Toast Round 10 = Collingwood 78-74 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn't have Checkers and we won't have him or McInnes next week. Kreuger either comes into the side, or I am going to perform a self castration, package up my testicles and send them into the club, letting them know that I am sacrificing them because the club is in desperate need of decent sized set.
I reckon Ed Allan will come in for Reef .. unless of course Mohocek gets up..

View attachment 1992629
This is the goal review footage of Schultz' (2nd?) goal. What is deemed the inside edge of the goal line: is it the back edge of the post or is it the back edge of the padding? I saw this live and thought it would be given "touched" but the goal review people showed the frame after, where the defender appears to touch the ball half a meter behind the goal line.
The replay from the other angle confirmed that he didn’t touch the ball until the next frame, it’s not that hard to understand.

I don't think the club realised how good he could be when he returned home. It's with Adelaide that he has become a regular defender, not us. He is another one who got away.
I have a feeling he burned some bridges with the way he left the club.

He bounced early. Like some players do and then ran too far and didn’t bounce again. Good call from the ump but I’ve seen worse than that let go.
Ah there you go I actually didn’t notice the first bounce and haven’t seen a replay. Thanks

Posted this on main board... Surprised no one has mentioned that THIS is the destination of Rankine's final kick. Not only was it not marked by a Crows player, Tay Walker was holding Moore's arm to reduce his impact on the contest. It was fleeting but it was there. This is what I thought the free was for.

1000011556.jpg

It’s funny how whenever we win a close game the narrative in the media is that we won through a controversial umpiring decision.They never give us credit for winning these close games,it’s always luck in their minds.And the Rankine decision shouldn’t have been controversial anyway.He ran almost 25 metres for god’s sake.

Hats off to our coaching staff. We were literally minus our entire forward line by the end of the game.

Good sides find a way to win and we know how important these wins are come the business end of the year.

Good sides cop injuries, get on with it and find a way to win. It's called having an elite system. Players know their role.

Other teams, cop injuries and can't cover it because they're poorly coached (that navy blue team).

We take the 4 points and the 4 points and move on.
It gets us inside the eight.
Onward and upward!

Posted this on main board... Surprised no one has mentioned that THIS is the destination of Rankine's final kick. Not only was it not marked by a Crows player, Tay Walker was holding Moore's arm to reduce his impact on the contest. It was fleeting but it was there. This is what I thought the free was for.

View attachment 1992655
Didn’t the ball come to ground as well? I’m still not sure where Adelaide was kicking the goal from with 12s left in a heavily contested 50

Ok performance, we throw a few up now and then and you take the 4 points and forget about this one.

I understand your perspective but from where I sit Adelaide played very well and the Pies did a great job to win given the starting line-up and the 2 in-game injuries.

"OK performance" doesn't accurately describe what took place today.

They were both immense, please don’t talk down a 41 disposal, 22 contested possession, 14 clearance, 7 score involvement game just because his kicking was off. You can talk Josh up without talking Nick down.

This.

Appreciate both for what they do. Josh was huge but Nick since going full time inside mid has been the best player in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling he burned some bridges with the way he left the club.
100% agree.
Don’t think the club was happy to accept him back after he just walked out.

Despite the fact I think he’s become very good and serviceable. I understand the clubs view.

Just saw that.
Firstly, puts to bed any arguments.
Secondly; I wonder how many in anny game of football are 20+ that should be called?

…suspect this will trigger a “review” and change of rules as it was proven to be so obvious.

The 'ran too far' they need to clamp down on is from kick outs. Players run out of the square and waltz 30 odd metres and it's never called.

The reality is, Rankine clearly ran too far. Excuses are for losers.

The 'ran too far' they need to clamp down on is from kick outs. Players run out of the square and waltz 30 odd metres and it's never called.

The reality is, Rankine clearly ran too far. Excuses are for losers.
He ran further earlier in the game and it wasn’t called!!

AFL will “clamp down” on this now it’s been highlighted!
Could call about 20 per game at this rate!!!!

And yes….excuses are for losers :)

A carefully contrived 4 point winning margin today - exactly double the margin the last time we played the Crows … which in turn was exactly double our previous winning margin against them.

I’m looking forward to a crushing 8 point annihilation of them next time we meet.

Can't wait to the fourth game against them.

Played half a quarter of great pressure footy. The rest of the game was frustrating to watch.

Thankfully, our defense was great in general

Nick, JFN, JDG, Pendles, Cameron all great. Reef and HH will be players. Markov will be saved by injuries
Have you not been watching Collingwood over the past two years? That was textbook. Pace themselves for long stretches and then when it’s time to “ play the moments” you have the fitness and talent to do that. Especially important when you are down on cattle. It’s not as if we gave up a significant lead, crows are a good side and were on our hammer all afternoon.

Missed Mihocek, we win that easily with Checkers. Bloody glad the ump finally had the guts to call Rankin for running too far. Forget Collingwood being lucky, Rankin and the crows were lucky they got away with other 20-25m runs earlier in the match.

Checkers, McCreery, Elliott, Howe, Mitchell etc.

I'm rapt that some of our young inexperienced lads got to live the Collingwood close win. If that's not a motivator to keep doing what they need to stay in the side, then i don't know what is.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back