Preview Round 13 v Fremantle Optus Stadium Saturday June 10th 7.25pm - Baker 100th D.Rioli 150th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mansell is about to play his 12th game out of 13 this year.

I honestly don’t know why or how.

Those 12 games being put into a Sonsie or banks would’ve been much better for the future.
He runs a lot.

For me our mindset is completely wrong from club and coach we pick the team like we're going to play finals. This year is about development and exposure to the kids get games into them let's see who swims or sinks.Dockers got more kids in there 22.

We set our list up this way though. we probably have about 16 players that just play if they are fit. Its hard to go back on that now as weve gone all in for a flag, certainly this year and the next few. If Hopper and Lynch were fit, would we have any kids at all?

It's hard to see how we wont be significantly worse next year as we have way too many older player that will get worse or injured and we haven't put any games into kids to cover them.

Ryan, Clarke and Hugo should slightly improve next year, whilst quite a few players will get worse. Yet we will probably be sitting bottom 4 after this round.

Yeah, I was thinking leading up to the Geelong game. They had a younger team than us through injuries. Consistency with young sides is not always there. I think we are a red hot chance.

Geelong had no midfield though, Freo's young mids are very good. They are a miles better team than GWS who we conceded 70 odd entries to. They will also be fresh and we are on back to back interstate trips after a tough last quarter. I think this one gets ugly.

Is there a record for listing someone as an emergency? From memory Banks was Emergency about 5 times last year. He's been emergency majority of this year. If you were dating a chick and before every time you see her she gives you hints your getting lucky this time only to give you a handshake at the front door when you drop her off end of night.

Then you look through her window and she's hooking up with all these old or useless blokes who are struggling to perform. Soon your blue balls would get over her and be looking at what else is out there. Mansell, Graham, Cotchin, McIntosh are holding this club back. They can serve up sh1tfish sandwiches 9/10 without fear of ever getting dropped.
Problem with Banks is he doesn't really show much at VFL level. Sure he is very good with the ball and could be a better player at a higher level due to his good disposal but, he has only had 20+ possessions twice this year.

For his build and size and the position he plays he seems a tad slow. I think they keep making him an emergency as an incentive to keep going and raise the bar a bit. His last 3 weeks have been 13, 19 and 16. Not exactly banging the door down.

And if any side needs an injection of youth it has to be us. So boring reading out the same names every week.

Problem with Banks is he doesn't really show much at VFL level. Sure he is very good with the ball and could be a better player at a higher level due to his good disposal but, he has only had 20+ possessions twice this year.

For his build and size and the position he plays he seems a tad slow. I think they keep making him an emergency as an incentive to keep going and raise the bar a bit. His last 3 weeks have been 13, 19 and 16. Not exactly banging the door down.

And if any side needs an injection of youth it has to be us. So boring reading out the same names every week.
Banks doesn't get high numbers because he doesn't win his own ball. Morris often comments in his VFL Report that "we didn't use him enough" because he relies on his team mates feeding the ball out to him. Atm he's not a very versatile player.

Our AFL level wingers, whilst not getting huge numbers stat wise, do step in and help on the inside when needed. Ross especially has been very good at this since replacing Pickett in the role, while McIntosh tends to push back more and help out the defenders with his height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sides too tall and too slow especially if wet. When are the VFL boys playing I want to see the team of the future not the one of the past?
Young and Balta down back Grimes and Broad can play on smalls
Ryan & JR up fwd.

Can't get much shorter.

Vlas IN is excellent. Guy is in great form

The team had forgotten how to win. I hope the win over the Giants kick starts us.

No Darcy is a good out for us. Nank has been challenged by Draper, Lycett.

Young and Balta down back Grimes and Broad can play on smalls
Ryan & JR up fwd.

Can't get much shorter.

Vlas IN is excellent. Guy is in great form

The team had forgotten how to win. I hope the win over the Giants kick starts us.

No Darcy is a good out for us. Nank has been challenged by Draper, Lycett.
Still slow though mate

For me our mindset is completely wrong from club and coach we pick the team like we're going to play finals. This year is about development and exposure to the kids get games into them let's see who swims or sinks.Dockers got more kids in there 22.

Well Mini never got the memo about "playing the kids" for one close win two close losses. Dropped Dow, Miler, Hugo

From Mini's perspective.. obviously caretaker coach. I don't know. would Benny or the list manager have a word to him? Select so and so...so we can work out whether to delist them or not. I think like every year the delisting of Stack, RCD fringe players will continue whether they get AFL games or not. Nyoun, Dow, etc

Doesn't seem to want to dump the Graham, Kmac, Mansell types.

Just saw pictures of Hugo with the team at airport seriously how does he get a game over sonsie I’m bewildered looks like we are trying to ruin another career in sonsie
sonsie is too slow and duck footed , hugo one trick pony is speed

is darcy that fat campaigner that looks the fattest campaigner to play the game since stewie dew ?
13eb72b48f7ba120930019db89a2e8ae

Reminds me of this bloke...

1561612056320_GM729L5UL.3-0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back