Preview Round 11: Carlton v Essendon, Friday 7th June 7:50pm, MCG - Team post #834

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or am I the only one thinking that Levi should be aiming at far post every time he has a shot?
Levi's problem is he stands directly upright on his run In and remains basically upright as he kicks, therefore making his ball drop come from a too high position. This gives the ball too much time to move by the time it's hit his foot.
I can't believe none of our goal kicking coaches haven't got him to lean over more during his run in and maintain it through his kicking action.
This should have been addressed 2 pre seasons ago and definitely should have been addressed with a new coach.

But we did beat Brisbane in Brisbane, a significantly harder proposition that beating them in Melbourne, which you failed to do. We also beat GWS by 94 points, and yet you could only beat them by 39 points.
We only lost to Geelong by 17 points, yet you lost to them by 28 points.

Want me to keep going with some more irelevant stats, or should I quit whilst I am way out in front?

:rolleyes:

Your not really way out infront though mate, We beat Richmond, you didnt, We beat collingwood, you didnt, We beat St Kilda, you didnt. As for margins well pfffft but we did beat melbourne by 25 goals and you beat them by 10.

Your not really way out infront though mate, We beat Richmond, you didnt, We beat collingwood, you didnt, We beat St Kilda, you didnt. As for margins well pfffft but we did beat melbourne by 25 goals and you beat them by 10.

*Wooosh*

Straight through to the keeper.

But we did beat Brisbane in Brisbane, a significantly harder proposition that beating them in Melbourne, which you failed to do. We also beat GWS by 94 points, and yet you could only beat them by 39 points.
We only lost to Geelong by 17 points, yet you lost to them by 28 points.

Want me to keep going with some more irelevant stats, or should I quit whilst I am way out in front?

:rolleyes:

How about this stat then, Carlton have beaten West coast, Adelaide, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Brisbane and GWS!! How many of them will make the 8??

Can somebody please photoshop an Essendon player getting jabbed lol
David+Hille+Essendon+Bombers+Training+Session+Thcp9MlHHD9l.jpg

This is it? This is the extent of your debating skills? What are you, 12?

How about this stat then, Carlton have beaten West coast, Adelaide, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Brisbane and GWS!! How many of them will make the 8??

Every chance you can add another team to that grouping on Friday night and ask the same question.

Don't know about this game but we'll be fielding a pretty good team at Simmonds on Sunday.
There will be no emergencies held back and we'll hopefully see McInnes in, for his first game of the year.

Every chance you can add another team to that grouping on Friday night and ask the same question.

Don't know about this game but we'll be fielding a pretty good team at Simmonds on Sunday.
There will be no emergencies held back and we'll hopefully see McInnes in, for his first game of the year.

Does McInnes playing mean that Bell is no longer a nominated Rookie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got me there Big Sim.

Maybe McInnes won't play until next week, being the halfway point of the year allowing another rookie to be nominated.

I just don't know for sure and will need to familiarize myself with the rules.

Once McInnes is taken off the LTI list, Bell resumes his place on the rookie list and becomes unavailable for selection.

However we can elevate a rookie for the second half of the season so he has a chance to gain elevation almost immediately. Not sure we'll give him the green light over Cachia though.

cant wait for this month of footy! will knock off the Jabbers(ess) and Collingwood and give Sydney a good crack! then what else are the opposition gonna say? oo were in a form slump thats the only reason why you knock us off blah blah blah

Also some ripper jokes on the Essendon board comparing Stk's small forwards to the likes of ours, will be a big wake up call if they treat them the same :)

Once McInnes is taken off the LTI list, Bell resumes his place on the rookie list and becomes unavailable for selection.

However we can elevate a rookie for the second half of the season so he has a chance to gain elevation almost immediately. Not sure we'll give him the green light over Cachia though.

If Cachia gets the nod over Bell for Friday night and does a good job in the game you would have to think that the elevation is his.

Don't know if any of us foresaw this scenario...

Levi's problem is he stands directly upright on his run In and remains basically upright as he kicks, therefore making his ball drop come from a too high position. This gives the ball too much time to move by the time it's hit his foot.
I can't believe none of our goal kicking coaches haven't got him to lean over more during his run in and maintain it through his kicking action.
This should have been addressed 2 pre seasons ago and definitely should have been addressed with a new coach.
He seems to being kicking goals in the 2s...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back