Review Round 13 - Geelong d Bulldogs by 57 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night was his first quiet game, he's been very, very consistent.
The 2 OOBs were real look-twice things, it was so unexpected.
But he's probably got a sprained body after that dumping he got last night.
I actually did wonder if he was right after that hit. He hit the ground pretty hard. He was not quite himself after.
As you said those OOBs are completely out of character, as he is the best ball user we have

It's sad that nobody gave a fat rats about your "secret" that you had to reply to yourself

Buzz-Lightyear-Sad-Strange-Little-Man.gif
lol

that was a great movie

Clearly I'm not worried about a couple mistakes when you compare that to his total body of work, he has plenty of credits in the bank.
Neither am I, nor am I worried about subjective gradations and whether he's reached that level yet. Still a solid contributor for us this season.

Last night was the first game I attended for the year. I suppose it was the game you hope for, relatively low stress, but the atmosphere was so flat, aside from that mini-revival from the Dogs in the 3rd. Anyway, I'd rather that than a heart stopper I suppose unless victory was guaranteed :)

Very impressive performance almost across the board, tackling effectiveness was awesome for most of the night. Dangerfield's running is something to behold live. Re Motlop I didn't notice anything glaring with effort, he seemed to run hard when he needed to, and used the ball pretty well (most of tthe time) based on the options ahead of him, and he's probably never going to be the world's greatest tackler.

It was interesting watching Menzel live, he has that ability to get to dangerous spots, goal side of his opponent, which either led directly to some easy goals or helped set them up, which is something Bruest does very well when he senses Hawthorn are about to take possession. Add in Menzel's contested marking and ball-winning ability he's a serious player, as we all knew he was and hoped he could be again. Just so good to see him having an extended run at it.

Henderson continues to impress, very courageous, and reads the ball well in the air. Even Kersten did some nice courageous work in the back half last night. Not too many negatives, Murdoch continues to struggle with awareness, running the wrong way into trouble or not seeing options. It's probably he and Gregson who will continue to be under pressure.

All in all, very classy performance.

He has had more poor games than good and when he has contributed it's normally only for a quarter a game,we have a second 22 send him back there and see if he can develop a hunger for AFL,with the injury list shrinking his time is just about up.
If Kersten plays poorly next week, and Clark plays well today and next week you might get your wish after the bye.

The only change I can see for next week is Guthrie for caddy.

Last night was his first quiet game, he's been very, very consistent.
The 2 OOBs were real look-twice things, it was so unexpected.
But he's probably got a sprained body after that dumping he got last night.

Duncan... I have not looked efficiency figures..or personal stats compared to previous years.. but I feel he is down. Has he played well since the Mummy hit? Last night was not at his best after the Stringer dumping. Is he getting the same amount of ball he was before Danger came? Is he really kicking that well this year , gut feel is no. He missed a setshot at Geelong a few weeks ago..most unlike him. His in play stuff just not to the standard that he has in him imo. ..and when his kicking is off , I don't think he is the same player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to the Cats who last night were relentless in their defensive pressure and never gave us any breathing space. We were outplayed apart from a small period when Geelong were having a breather during the 3rd but the result was never in doubt. I think its fair and reasonable to say that the Cats are going to go far in September and be a real shot at the flag.

Until we meet again later in the season, all the best to the Catters.

Duncan... I have not looked efficiency figures..or personal stats compared to previous years.. but I feel he is down. Has he played well since the Mummy hit? Last night was not at his best after the Stringer dumping. Is he getting the same amount of ball he was before Danger came? Is he really kicking that well this year , gut feel is no. He missed a setshot at Geelong a few weeks ago..most unlike him. His in play stuff just not to the standard that he has in him imo. ..and when his kicking is off , I don't think he is the same player.

I think Lana has dealt with all that on the previous page.

After watching the replay (watched the conjuring 2 movie instead last night), i'll say it again it's lucky Mackie has other strings to his bow; he is one of the worst players i've seen, with his experience, playing the ball below his knees.

Just doesn't seem to have any or very limited ability in this. Either falls over, or taps it to boundary if he is close enough.

Kudos to the Cats who last night were relentless in their defensive pressure and never gave us any breathing space. We were outplayed apart from a small period when Geelong were having a breather during the 3rd but the result was never in doubt. I think its fair and reasonable to say that the Cats are going to go far in September and be a real shot at the flag.

Until we meet again later in the season, all the best to the Catters.

10 goals is not a true reflection of the tides within the game... for a while I could almost see a come back happening. More than ever kicking and conversion influence results.. North and Dogs ... what might have been. I think we were the better side last night but I suspect you will be more prepared at KP in a few weeks time.

10 goals is not a true reflection of the tides within the game... for a while I could almost see a come back happening. More than ever kicking and conversion influence results.. North and Dogs ... what might have been. I think we were the better side last night but I suspect you will be more prepared at KP in a few weeks time.
I think 10 goals was about right.

When they were getting a bit of a roll on I said to my daughter ...
We've been coasting a bit, it's been too easy so our pressure has dropped.
So they'll probably kick the next few now as we rebuild the pressure. Then we'll take over again.

Precisely what happened. But only because we switched back on. We've seen it enough times where teams just can't find that switch.

I dont understand why the majority (not all) of opposition fans dont have any respect for us as a team, every time we win the other boards light up about how much we are hated and they have all the excuses under the sun, for once it would be nice to hear that we were simply too good for them, no respect whatsoever!!

RANT OVER!!!

It's funny that you have issue with his delivery, there is a lovely info-graphic in today's paper, which has various rankings done by champion data. And who is leading the competition in kick accuracy (this isn't just % of kicks that hits the target, it takes in account location and pressure of the kick), none other than Mitch Duncan, he is also the second best kick in the competition I50. He leads the team in uncontested possessions he gets 17.5 of them a game (24th in the competition), is third in our team for possessions with 24.2 disposals (59th in the competition).

So if he is getting plenty of the ball and using it well what more do you want from him.
That is more than funny.
It is not how I have perceived him a lot this year; goes to show how little I know as a fairly objective supporter. I have more issue with Caddy in that area, but I'm probably wrong there as well.
Duncan seems to have missed more gettable goals this year and yesterday had at least 2 howlers, but as you say, over the season, he must be doing it well. I have come to expect him to be our best deliverer.

He has had more poor games than good and when he has contributed it's normally only for a quarter a game,we have a second 22 send him back there and see if he can develop a hunger for AFL,with the injury list shrinking his time is just about up.
20 goals in 12 games, doing his job pretty well. he helped us win against north in one quarter of footy just last week. Why drop him for? He's Playing better than McCarthy atm. Can't play well every week. Anyway why can't Mitch Clark play chf and Kersten as a third tall? It's not like Kersten is slow at all. He deserves to be played nearly every week just from he's recent contribution, sure if he has a few weeks of doing hardly anything, yeah he should be dropped. Not after one game of not playing well, especially after he's contribution last week where the game was in the balance in the 3rd qrt, Kersten stepped up and kicked us in front if i recall. Not to mention Hawkins being out, he and Menzel pretty much helped us to victory. Very underrated game for Kersten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back