Toast Round 12 = West Coast 57-120 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to some stat experts this week, it seems they would have rated our Premiership chances higher had we lost today - and maybe a couple of others. Dominant teams half way through the year haven't won the flag that often in recent years.

Lunacy. And shows that just looking at numbers can blind you to reality.

I don't believe we're the clear flag favourites, but we're definitely a good chance. Banking wins early is what any club wants, and we've banked the most.

I would argue we have the most room for improvement out of any of the contenders. Some fairly handy players to return.

We seem to have a far more well rounded game compared to last year. We have gears that most sides can't go with but can play tempo when forced to by the opposition.

We well and truly deserve favourtism right now, doesn't mean we go on to win it but if we can finish top 2 then we'll be extremely hard to hold out. No team will want to be playing us at the G in September.

The bounce of the ball was like a trampoline on the surface today . Nick D benefited with his first goal, Darcy got done in later with one over his head.
The ground seemed rock hard and every second contest had a turned ankle or someone wincing in pain from the impact. I wonder if the eagles injury woes correlate to the state of the ground?

Yeah that surface is a joke. How does a state of the art stadium like that have such a woeful surface.

just be glad that Mcgovern wasn't playing,its unreal that the eagles senior players finally turn up after being pathetic all year.Mcgovern always saves something special for us.As for Sheed's coment,what a tool,like a bump gone wrong as never happened before. Take the 4pts and get out of there.

Here’s a couple of clowns

Doesn't matter that he is 18.

Once they are playing they are just like every other player.

Nick Daicos anyone.

Great day at Optus with son and brother.
started with a few pre game beers at the bar outside the ground. Shared a table with a bunch of supporters over from Melbourne, was fantastic so hi if that was any of you peoples.
team definitely plays two styles, 2 and 3 qtrs we guarded territory and tackling intensity dropped off. Change it up and run away with it. Was amazing to see nick play, I get the hype now. What an appetite for the game he has.
had a good view of jordy’s bump and immediately thought 4 weeks, unnecessary.
last qtr 2 leg injuries and Darcy was immediately benched for the remainder, good call Mr.Fly
still can’t stand eagles fans

yeah, handballing across his body while running the other way into a collingwood player he could see coming
Its a risk you take when you bump, so ultimately its on jordy
but I think more experienced players dont really leave themselves exposed in the same way, and jordy would have been expecting the kid to brace for impact to a degree.
I think its a contributing factor to why he got him flat in the face
Do you seriously think Jordie expected the kid to brace for impact? I doubt that he had any thought in his head other than connecting hard with the guy's head on the way through. I love De Goey as a player, but Cornes was right in saying the guy has found a means to upset nearly every season and has not achieved what might be expected of a player of his talent at age 27.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you seriously think Jordie expected the kid to brace for impact? I doubt that he had any thought in his head other than connecting hard with the guy's head on the way through. I love De Goey as a player, but Cornes was right in saying the guy has found a means to upset nearly every season and has not achieved what might be expected of a player of his talent at age 27.
Get a grip

If I cop abuse again I'm not responding. I've changed.
All for a laugh and don’t not hold any grudges against anyone.
Match day usually involves alcohol.
Enough said
I just find reading game day threads incredibly frustrating and so damn negative...despite the fact that we're usually winning 🙄

He looks bigger this year. I reckon he was just getting used to the new rig.
His last two weeks have been excellent.

He mentioned in an interview earlier in the year that he had put on some size during the off-season. I think it has helped his one on one aerial contests, but as noted, he hasn't been as smooth or efficient with the ball beneath his knees.

I already know it. I don't normally read them. I only made this mistake once because I wasn't at the game. Don't worry. Never, ever, again.
I find them more amusing after the game rather than during it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back