I am going to echo that! I am confident that Port can beat Freo, BUT, beware the wounded lion - and in his own territory!

Cant wait!

A bit more humble this time than last time ;)

Depends on who you talk to really :) We have a healthy respect for Sydney, Hawthorn, Port, Geelong, and generally speaking - you'll rarely see our supporters on other boards being dicks. The only team we actively disrespect are West Coast - just because :p and if you ever drop by our games, check out the reception Boomer Harvey gets ;)

Gonna be a ripper first-up clash for these two clubs. The two teams have respect for each other, and IMO so do the two supporter bases. So I am going to echo that! I am confident that Port can beat Freo, BUT, beware the wounded lion - and in his own territory!

Cant wait!

Agree :) Either way it will be a cracking game - really looking forward to it

For mine their premiership window is still open. Perhaps only just at this point in time, but it hasn't shut.

We are definitely the underdogs in this game but not by that much.

So nervous to start this season. Not just because we have a monster round 1 game, or because of our ridiculous start to the season, but because of what we went through last year, all the hype that has been around and because we are truly good enough to be top 4 side but a terrible start to the year could cripple us.

I can't handle posts like Janus's to open this thread with all the positivity and big talking confidence, that sort of stuff goes against my superstitions and I just hope that sort of thinking and the raving about us in the media doesn't come back to bite us.

The bookies have got the odds right I reckon, Freo $1.80, Port $2.00, is not a surprise. I think Freo should be the favs, and realistically on their home deck they should win this game 6-7 times out of 10. They are a top notch side and will be there again at the pointy end of the season.

For me I'm just going to have my fingers and toes crossed that we can get off to the start we need this season and pinch the win. I dont care how we do it, I will just remain hopeful that the boys can get it done. Either way we just need to get this season underway so my nervousness and trepidation can at least be countered by some football!

Come on boys, get the job done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back