Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 103-37 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not justifying it. But the penalty is too severe.

There was no malice or ill intent.
Malice or ill intent is irrelevant. If the contact is not allowed, it's not allowed.

You don't go around touching other people without their consent just because you want a feel, do you? No malice or ill intent hey? It just looked nice so I wanted to touch it..

No means no. Don't touch means don't touch.

It's a pretty simple concept.

Malice or ill intent is irrelevant. If the contact is not allowed, it's not allowed.

You don't go around touching other people without their consent just because you want a feel, do you? No malice or ill intent hey? It just looked nice so I wanted to touch it..

No means no. Don't touch means don't touch.

It's a pretty simple concept.
This simple world you live in must be so nice.

One of the best characteristics of our game is that it’s generally safe - for fans to be, to take our kids, for players on the field to be protected from fans. We don’t have high fences, we don’t let off flares, we can’t invade the pitch.

The guy who has been suspended did not mean any harm to the player (although the fact that we were smashing WC may have helped his mood).

But the rule is there for the bigger picture. We can’t have physical interaction between players and fans during a game.

After a game, when the successful team goes to the fence and high fives fans is different - many players seek this out and love it. It’s also in their control.

When the WC player found himself on the fence during play - and had a Pies fan take the ball from him and ruffle his hair - was not something he sought. He should not have had to deal with that. It just shouldn’t happen.
Yep - that’s it, the crux of issue both begins with this, and ends with this.

It’s a ‘thin edge of the wedge’ situation and the AFL probably are not wrong in the penalty, purely from the importance of deterrence in regards to these sorts of actions - as unfortunate as the fan, who probably only had wholesome intentions, is.

The boundary between the crowd and players at the stadium is an important safety barrier and the standards get pretty hazy if the league’s authorities are too liberal on conduct like this.

Otherwise, they are leaving themselves exposed to being one (inevitable) aggressive messy altercation between a player and fan from a total pubic sh*tshow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I posed a hypothetical situation. Be honest and answer it.
An attractive woman doing the same thing does not get looked at.
I already answered it. It’s not my problem if you can’t accept the logical and realistic answer to your question.

It’s a ‘thin edge of the wedge’ situation and the AFL probably are not wrong in the penalty, purely from the importance of deterrence in regards to these sorts of actions - as unfortunate as the fan, who probably only had wholesome intentions, is.

The boundary between the crowd and players at the stadium is an important safety barrier and the standards get pretty hazy if the league’s authorities are too liberal on conduct like this.

Otherwise, they are leaving themselves exposed to being one (inevitable) aggressive messy altercation between a player and fan from a total pubic sh*tshow.
Yeah but the size of the penalty doesn't make a difference. We're not talking about a rational thought out decision where the pros and cons were weighed up, so why give a big penalty unless it's getting closer to the thick edge of the wedge.

i was level 2, 2nd row, pretty happy with these considering how dark it is in there!

*there are no 3rd quarter pics, i was celebrating in a bar with my youngest daughter and friends - my eldest rocked up to my place an hour before we left for the game to tell me Shes engaged!!! best mothers day present! Hes a real gem!! cheers Go Pies!!

link to full album!

future GOAT goal

Lovin Sully, He's like a sherman tank!

perfect pass to Finn

whole tackle in the link, lovin Josh's passion

blow the ****ing whistle!

I thought Darcy was brilliant, but his most brilliant play ever was still stealing Daryl horses!!

the absolute team player

poetry in motion

Baby joes first goal

kids everywhere!

arsehole!

not smart by that weagle!

Standard strip show rules. They can touch you but you can’t touch the Jack the Rippers. It’s a social construct.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I already answered it. It’s not my problem if you can’t accept the logical and realistic answer to your question.
Should he have touched the player?
No.
Did he deserve the penalty?
No.
Too severe.

Yeah but the size of the penalty doesn't make a difference. We're not talking about a rational thought out decision where the pros and cons were weighed up, so why give a big penalty unless it's getting closer to the thick edge of the wedge.
Of course it makes a difference, what bizarre logic. If the penalty for streaking (which for all intents and purposes is as harmless as what old mate did) was $100 and not $10k do you think we’d see such infrequent occurrences of it? The penalty is harsh because it’s designed as a deterrent. Nobody wants to lose $10k, just like nobody wants to be banned from the footy for a year. It’s not that hard to understand.

Of course it makes a difference, what bizarre logic. If the penalty for streaking (which for all intents and purposes is as harmless as what old mate did) was $100 and not $10k do you think we’d see such infrequent occurrences of it? The penalty is harsh because it’s designed as a deterrent. Nobody wants to lose $10k, just like nobody wants to be banned from the footy for a year. It’s not that hard to understand.
Streaking is a conscious thought out decision. It's different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back