Round 1 looks full of upsets

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked it when Griggs polled more votes than Murphy, Gibbs and Simpson a few years ago

Pretty easy to get votes when he can do what he wants and get the easy kicks. Bloke wouldn't know what a contested possession was. Seagull of the highest order.

Pretty easy to get votes when he can do what he wants and get the easy kicks. Bloke wouldn't know what a contested possession was. Seagull of the highest order.
Not all players need to be contested ball winners, you need outside runners. Saying that though Grigg is a s**t little seagull who will soon be on the way out.
I heard Carlton were very keen to get him back for their tilt at the flag next year

I said Blues unlikely to make finals, they might always a chance but it's slim. Melbourne have no chance at all 15th-17th finish

Not that your club cares, most likely get another priority pick with it
Hahaha, a Carlton supporter having a go at another team for getting priority picks?! I've heard it all! If there was a poll for most delusional supporter base, Carlton would have to be right up there after Essendon.

That's okay though. You're clearly still just offended those pathetic Melbourne Demons beat your mob comfortably last year. :)

What does that say about your coaching staff voting on the B&F?

its fascinating that on the back of a full strength Port running over the top of a severely depleted Freo last September (after Freo spanked them in the first half) has seen Port now rated a better side in most of the minds here. I don't say its necessarily wrong but its not a view that takes into account much more than one quarter of footy.

When Port had half the injuries we did (in September) to their backline (in the middle of the year) they lost about 5 games in a row.
Quoted for truth.

Tigers def Blues
Suns def Dees
Swans def Bombers
Lions vs Pies- Will wait for teams before making the call, my gut says Lion and the heart says Pies.
Eagles vs Dogs - as above
Giants def Saints
Roos vs Crows I think this will be closer than everyone thinks, Roos are overrated and will be lucky to equal what they did last year.
Power vs Dockers - Too close to call even with seeing the teams.
Hawks def Cats

Tigers def Blues
Suns def Dees
Swans def Bombers
Lions vs Pies- Will wait for teams before making the call, my gut says Lion and the heart says Pies.
Eagles vs Dogs - as above
Giants def Saints
Roos vs Crows I think this will be closer than everyone thinks, Roos are overrated and will be lucky to equal what they did last year.
Power vs Dockers - Too close to call even with seeing the teams.
Hawks def Cats
Not sure how we can be overrated when no one thinks we'll be any good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do. Richmonds list is paper thin.

And nothing is more certain this season than Hardwick getting the sack.

As I have said before I expect Richmond to pump Carlton (60+).

It's a bit like Richmond having sex for the first time. They were on their way to doing it last season but, as with all new and wonderful endeavours, there was a hint of nervousness. So Richmond blew its load early. There will be no such nervousness this time around. And boy will Carlton cop it.

Furthermore, Carlton's list is (somehow) actually worse than last year's edition.

Round 1 traditionally throws up a lot of unexpected results and is very hard to predict. Every team has a different squad to the previous year and an extra preseason under their belt.

Have no doubt this year will be no different. There's always a few GWS beating Sydney type surprises.

Round 1 traditionally throws up a lot of unexpected results and is very hard to predict. Every team has a different squad to the previous year and an extra preseason under their belt.

Have no doubt this year will be no different. There's always a few GWS beating Sydney type surprises.

For Demons to beat Suns feel lots need to go right for you

I think they have better balanced side and Demons will need to forget that usual defensive game play and be a little more creative but few surprises do happen but don't believe Demons will be gifted this game

Every year I get excited about the possibility of a round 1 win then every year it turns out just like the title of this thread and I'm UPSET!

That said at least this year we shouldn't be favourites like we have been for silly reasons the last 3 years.

Personally I'd rather play a good team or an away game in round 1 and have a bit of a free hit at it. Just play hard and tough and see how physical we can be against a good team and see if we can get a result. The AFL often try to do us a favour in round 1 so a loss ends up a double blow. This year I think they've said here have a potentially winnable round 1 game whilst really giving the Gold Coast a nice hit out to start with an away win and be on track to make the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back