Preview Round 11 v Port Adelaide MCG Sunday May 28th 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As opposed to all the marks Miller has been taking? 1 mark in 3 of his last 4 games. Ryan will get a rest with the bye
Ryan was exhausted by quarter time last week and provided absolutely nothing . Miller's role wasn't to take marks , but to be a decoy for Jack and to hit contests and open up the game for our small forwards. That's why we beat GEELONG with him and lost to Essendon without him.

Ryan was exhausted by quarter time last week and provided absolutely nothing . Miller's role wasn't to take marks , but to be a decoy for Jack and to hit contests and open up the game for our small forwards. That's why we beat GEELONG with him and lost to Essendon without him.
Come on TI. Don't let logic and facts get the better of you.

How do we think the players respond? Will we be fired up or a bit lacklustre?
Been thinking about that since Yesterday and I’m still not really certain myself. As one part of me says Dimma was unable to get the playing group up. Does that imply they’re not good enough? Then the other part of me says the players weren’t playing for Dimma anymore. Which could mean we will improve.

Expected rain on Sunday.

We go tall with tylar and Ben and port bring in 4 smalls.
No Marshall or Dixon. I reckon Vlustuin gets up from his corkie, and still has another 3 days.
I know its not the final team but no need to bring in young and miller. Would've brought in another speedy goal kicking type, oh Cumberland anyone?

Ins: Ben Miller, Sam Banks,Tylar Young
Ins: Hugh Jackson,Jase Burgoyne,Junior Rioli,Lachie Jones
after reading this now Im melting more

thats what dimma used to do, select a dry weather team for a wet day

get farrked

I know we have some injuries lynch, gibcus, tarant, hopper and rioli jnr but Port has some key outs also, Marshall and Dixon plus Jonas at back.

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Travis BoakRibsTest
Charlie DixonQuadTest
Xavier DuursmaKnee5-7 weeks
Orazio FantasiaQuad1 week
Mitch GeorgiadesKneeSeason
Tom JonasSuspensionRound 12
Todd MarshallConcussionTest
more confident when we play full sides, we play better, turn to shite when we play teams that have injuries

Same terrible decisions all year. They have given up any new inspiration.
Well here's your chance to make a difference throw your hat in the ring,,apply for the head coaching job at Richmond,,I'm sure you will have a great chance of succeeding

tho i did shed a couple of tiny tears, one each eye to be exact-

i was not surprised or all that spewing really

when dimma fled the sinking ship

cos what had become all too, and heartbreakingly i might add, apparent was that we had become scared to lose because of a mistake

that is the complete opposite of how our system won flags.

no CUMDAWG <3 doesn't sing a reverberating thrum of freaking FEARLESSNESS which is WHAT WE NEED right, especially right now

bring cumbo into the team or gagf kwalter

edit:fixed it

Last edited:
tho i did shed a couple of tiny tears, one each eye to be exact-

i was not surprised or all that spewing really

when dimma fled the sinking ship

cos what had become all too, and heartbreakingly i might add, apparent was that we had become scared to lose because of a mistake

that is the complete opposite of how our system won flags.

no CUMDAWG <3 doesn't sing a reverberating thrum of freaking FEARLESSNESS which is WHAT WE NEED right, especially right now

bring cumbo into the team or gagf kwalter

edit:fixed it
I look forward to your posts as you’re not only entertaining, but you do have a message hidden within them. Keep thinking outside the four walls good fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do we think the players respond? Will we be fired up or a bit lacklustre?
Impossible to tell. Similar to the Geelong game, we're probably playing Port at a good time with a few of their key players out so you never know.

They are definitely not as good away from home.

Impossible to tell. Similar to the Geelong game, we're probably playing Port at a good time with a few of their key players out so you never know.

They are definitely not as good away from home.
Hey Hoosy are you brave enough to pick a winner and margin or you’d prefer to wait for a final team and weather conditions? I’m at the latter on this as I don’t know which Richmond will turn up let alone the weather. 😂

Hey Hoosy are you brave enough to pick a winner and margin or you’d prefer to wait for a final team and weather conditions? I’m at the latter on this as I don’t know which Richmond will turn up let alone the weather. 😂
Yeah, let's have a go TI. Tigers to hunt Port and take the game on. As usual we'll leave 5-6 goals on the park but win anyway by 4-5 goals.

I'm going against my natural pessimistic instincts on this one, obviously. Plus the old law of averages is ready for a Port loss. They could still be in love with themselves after beating the godeees (in Adelaide).

Yeah, let's have a go TI. Tigers to hunt Port and take the game on. As usual we'll leave 5-6 goals on the park but win anyway by 4-5 goals.

I'm going against my natural pessimistic instincts on this one, obviously.
I’m going a Tiger win on the back of heavy rain and Cumberland a late in for Jack and does bugger all as usual. Mini will be coaching on the boundary wearing a long black coat just like the old times . The match will be a hard contested slogfest with blood shed from post to post of opposite ends of the ground. Banks is subbed into the game early in the last at the expense of Noah and with his first kick in AFL footy kicks a goal with his opposite foot after Butters fingers has a shit your pants moment. Richmond hits the front for the first time in the game. There is no further score in the game and Richmond wins its first encounter by under a goal since I don’t know when bc it’s been so Fxxking long.
Final score RFC 1.0.6 to PA 0.1.1.

Last edited:
I think we might be a little flat.

The news of Dimma leaving is a bit of a shock, and with that being the case and not really leaving in a way in which the players 'can prove him / anyone wrong'. I don't see why we'd be fired up.

I think we might be a little flat.

The news of Dimma leaving is a bit of a shock, and with that being the case and not really leaving in a way in which the players 'can prove him / anyone wrong'. I don't see why we'd be fired up.
First time you’ve made a flat post like this for a long time mate. I think it was after the 18 PF loss. I believe the club hit its lowest point last week since 2016 so thinking about it more positively we can only go up now.

Last edited:
Still no Cumbo? I guess Dimma didn’t have a personal agenda after all
I have a feeling that McQualter is a bit of a Dimma replacement and has the same approach and thoughts.

I dont think we'll see the on field change that we might have hoped

I have a feeling that McQualter is a bit of a Dimma replacement and has the same approach and thoughts.

I dont think we'll see the on field change that we might have hoped
Mentioned this in the Cumberland thread that KDH assistants were all clones of him. It's terrific having one Dimma, but having anther four like him is detrimental to any FD. I want a group of people who can each individually bring in new ideas of their own so they can build a strong FD and football team that will win us more premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back