Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxley is in, nice. It's suicide having Williams, Sinclair, Toovey, Frost, Brown in the same defence.

Think we're playing one too many defenders though. I'd replace Ramsay or Sinclair with Kennedy or Karnezis

Ramsay sub?

Scratching my head to why Oxley and Ramsay get a gig ahead of BK and Broomy

Oxley and Ramsay are defenders whilst the other two are forwards.

no broomhead...
Understandable because he was poor in the NAB cup games. Reward form for the youngsters. Has plenty of time to get back, head down in the VFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely too many defenders. Frost, Brown, Williams, Langdon, Toovey, Sinclair, Oxley and Ramsay. Then Goldsack and Blair as defensive forwards. That's half the team as a dedicated defence. Far too many.

Ox and Ramsay in with BK only as am emergency and Broomhead not even in the picture is really kinda worrying.

Weather is meant to be wet? Brisbane has an underrated forward line. McStay will be handy. They will rely on mids to kick goals too. Hopefully a hard fort out game!

Let's turn this s**t week around!

Gooeyfordegoey go pies!

Would of liked to see gaultand karneis in that forward line, why we persist with Blair and Goldsack in he same side? I just don't understand.

Shocking call.
Game over is a shocking call but that back line is a stinker! Tell me out of those names, who can kick? Sinclair might have improved a touch but Williams, Frost, Brown and Toovey, I cringe to think they'll be responsible for rebounding the ball back into out attacking areas. Langdon makes it better but still...yuck!

Game over is a shocking call but that back line is a stinker! Tell me out of those names, who can kick? Sinclair might have improved a touch but Williams, Frost, Brown and Toovey, I cringe to think they'll be responsible for rebounding the ball back into out attacking areas. Langdon makes it better but still...yuck!

Oxley can kick. Is even a better kick than Langdon.

We've picked a team based on the opposition, which sort of shows where we are at.

A lot of small and medium defenders (overload really) to cover the Lions strength, their goal kicking midfielders.

Time will tell if it's the right selection but the best sides don't select sides reactively, they select their best 22 and go bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back