Review Round 13, 2015 - Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide

Who were your five best players for the round 13 game against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We just breakdown in key areas of the game for long periods of the game and if the opposition are half decent they punish us and win comfortably.

How long have the lions not been able to run out the game in the 4th quarter. just curious

Schache! ;)

But seriously, we showed 3 quarters of guts and determination but ran out of gas in the end.

Andrews and Clarke are the future at back.

Great effort, good job boys.

I would have taken this result before the start of the game...BUT we had this in the bag and didn't have the balls to go on with it.

I don't know if it was balls, the intensity had been there. They just looked spent. Couldn't keep up the intensity for four quarters so movement stopped and started taking silly or seemingly easy options and just broke down.

Piss off Aish and don't come back. Three second half touches, doesn't jump to touch it on the line and doesn't apply any pressure to Betts walking into an open goal.

NEAFL for the rest of the year and then we trade you for a new washing machine. Overrated!

Fitness also meant that players were very stationary instead of getting open which led to some poor decisions.
I tend to feel it was more about not getting reward for effort earlier in the quarter when we were bombing it long into 50. Once the Crows started putting on the pressure we struggled to keep up the intensity. If we'd kicked one early in that quarter it might have been a different result, maybe.

Last half was rubbish. Contested footy and ball movement fell apart.

Hopefully guys like Reddo and Zorko can continue their form

Biggest positive for me is the proactive coaching which really paid off in the first half. Zorko off half back worked really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez that one is hard to swallow. The effort for three quarters was just great but * me if we didnt have them on toast and let then off the hook.

So many gobsmackingly unforgivable turnovers when we were steaming through the middle in attack. We let them off the hook.

something at the back of my mind is telling me we should try to keep aish. I just feel that if aish has a crap season for us (such as this year) and gets traded away, he'll be one of the greatest players at his new club.

Bitterly disappointing but I think tomorrow once I'm steaming a bit less about it I'll realise it was an excellent effort for 3 quarters.

Some good signs from players who have been down as of late - thought Zorko, Leuey, Redden and Rich all had reasonably strong games. Liked Bourke showing some little signs up forward even if he drifted away. Robbo's effort was outstanding.

Fitness and skills fell to bits in the last. Thought Paparone had an absolute mare after a run of good games. Aish's second half was poor after a decent start. Cutler was really poor coming on as the sub.

Disappointing result, but a great effort in the 1st half. We had it won but we let them back into in in the last quarter. Their confidence was absolutely shot.
Hard to be too disappointed after our performance last week, though.

I would have taken this result before the start of the game...BUT we had this in the bag and didn't have the balls to go on with it.
Not sure it was balls.Adelaide really needed to win this one.

Really frustrating finish, we just ran out of legs by the looks of it.

Would have liked to see us finish this one off but can't fault the effort - A lot of players had a crack today.

Gave my votes to Martin, Beams, Redden, Leuenberger & Zorko.

Good to see Leuenberger take 6 marks and kick 2 although I didn't see much of him in the last. Still thought it was a decent game from him and hopefully he can continue to improve in this role.

Defence played really well for most of the day given the circumstances, clearly gave up a lot of experience. Harris Andrews is going to be a player but he looks so young right now.

Harris was superb. Played extremely well IMO. Zorko and Redden getting back to their best. Harwood did a great job on Eddie and was dangerous on the counter and pushing up the field. Martin + Leuie combo worked well, bonus points for Leuie taking marks all over the place. Squizzy worked hard all game and was a great link man. Robbo's hardness and tenacity is a massive plus for the team that alleviates any shortcomings he may have, been a great pick up. Rich was much better than last week and had some great moments, still seems to be hesitant to kick through the ball. Really loved how we moved the ball by hand. We look so much better than when we try and hold possession. Hopefully this whole tempo footy thing has been just trying to instill some sensibilities into the team with the view of short term pain for long term gain.

Back